What QB would you want in 2007

Peyton Manning

Marsha Brady

Drew Brees

Big Ben

Michael Vick

Personally after the SB last night, I think I would take Peyton over any of them.

If I want superbowls, I will still take Brady.....

Of course, if you want any those QBs, you would want their OL too..... :rolleyes:

Of course, if you want any those QBs, you would want their OL too..... :rolleyes:

I was wondering the same thing last night. Is Manning that elusive or is the OL of the Colts that good. The RT was a rookie who was filling in for the starter. But hey, the Bears OL is pretty good, and well Grossman looked awful.

Tom Brady hands down.

Mostly for the fact Tom is used to playing in inclement weather and have proven to perform in bad weather on multiple occassions.

Rain in Southern Florida on one night against a team with the worst starting SB QB ever and a defense missing two big pieces does not convince me to take Manning over Brady.

I was wondering the same thing last night. Is Manning that elusive or is the OL of the Colts that good. The RT was a rookie who was filling in for the starter. But hey, the Bears OL is pretty good, and well Grossman looked awful.

Manning is that elusive. I was convinced of that after the ne game in which he was under pressure almost all game and seemingly avoided sack after sack by simply moving in the pocket and a lot of throws while he was moving backwards or stepping sideways.

I think a lot of people are being hard on grossman. It's not easy to get into a rhythm when your defense is on the field for 40 minutes. The bears could not stop the run to save their lives and put on a good display of how to not tackle. Addai had a field day catching what should've been 2-3 yard gains into 7-8 yard gains on dumpoffs, and addai/rhodes put up nearly 200 yards rushing. Was grossman great? No of course he wasn't. The rest of his offense didn't help him out either. Save one run by thomas jones the colts defense played one hell of a game as they have the entire playoffs. The colts did what a lot of people thought they couldn't. Win the battle in the trenches against a more physical bunch on both sides of the ball.

As for who should've won mvp. Manning really had no business winning it. I pretty much feel regardless of the stats Peyton put up he would've won mvp, but to me it's a tossup between joseph addai and dominic rhodes who had their way with the bears front 4. Honorable Mention goes to Bob Sanders.

Still a tossup between Manning/Brady. I'd lean towards Manning though. Mannings receivers in the playoffs haven't really done much save 2 games vs the broncos and he hasnt had the luxury of the type of defenses ne has had to bail him out, at least until these playoffs. Nothing Manning did this post season was anything spectacular. He's thrown a lot of pics, but has a great run game/defense to keep them close enough where he just had to make a play here or there. Manning though has vastly improved in being patient with the ball and taking the simple dumpoffs rather then forcing it to harrison or wayne.

One more thing it really would be great to have a receiving te like dallas clark.

I'd take Brady, throwing behind Arizon'a line, handing off to Houston's running backs, and throwing to the NY Giants' receivers (and Jacksonville's tight ends). As long as you have Brady, you can get to the Super Bowl w/ this group.

Peyton Manning

Marsha Brady

Drew Brees

Big Ben

Michael Vick

Personally after the SB last night, I think I would take Peyton over any of them.

Phillip Rivers. He's younger than them all (with the exception of Big Ben, who's the same age). He showed incredible poise for a QB playing his first full year. He wasn't the reason SD lost to NE. He looked like a veteran for much of the year, and yes, even during the NE game. I wish JP can show the same poise in 2007.

A few years ago I tended to think that Manning simply had a great 0-line. Then I started watching all of Indianapolis's games. He has AMAZING pocket presence. He knows exactly when to roll out of the pocket and buy a few more seconds. He RARELY gets blindsided, as he tends to feel the pressure coming. Case in point: The Colts first TD yesterday (the long pass to Wayne). The Colts line broke down, and Manning escaped a few would-be-sackers and threw a long TD while being hit.

As far as the original posters questions, I would really only want (at this point), one of two QB's on the team rather than Losman. Manning or Brady. And that choice would be extremely tough. They both have their upsides, but the way Manning has finally proven he is a leader, and one that can win a SB, I would have to pick Manning. I always considered Manning the better QB, and Brady the more natural winner. Now that the latter part is a little more even, I would have to take Manning. Nothing against Brady though. He (IMO) is still in the top 3 QB's today and a sure future HOF'er. Yet I like that Manning has an insanely strong arm. I like that Manning continues to impress his critics (I especially liked that he did it in the RAIN yesterday, instead of perfect weather).

The real question is....if you were starting an expansion team and can take 22 players (11 offense, 11 defense) which QB would you take to start your franchise in 2007. This comes from a discussion at a party here in the DC area where a Deadskin fan was all happy about the future of the Deadskins QB Jason Campbell. I said Campbell is like Losman...solid at this point in their careers but you would not start a franchise with them.

Let me give you some really interesting answers

RB - Reggie Bush (I would take LT myself)

WR - Chad Johnson (not a bad choice...probably some better, I would take Wayne).

QB - Tom Brady (this is where the question comes from). I think that Peyton did more with less this year.

The real question is....if you were starting an expansion team and can take 22 players (11 offense, 11 defense) which QB would you take to start your franchise in 2007. This comes from a discussion at a party here in the DC area where a Deadskin fan was all happy about the future of the Deadskins QB Jason Campbell. I said Campbell is like Losman...solid at this point in their careers but you would not start a franchise with them.

WR - Chad Johnson (not a bad choice...probably some better, I would take Wayne).

QB - Tom Brady (this is where the question comes from). I think that Peyton did more with less this year.

Did you guys discuss linemen?

Can't fault the Chad Johnson pick. The guy has great hands, runs solid routes, and has breakaway ability.

Brady? He's one of the top QBs in the game, so that's not too bad.

Bush over Tomlinson (he's not LT; that guy is retired)? Nah. Until Bush learns to run inside as well as he can outside, he's nowhere near the every-down threat that Tomlinson is.

Of course, I'd probably take @ least 2 OL and probably a couple defensive players before I'd even consider which skill player to take.

2nd that

why think about the others ??? JP is our man .

John Paul Losman will only get better. After watching all the playoff games it's great to know that our QB position will not be the one keeping us out of the show.He is playing better than all but a few off the playoff QBs. If he had the time throw that Brady and Manning usually have ,,, I shudder to think.Too bad its usually one,two , duck.

John Paul Losman will only get better. After watching all the playoff games it's great to know that our QB position will not be the one keeping us out of the show.He is playing better than all but a few off the playoff QBs. If he had the time throw that Brady and Manning usually have ,,, I shudder to think.Too bad its usually one,two , duck.

That begs the question to be asked... If what you say is the case, then there is the up side... The Bills will only get better... Or, shudder... Will JP be the "Archie Manning" of his day?

:rolleyes:

People are STILL putting Michael Vick into these kind of discussions?

Take Michael Vick out and insert the following name -- 6ft4 Vince Young -- who by the end of his career, could be the greatest African-American quarterback to ever play the game. The guy could be a rock star in this league.