Decided against renewing the season tickets today

generaLee83

I'm a lifelong fan and will always love the Bills but I'm choosing to not give them my money this season. Here's why:

1. "Cash to cap"- makes good financial sense on paper until it's completely contradicted by a reported $23 million dollar contract being awarded to a 2nd tier defensive lineman. It also made no sense to go public with the whole "cash to cap" approach, it basically sent a message to the outside world of "hey, we're poor so don't come here looking for work cuz we can't pay you much" If the Bills wanted to have this approach then that's fine but why tell the entire world about it at a press conference, why not just say that "we will be running our institution in a fiscally responsible manner and we are looking to build a winner"? No other team has complained as much lately about money issues as the Bills and old Ralphie have.

2. The whole Willis fiasco, why the PHUK is Dick Jauron speaking to the media about a potential Willis trade? Who failed to tell him that it's a taboo subject? And why the PHUK did it ever get so public in the 1st place, now there are articles surfacing about him not knowing basic running plays, etc etc. His value is declining each day. I'd venture a guess and say that the Bills will get a 5th rounder for him or they will have to outright release him because if a trade is rejected he certainly won't want to play for the Bills. It will be a total loss.

3. Marv's approach of building a winning team through the draft is very noble but given that it takes 3-5 years to build a great player then the Bills will always be drafting replacements for their unrestricted free agents who want to go play where there is more money. Building a solid core of veteran players seems impossible under this approach.

I write all this in hopes that I am wrong and that all of these "approaches" work out and prove me to be the dumbest poster ever on TBD, I will renew tickets once I feel that this organization is going in the right direction.

Whatever...

1. Anyone whining about "Cash to Cap" and calling Ralph cheap should take a close look at the contract that Kelsay just signed.

2. What was Jauron supposed to say? If you read his quotes, I think his answer was spot-on. That is, the Bills do not HAVE to trade Willis, but if an offer is presented to them that is too good to refuse, they will listen. FYI, it was the Giants front office that let the cat out of the bag that Willis might be available, not the Bills. Personally, I am excited that the team is interested in finding an upgrade whether Willis remains on the team or not.

3. If we have a draft in 2007 that approaches what we did last year, it will NOT take 3+ years to be truly competitive. And, if some of the guys who didn't perform from last year's draft (McCargo, Youboty and Butler) manage to step up this year, all the better. Just what UFAs are we losing? Fletcher? I don't think his probable departure has as much to do with money as it does with his age and the fact that the coaches want a different style MLB. Clements? Well, TD tried in vain to r-sign him -- and Marv was forced to slap the franchise tag on him. The dude is bound, set and determined to test the open market, which is his right. Not much anyone can do about that.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a lifelong fan and will always love the Bills but I'm choosing to not give them my money this season. Here's why:

1. "Cash to cap"- makes good financial sense on paper until it's completely contradicted by a reported $23 million dollar contract being awarded to a 2nd tier defensive lineman. It also made no sense to go public with the whole "cash to cap" approach, it basically sent a message to the outside world of "hey, we're poor so don't come here looking for work cuz we can't pay you much" If the Bills wanted to have this approach then that's fine but why tell the entire world about it at a press conference, why not just say that "we will be running our institution in a fiscally responsible manner and we are looking to build a winner"? No other team has complained as much lately about money issues as the Bills and old Ralphie have.

2. The whole Willis fiasco, why the PHUK is Dick Jauron speaking to the media about a potential Willis trade? Who failed to tell him that it's a taboo subject? And why the PHUK did it ever get so public in the 1st place, now there are articles surfacing about him not knowing basic running plays, etc etc. His value is declining each day. I'd venture a guess and say that the Bills will get a 5th rounder for him or they will have to outright release him because if a trade is rejected he certainly won't want to play for the Bills. It will be a total loss.

3. Marv's approach of building a winning team through the draft is very noble but given that it takes 3-5 years to build a great player then the Bills will always be drafting replacements for their unrestricted free agents who want to go play where there is more money. Building a solid core of veteran players seems impossible under this approach.

I write all this in hopes that I am wrong and that all of these "approaches" work out and prove me to be the dumbest poster ever on TBD, I will renew tickets once I feel that this organization is going in the right direction.

You seem like the optimistic, friendly type that will be sorely missed by your section! Bye.

