Rap album sales down 21%

Tux of Borg

Wow. They asked a bunch of 35 year-olds about music designed for 15-25 year-olds and they said they are sick of it. :worthy:

Sales are down IMO because there aren't many good new stars with good new music. It's all the same in a genre that's often all the same. The same way a lot of other cycles in music go. Country sales are up, could this be the new craze that young urban black kids drift to?

They be trippin!!!

I agree with RTDB, the entire industry is a joke...

MTV hasn't shown a video in three years. The only form of music on Music Television is in the background of shockingly horrible 'scripted reality' shows involving high schoolers driving Range Rovers to their $400,000 Sweet 16 party. Sadly, American teens are eating this schit up.

The Real OC 2007- Sunshine, surfboards, no job, hot car, and hangin with the sexy cool kids in an ocean front mansion (the parents are always gone, apparently.) followed by drinks at the bonfire on the beach.

Yeah, that's reality alright....

The Real Buffalo 1995- A 16-year old smokinandjokin gets home from school (on the bus,) takes the dog for an hour walk, shovels the driveway, asks dad to use his car to take the girlfriend to the movies, dad laughs, S'n'J rides bike to girlfriend's house, they walk to the movie theater, make out for two hours, walk home, try to sneak into her house quietly so I can play some sticky finger on the couch, her dad comes downstairs to chat and stare down S'n'J, S'n'J gets intimidated and gets on his bike to go home, hits a pothole and flattens the front tire, walks bike home, gets inside and sees a note from dad that says, "I'll wake you up at 6:30am- you're helping me remodel the bathroom tomorrow." S'n'J takes the dog for another walk and calls it a night.

Why didn't I get a damn show???

:worthy::w00t: :w00t:

thats phenominal.

you and LA have it right...people do not buy music like they used to, and RtDB, there is some good hip-hop out there...may not be my favorite genre, but not all of it sucks...some of it talks realistically about the blight of the young people they are singing/rapping to...kind of sounds like rock, punk etc...problem is those of us that are over 30 and white(predominantly) sound like our predecessors and hear one song about killing cops and lump it all together, there are acts out there that take the basics of hip hop and produce some pretty good stuff

Bingo. I'm sure it's down as much as rock sales or anything else. People are looking for trends to talk about and write articles about. There are some fine hip-hop albums being made but they aren't and were rarely ever the kind that sold millions.

The whole music industry is a complete joke.

Rap music sales may be down but it's used for every !@#$ing movie, tv show, commercial, sporting event, etc, etc, etc. Wat up wid dat?

Everything has to be blackified to sell it seems.

Oh the humanity!

The time is right for a new generation to discover

. :(

:devil::o:D:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He's the Hip-Hop antidote.

I hate rap. Happy to see it decline

Yes. Whatever the reason is Im happy sales are down. Maybe if the decline continues there won't be as many chopped down Hummers, Bently's and Benz's on Cribs.

You know rap may suck, but I'm not sure what kind of music is out there these days that's worth listening to. Reason number one Idol is so popular.

Lots of good music out there. Unfortunately, all the exposure and money gets behind the sh-- music you see on MTV most nights. Try punk for quality and energy. May I recommend Pennywise, Alkaline Trio, NOFX for starters. For something a bit more subdued you can give New Found Glory, AFI a listen.

Wow. They asked a bunch of 35 year-olds about music designed for 15-25 year-olds and they said they are sick of it. :P

Sales are down IMO because there aren't many good new stars with good new music. It's all the same in a genre that's often all the same. The same way a lot of other cycles in music go. Country sales are up, could this be the new craze that young urban black kids drift to?

Its not the young black kids that stopped buying the rap albums. Its the young white kids that are getting tired of the rap craze

Its not the young black kids that stopped buying the rap albums. Its the young white kids that are getting tired of the rap craze

I don't think the white kids are getting tired of rap at all. But then again I live in Orange county. We don't have any black kids here.