Could the Bills get Asante Samuel from the Patriots?

That is a big no.

The facts are in: Buffalo is becoming the Oakland A's of the NFL, in a money sense...again, not completely at that level yet, but becoming.

Success will have to come from the draft and good, solid, low budget moves, plus good coaching.

Success can happen for Buffalo, but it will be tough, and it will get tougher as the new CBA rewards the big boys more and more.

That is a big no.

The facts are in: Buffalo is becoming the Oakland A's of the NFL, in a money sense...again, not completely at that level yet, but becoming.

Success will have to come from the draft and good, solid, low budget moves, plus good coaching.

Success can happen for Buffalo, but it will be tough, and it will get tougher as the new CBA rewards the big boys more and more.

I fully agree, but I also think that Ralph has/makes enough money to sign at least 1 big time free agent.

Btw, based on what you said wrt draft picks, do you favor trading down in principle?

NO ITS NOT POSSIBLE because assante samuels can still play! we are only allowed to sign washed up overpriced ex patriots that bill belechek can't use anymore.aka lawyer milloy lol loloh wait that was the td regime maybe marv can sign assante.i would still rather sign our own players though i say sign nate.go bills in"07

Makes no sense! If you target Samuel in the FA market you may aswell keep Clements whos used to playing with this defense. To me it makes ZERO sense. Although, If Clements walked Id love to get Samuel dont get me wrong........

It just dont make sense to let Clements walk if they want to sign Samuel in place of him.

I have a gut feeling after that Colts game Samuel's price tag has gone up a few more pennies. Being a stud in the regular season is one thing but shutting down Marvin Harrison in the AFC Championship game and picking of Peyton Manning and taking it to the house for a TD is another......

I think both Clements and Samuel will leave their respective teams, but I could see Samuel getting more money due to more INT's....I think Clements is slightly better then Samuel. They are close in talent though.

If Samuel signs first thats about what Clements is going to get.

Only if Samuel takes a lot less money. Here is the problem: the Redskins really, really want Nate. They will pay a lot for him, too, so we would have to hope Samuel does not want that much. Even though, I think he will. The 'Skins like our D players more than Tom Brady likes dating super models — and that's a lot.

explain why we would be able to sign Samuels and not Clements? theyre both going to get about the same money. maybe even more for Samuels.

It's all about value. For the same or similar money, Samuel is an upgrade from Clements. He makes big plays at critical moments and rarely takes dumb penalties. Would be an excellent signing, but I truly think the target area needs to be the DL and LB. Then the Oline. :(

Only if Samuel takes a lot less money. Here is the problem: the Redskins really, really want Nate.

What, beyond speculation, is there to confirm this? They had Champ Bailey, for crying out loud. I'm not saying they won't make an offer, and a big one, to Nate. But there is no real evidence. It's all hearsay at this point.