Jim Kelly upholds tradition.

JinWPB

I watched the replay of Superbowl XXV this morning and it wasn't just the defense that was to blame for losing that first one. Jim Kelly should have called Thomas' number much more in the first half of that game (Kelly called his own plays). Thomas was unstoppable that day and it just irked me how well he ran in the second half knowing he rarely got his number called in the first 30 minutes. Secondly, Andre Reed dropped a couple of very easy passes in the second half on drives that resulted in no points scored. Passes that would have resulted in first downs. Thirdly, the no huddle offensnse was a double edged sword. Thomas had to take himself out (exhaustion) in the second half after lighting up the Giants defense on three consecutive carries of huge amounts of yardage. The Bills didn't get a first down after Thomas left that drive and the momentum came to a complete stop. The defense did not have a good day, but they pummled Hostetler all day long. It's amazing he did not turn the ball over via fumble or interception. I can't even remember the last time I saw a QB get his ass kicked that badly and finish the game. On Norwoods kick they showed a replay of the Giants reaction and Hostetler was on one knee and didn't even move when the kick sailed wide right. That shows right there you how badly he was hurting. It was a team loss...offense, defense and special teams.

Leon Seals said to me he was amazed Jeff got up after he drove him into the ground with" everything he had"

and I agree Gomer should have used Thurman more in the second half, oh well.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will never !@#$ around on a girlfriend-let alone a wife. I have names for you who Jim !@#$ed around with but do not want to incrimiate the girls. You take the oath, you honor the oath! Not only does Jim not honor the oath- he is not discreet. I dont care how much he raised for charity- I call a spade a spade. Just raising $ for charity does not give you the right to !@#$ around on your wife and thats a fact Jack!

I watched the replay of Superbowl XXV this morning and it wasn't just the defense that was to blame for losing that first one. Jim Kelly should have called Thomas' number much more in the first half of that game (Kelly called his own plays). Thomas was unstoppable that day and it just irked me how well he ran in the second half knowing he rarely got his number called in the first 30 minutes. Secondly, Andre Reed dropped a couple of very easy passes in the second half on drives that resulted in no points scored. Passes that would have resulted in first downs. Thirdly, the no huddle offensnse was a double edged sword. Thomas had to take himself out (exhaustion) in the second half after lighting up the Giants defense on three consecutive carries of huge amounts of yardage. The Bills didn't get a first down after Thomas left that drive and the momentum came to a complete stop. The defense did not have a good day, but they pummled Hostetler all day long. It's amazing he did not turn the ball over via fumble or interception. I can't even remember the last time I saw a QB get his ass kicked that badly and finish the game. On Norwoods kick they showed a replay of the Giants reaction and Hostetler was on one knee and didn't even move when the kick sailed wide right. That shows right there you how badly he was hurting. It was a team loss...offense, defense and special teams.

I agree. It was a complete team loss. But the original post was about Kelly and basically how he lost ups the game because he was drunk or something. I was just stating that there was plenty of blame to go around for that loss. But yeah, TT should have lugged the rock a lot more than he did that night.

I agree. It was a complete team loss. But the original post was about Kelly and basically how he lost ups the game because he was drunk or something. I was just stating that there was plenty of blame to go around for that loss. But yeah, TT should have lugged the rock a lot more than he did that night.

I have refrained from posting about that game, but did just watch that full replay. Ya know what irked me the most? Afetr the Giants failed third down run to force the punt at the end of the game, I would say at least 8 seconds came off the clock before the Bills called timeout. Man, how sweet would it have been if we had 16 seconds left after Turmans run instaed of 8.

And what killed me is even after all these years, I was yelling at Kelly to run the dam ball and slow the pace, the D needed some rest!!

BTW, who the hell cares if Jimbo is out partying at the SuperBowl in 2007.

According to todays Palm Beach Post ,Jimbo was pretty loaded last night, partying to the wee hours in a Miami nightclub. Getin down on the dance floor with several partially clad women. Ahhh wonder where Jill was?

Always wondered how we would have done if Marv had locked them in their rooms.

I don't know if this made the Buffalo Media, but here in O.P. people are talking about it as poor taste on Jim's part. Most of us in O.P. know of the "Polished Ones" history.

I think the point we're trying to make is; If Lord Jim hadn't been such a lush ( as public knowledge seems to indicate ) i.e. using the golf cart to transport the offense down to the local watering hole in training camp and partying till morning of kickoff at the big show we 'd probably have four lombardi 's...

He keeps gyrating with those South Florida girls he'll be raising money for "Crabs disease" and other STD's yet unknown

The epitome of Pathetic. You're an ass.

Maybe an ass , but not a DUMB ASS. Oh ,sorry I'll be nice.

I would never want it thought Jim wasn't a great QB,or diminish what he did and meant to the team and the fans. Point I'm thinking about is when you are a professional, being paid millions and what we do affects the lives of countless others you need to hold to a higher standard. That ideal applys not just to Jim, and not just to football players.

I find it somewhat disheartening that todays society accepts almost good enough, trying pretty hard,or anything less than a 100% totally dedicated, focused effort as something to be proud of. Some people may say "Heh , your personel life is your own, who cares what you do on your own time." Seems to me that is an attitude which only goes down one road.

So if we only want second best, an o.k. performance, a legacy of what ifs, well then by all means

" LETS PARTY TILL WE P---!

By the way , you're not a neurosurgeon are you?

Maybe an ass , but not a DUMB ASS. Oh ,sorry I'll be nice.

I would never want it thought Jim wasn't a great QB,or diminish what he did and meant to the team and the fans.

Then don't.

Point I'm thinking about is when you are a professional, being paid millions and what we do affects the lives of countless others you need to hold to a higher standard. That ideal applys not just to Jim, and not just to football players.
Why? These guys are entertainers, not role models. Anyone who sees differently needs to have their priorities re-examined.