You say you are giving up the tickets because you are unhappy with the Bills . I see you giving up your tickets because you have better things to do with your money . I can under stand that . I think you are just saying you are unhappy with the Bills so that it makes you feel better about not going to the games because you need the money for other things . It is OK to give up your tickets if you need the money for living day to day .

If you are a true blue die hard fan you live with the ups and downs . You not buying your tickets is not going to matter to Dick , Marv , or Ralphie

I hope you can make it to a game if you can .

If you have some money to burn and are so concerned why don't you send him a check?

I dont have money to burn. i try to make it to a home game every year, so long as the bills are in town when i am home for xmas. If he decided not to renew because tickets were too expensive for him, so be it, thats fine.

But when you come on here whining like a little B word that you dont like the Bills and are going to throw a temper like a 4 year old and cry..."waaaaah, i'm not gonna renew my tickets, take THAT buffalo.", thats where you draw the line between a true fan and a bandwagoner.

Living in Charlotte and Raleigh all my life, I've only seen five Bills games in person my entire life. I've been rooting for this team since 1985 and I was seven years old.

It kills me when I see posts like this. You don't know how good you've got it. I'd have season tickets and renew even if they went 0-16 and hired a monkey to be GM. Hopefully someone who appreciates the team and the its place in the city will take your tickets.

Great post!! Finally someone who makes sense.......although you will probably be smacked around and hated for being "negative"in here for speaking the obvious truth...........Spinnin wheels seems to be the norm for this team the last decade. All we do is develope a player then let him go,replace him with a rookie, develope the player, then let him go,replace him with a rookie!.............alot of diehard fans don`t understand the "bad approach"part of it either!!

Great post!! Finally someone who makes sense.......although you will probably be smacked around and hated for being "negative"in here for speaking the obvious truth...........Spinnin wheels seems to be the norm for this team the last decade. All we do is develope a player then let him go,replace him with a rookie, develope the player, then let him go,replace him with a rookie!.............alot of diehard fans don`t understand the "bad approach"part of it!!

sure it is :lol:

I myself gave up 5 tickets last yr. I have many reasons why but the main reason was I felt I was bilked into getting all hyped up every yr then blam...Another losing season...I had enuff. I still enjoy watching the games..As a matter of fact I enjoy them more now because after another dissapointing loss like against the Titans i can just turn the TV off and smile knowing the Football Gods didnt get me for 4500 this yr..LOL..Call me bandwagon fan if you like too then...Show me commitment to build a Super Bowl Champion and I will fork over the money..If not Thank god for TV...

I want to stop hearing complaining from the Bills about how this or that is not fair. Quit making excuses and get the job done. If Willis isnt the answer trade his arse. I dont want to read about your dirty laundry fix the dang problem. If you cant afford the the present money situation Ralph sell the team. I am tired of the crying...Do something about it and get the job done..WIN A SUPER BOWL...Its only been 42 years..NO MORE EXCUSES

.....Amen,Great post!

Great post!! Finally someone who makes sense.......although you will probably be smacked around and hated for being "negative"in here for speaking the obvious truth...........Spinnin wheels seems to be the norm for this team the last decade. All we do is develope a player then let him go,replace him with a rookie, develope the player, then let him go,replace him with a rookie!.............alot of diehard fans don`t understand the "bad approach"part of it!!

If you don't think anyone on this board doesn't "understand" this oh so subtle and complex point that you just so amazingly articulated for the first time in the history of this board, then you are the one with his head up his arse. The point is, unlike weathervane bandwagon pansies, us diehard fans prefer not to judas on over to the Chicken Little Crackhead Brigade. And even if we did, we wouldn't be stupid enough to parade our fair weatherness in front of the whole board.

Do what you want, people, for monetary or whatever reasons, just don't expect any of us to pat you on the back for it.

I think you are going to regret it also. People never cease to amaze me on here. They complain we dont spend money & then when we do to retain a young de who is just coming into his own people complain about that. So what, we may have overpaid for him, that is what it took to keep him off the market. Barring major injury, the bills will challenge for a playoff spot & not just the last spot for the wildcard, Im talking taking a run at the pats this year. I said it all along, the bills find a good young qb to build a team around & everything else is going to fall into place. I think based on the last 1/2 of the year, we got that guy in Losman.

As far as cash to the cap. The bills are basically saying we are going to spend 30-35 mill on new guaranteed contracts this year. Doesnt sound like they are being cheap to me at all.

