Takeo Spikes is on the trading block

Just saw this news on NFL Network.

I kinda wanted them to keep Spikes around if Fletcher left because it would give us another option other than Keith Ellison...if Spikes goes, Ellison will start in all likelihood, I'm guessing on the weak side. This would also increase the chances that we draft Patrick Willis in the 1st round.

Wonder what we could get for TKO?

who is gonna trade for a linebacker that tore his achilles?i think takeo can be productive in the bills defense without being the star he was before he got hurt.it is a shame to think of how we lost sam cowart and now maybe a special player like spikes to injury.

who is gonna trade for a linebacker that tore his achilles?i think takeo can be productive in the bills defense without being the star he was before he got hurt.it is a shame to think of how we lost sam cowart and now maybe a special player like spikes to injury.

that is exactly why you don't break the bank for any one player, like Nate Clements.

too easy to lose the player to injury and the team is hamstrung for years to come by the lost cash and cap room

i dont know with mcgahee the giants may give us a 3rd and little known linebacker named Gerris wilkinson, he played at georgia tech, 3rd pick for the giants has played middle linebacke, olb and DE. i think he would provide a versitle player who could play any linebacker position and would be a nice youth movement IMO.... just a thought

Going into free agency and the draft, the concerns seemed to be for a DT, O-linemen, Clements replacement and other possible infusions in the secondary that we just recently seemed to stabilze but it now seems that LB is huge need and concern. I'm curious how much and successfully we address it with FAs. If this position isn't more solidified by the draft then I think this would be an immediate need. I think trading down becomes a little more realistic.

Before I forget, does the resigning and realigning of Coy Wire become a great move? Not that I'm suggesting that Coy is any kind of replacement for any of our current starters at LB but for important depth and continuity. I would love for this to work out not only for Wire but also for our senile, eighth overall safety picking fool of a GM.

I really do respect the job Marv has done so far. Go Bills!

Just saw this news on NFL Network.

I kinda wanted them to keep Spikes around if Fletcher left because it would give us another option other than Keith Ellison...if Spikes goes, Ellison will start in all likelihood, I'm guessing on the weak side. This would also increase the chances that we draft Patrick Willis in the 1st round.

Wonder what we could get for TKO?

I wonder who would want to take on his salary. If the Bills don't get an offer they might just cut him.

This is gonna be an interesting offseason. Instead of looking like we should be taking a step foward the bills seem to be choping players who can still play. Clements,Fletcher, Willis,Spikes. Anyone care to explain how this helps us take the next step?

Spikes was to get a 4.7 million salary this year (?). Those players free up alot of cap space (more lol). If marv goes after 3-4 quality free agents, 5-7 draft picks........experience wise we will take a hit, but the talent might sneak through towards the middle of the season.

This defense of Jauron seems to be unit oriented than start oriented. Maybe the offense will follow same pattern.

You have to admit marv has everyone guessing lol

This is gonna be an interesting offseason. Instead of looking like we should be taking a step foward the bills seem to be choping players who can still play. Clements,Fletcher, Willis,Spikes. Anyone care to explain how this helps us take the next step?

youre right, we are cutting players who can play. but they are TD's guys. i think they want to replace everyone he brought in with a completely different type of guy. now i know that Fletcher is a high character guy, but maybe between his asking price and their housecleaning, he gets caught up in it. i dont know?

I told people on this board that he would be traded and many of you didn't believe me. We look, he's on the trading block.

We most likely will get a player for him, but the question is, which team out there needs a LB? I see the Ravens, Bears, or 49ers.

Jamie Dukes was talking about the Bengals need for a playmaking OLB, for what its worth.