I find it somewhat disheartening that todays society accepts almost good enough, trying pretty hard,or anything less than a 100% totally dedicated, focused effort as something to be proud of. Some people may say "Heh , your personel life is your own, who cares what you do on your own time." Seems to me that is an attitude which only goes down one road.

Which is? Jim was totally dedicated to the team and his on-field performance. Off the field is...sorry, none of your business. You may want to know, due to idle celeb-worship, but it is truly none of your business.

Then don't.

(Why? These guys are entertainers, not role models. Anyone who sees differently needs to have their priorities re-examined.

Which is? Jim was totally dedicated to the team and his on-field performance. Off the field is...sorry, none of your business. You may want to know, due to idle celeb-worship, but it is truly none of your business.)

Your reply only reflects exactly the apathy that people have today about the people and world around them. Yea it does matter what people do in their private lives if it affects others. Entertainers like it or not are role models for our youth. ( role; the attention to duty expected of a person.)Professional ateletes are more than entertainers, especially when the team represents the hopes and aspirations of its hometown fans who plunk down $$$$ for tickets, jerseys and new stadiums.

When the effort and results of their efforts are less than 100% because of what they are up to off the field. They are shortchanging the fans, their team, and the sport.

It's ok to show up for work if you can only do a half-assed job because you got loaded last night or whatever ?

Professional ateletes are more than entertainers, especially when the team represents the hopes and aspirations of its hometown fans who plunk down $$$$ for tickets, jerseys and new stadiums.

When the effort and results of their efforts are less than 100% because of what they are up to off the field. They are shortchanging the fans, their team, and the sport.

It's ok to show up for work if you can only do a half-assed job because you got loaded last night or whatever ?

And you know that Kelly gave less than 100% on the field how?

I would be the first to say Jim Kelly gave 100% on most every down as a Bill. That being said,

which player achieves greater success; 100% of a rested,dedicated pro, who puts the game first during the season, or the best of a very talented player with great natural abilities who could have done more? I submit that world class athletes who are truely striving to reach the pinnacle of their sport do not spend their evenings at the local tavern and certainly not the evening before their greatest challenge.

Which player would you want on your team, taking up a roster spot,being the example and leader for the other players,with the hopes and aspirations of so many riding on his performance?

If thats too much to ask of someone being paid tens of millions to play a "game" tell me why.

Oh, please stop the JK adoration...The guy was a HOFer QB - no doubt. But to hint that he did everything he could to win *our* team a SB is just assinine. You want to talk dedication and preparation for the biggest game of your career let alone your season? The poster boy for those particular values just won the Lombardi last night...Peter King's article today talks about that:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writ...bowl/index.html

Jim's Ego was second to none. The guy was a tough SOB, gunslinger and improviser. It worked great during the regular season but he was not a cerebral stragegist who prepped meticulously and could keep his cool when the chips were down on the biggest football stage.

You think that 90s team would have kept it's (QB's and by extension)collective cool when Hester ran the opening kickoff back? I think not.

You think that 90s QB would have seen that running the ball in that typhoon till your RBs legs fell off was the best strategy? Think not...

And the list goes on...Sure the D and the coaching were culpable too...But the truth is Teddy and Marv should have taken the reins back for those big games from Jim. Maybe not publicly. But certainly subtlely, I think his adrenaline got the better of him and someone else calling the shots would have benefitted all parties...

Charles

link from Palm Beach Post or just someone who who knows someone who thought they saw this.

Here's the link: http://www.palmbeachpost.com/search/conten...e_col_0203.html

EXTRA POINTS ...

... Former Buffalo Bills and U. of Miami QB Jim Kelly, visibly feeling very little pain, was bumping 'n' grinding wildly with three barely dressed women Thursday night on the dance floor of Automatic Slims in Miami Beach, while the nerdy former Dolphins QB Jay Fiedler egged him on with: "Go, Jimmy! Go, Jimmy! Go!" ...

Oh my, you guys are absolutely right!! How could I have been so blind, if we had just made Reich the starter, we would have won 4 or more Super Bowls. How collosally stupid of me to overlook the fact that Jim Kelly is to be chiefly blamed for our Super Bowl failures.

:rolleyes:

Oh my, you guys are absolutely right!! How could I have been so blind, if we had just made Reich the starter, we would have won 4 or more Super Bowls. How collosally stupid of me to overlook the fact that Jim Kelly is to be chiefly blamed for our Super Bowl failures.

:rolleyes:

To be sure it was not just Jim, I highly doubt he went partying alone, but are you not a little curious how a team with perhaps a dozen present or future HOF players lost to teams QB'd by Jeff and Mark whats their name, a career backup who had started 2 games and a guy who made a career out of one good season.

who could have done more?

You, me and everyone on TSW will never know the answer to that.

In the week leading up to SB XXVI in Minneapolis, the Bills--and Jimbo--were like monks, doing everything possible to stay away from partying and getting distracted. Their game performance, if anything was even worse than in XXV, as they were too hyped up / not relaxed enough (with Andre's helmet toss one highly visible example). SB XXVII and XXVIII were not high on the party meter either, IIRC.

Barstool psychology sounds great in a bar...but not many other places.

According to todays Palm Beach Post ,Jimbo was pretty loaded last night, partying to the wee hours in a Miami nightclub. Getin down on the dance floor with several partially clad women. Ahhh wonder where Jill was?

Always wondered how we would have done if Marv had locked them in their rooms.

Then I guess it's a pretty safe bet that he has absolutely no political aspirations any more (if he ever did - I remember hearing some rumors that some officials from the local Reblican political party in WNY were trying to get him to run for some office or other ... can't remember if it was a county post, or state-wide?)

GO BILLS!