Director James Cameron says he's found the tomb of...

Phlegm Alley

Sure, burst my bubble. Next your going to tell me that just because a few billion people have never come back to life, that's not proof that it CAN'T happen.

And Meazza, you can get DNA from bone samples. Setting aside Jurassic Park science, there have been discoveries of almost wholly intact DNA samples in decomposed animals older than Jesus.

At least you're prepared. As usual I might add. :worthy:

Anyone seen my Key and Kite?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, burst my bubble. Next your going to tell me that just because a few billion people have never come back to life, that's not proof that it CAN'T happen.

And Meazza, you can get DNA from bone samples. Setting aside Jurassic Park science, there have been discoveries of almost wholly intact DNA samples in decomposed animals older than Jesus.

Obviously you could. But how do you know that the DNA is actually Jesus' DNA? You'd have to compare it to an actual sample of Jesus' DNA just to see if it matches. I'm pretty sure that there are no physical specimens of Jesus still around.

Maybe Jesus H. Christ will be more able to comment.

I see some news outlets are running this as something akin to the war on christmas.

But then again, it's just not as sexy to run something like this:

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2007/02/26/D8NHI2MO2.html

" Pfann is even unsure that the name "Jesus" on the caskets was read correctly. He thinks it's more likely the name "Hanun." Ancient Semitic script is notoriously difficult to decipher. "

Or this:

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8...00.html?cnn=yes

"Archaeologists and clergymen in the Holy Land derided claims in a new documentary"

How 'bout this:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,254669,00.html

"In 1996, when the British Broadcasting Corp. aired a short documentary on the same subject, archaeologists challenged the claims. Amos Kloner, the first archaeologist to examine the site, said the idea fails to hold up by archaeological standards but makes for profitable television.

"They just want to get money for it," Kloner said."

Whether you want to believe in christianity, jesus, or religion in general, the notion of Cameron's "documentary" influencing your decision is laughable.

Obviously you could. But how do you know that the DNA is actually Jesus' DNA? You'd have to compare it to an actual sample of Jesus' DNA just to see if it matches. I'm pretty sure that there are no physical specimens of Jesus still around.

When they view Christs DNA it will more than likely look like a bunch of crucifixes when placed under a microscope, instead of like regular DNA.

From what I hear, the "H" was on the tomb.

I think it is fair to say that James Cameron and his assistant, TV director, Simcha Jacobovici, are making some convoluted connections that may not be warranted. Anyway, here's a link that goes into depth quite a bit about this. Still incendiary, it is more descriptive about the methods used to come to this "discovery." And it also suggests the reasons to be skeptical about it being true. It is a longer read, but FWIW, I think it's worth it.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17328478/site/newsweek/

In reference to those connections that are made that maybe shouldn't be that I mentioned, here are the main points (if you don't have time to read the article): the "Newsweek" article says that he is taking the "James box", which the Israel Antiquities Authority deemed to be invalid and actually forged (I don't think they'd be a capricious source to declare that) and 1). declaring that it is actually valid and 2). declaring that it was it was from the Talpiot cave (even though it wasn't found there by the achaelogists in 1980 and subsequently examined). That cave was the same place where the patina of Talpiot, or the ossuary that allegedly contained the bones of Jesus' family, was found. He then is comparing the DNA from both sources. Anyway, those jumps don't seem seamless to me, bias and all. And the article says that a positive match, even if Jacobovici says he has one, is still inconclusive; the materials being examined may be too crude, and the methods to examine them too convoluted, to ascertain a match.

The body of Jesus was found in the early 70's by a memeber of a sect of commando priests who protect the pope. The implications of such finding were well laid out in Tom Robbins fine book"Another Road Side Attrraction". Very fine reading if I do say so myself

Ni!!!

Careful there. Careful! :thumbsup:

I'll await further comment untill he publishes his complete trilogy: "Jesus - Dethroned by De Bone", "Mohammhed - Prophet for Profit", "Buddah - Siddartha or not Siddartha - that is the question" complete set now on sale at Amazon.com Click the glowing jewel chest to get the special Collector's Edition. Remember coupon code 69-69-666-9 for an extra 20% off and you'll get free shipping if you type in “The Heart of the Ocean”.

Wonder what it must be like, in caves sniffing rotted corpses, poking dusty bones with a pointy finger, getting grit from mouldy ossified spleen in your nostrils. Hard work that is. It sounds like Mike Rowe should have been on his glorious expedition.

Is Jesus' Dad gonna give a sample? Who is going to heaven on THAT assignment? I think the Jesus thing might even compete with Anna Nicole.

Rumor has it that Jesus would be coming back, maybe they should test his DNA against Annas baby.