It is going to be a fun ride this year. To bad you decided you dont want to come along for it.

"Take a run at the Pats"??.."fall into place"?....These are the kind of fans Im talking about! .........can you hear it?Im rolling my eyes really loud now.

If you don't think anyone on this board doesn't "understand" this oh so subtle and complex point that you just so amazingly articulated for the first time in the history of this board, then you are the one with his head up his arse. The point is, unlike weathervane bandwagon pansies, us diehard fans prefer not to judas on over to the Chicken Little Crackhead Brigade. And even if we did, we wouldn't be stupid enough to parade our fair weatherness in front of the whole board.

Do what you want, people, for monetary or whatever reasons, just don't expect any of us to pat you on the back for it.

Now that is a great post Sketch!

Fans in Buffalo don't realize how good they've got it with an NFL team. I'm from Winnipeg. We had an NHL team called the Jets that meant so much to our city. Then the league started getting expensive and the Jets couldn't compete and hold the players they were drafting. The bad years started and the bandwagoners started falling off, they stopped buying tickets to "send a message" to the team. The team got the message, they up and moved to Phoenix. Our city lost our heart and soul and as much as I loved the place, it became a toilet. Now, all the kids who loved the team have grown up. They could have supported it a team but instead are leaving the city.

The Bills are the heart of Buffalo. It needs REAL fans.

Fair weather?..Relax,All I want is a competitive team here, fans have to take off their rose colored glasses thats all.If it makes you fell any better "WERE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL" this year! yehaww!..There are you done whinning now.

Great post!! Finally someone who makes sense.......although you will probably be smacked around and hated for being "negative"in here for speaking the obvious truth...........Spinnin wheels seems to be the norm for this team the last decade. All we do is develope a player then let him go,replace him with a rookie, develope the player, then let him go,replace him with a rookie!.............alot of diehard fans don`t understand the "bad approach"part of it either!!

That would be a valid point if it wasn't complete bullcrap. Developed Reed - kept him. Developed Peters - kept him. Developed Crowell - kept him. Got a good kicker in Lindell - keeping him. Got a great Punter in Moorman - keeping him. Develop Kelsay - keeping him.

If you call last year's improvement spinning wheels, well, I guess I don't know what to say.

Edit - Oh yeah - and how could I forget Schoebel? Yeah, we developed him and signed him as well.

Fair weather?..Relax,All I want is a competitive team here, fans have to take off their rose colored glasses thats all.If it makes you fell any better "WERE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL" this year! yehaww!..There are you done whinning now.

So let me get this straight:

You come onto THIS BOARD and tell us that we have to "take off the rose colored glasses"? After the Bills haven't made this playoffs in THIS CENTURY? After every second post here is either constructively or kneejerk-like critical about some aspect of the Bills/Organization/Player performance/marketing/cash to the cap/moving to [insert City here]?

LMFAO

So let me get this straight:

You come onto THIS BOARD and tell us that we have to "take off the rose colored glasses"? After the Bills haven't made this playoffs in THIS CENTURY? After every second post here is either constructively or kneejerk-like critical about some aspect of the Bills/Organization/Player performance/marketing/cash to the cap/moving to [insert City here]?

LMFAO

sorry if it's just that i'm stupid, but I can;t figger out if what sketch is sayin. I can get everyone else;s position - keep the tix, or dump the bills. but sketch is being a little too ambiguous for me.

Now myself, I'd say, "if you don't pony up the money, you can't ride the horse". This years horse might not be a sure thing, but it should be a good ride. And it's the only ride you gonna get. Unless you think you would rather pay double for Cleveland tix. Yeah that could be a good thing. Cleveland tix. Or Jet tix, or Giant tix, or Bungle Tix. Or UB Bulls tix!!

Just so I've got this right. You have "philosophical" differences with the new regime and are pissed because they are not considering your plan?

Totally agree with you. I also have been a lifelong fan of the Bills, but have lost interest. I feel that unless there is a major change in direction/management, this team is destined to be mediocre at best. It just seems to me that at this point, all Ralph cares about is making whatever money he can and Marv is his tool. I can't in good faith believe in this team anymore, nad to come out and publically state your cash to the cap strategy represents throwing in the towel to me. Lee Evans and other young stars will be gone when their contract are up. Expect 8 and 8 becasue you will never get much more than that out of this sad sack group of leaders.