After Much Thought....

If I were GM of the Buffalo Bills, I would accept a 2nd round pick and move on. If there was a RB that I truly thought would be there in the draft, I would might even take a 3rd.

The "Toronto" comments didn't influence this decision at all. The vomiting, dancing, short career of running backs, and injury history are what made up my mind.

I think that another 2nd would be a fair deal. It (imo) would be quite possible due to the fact that many teams will have lots of cap room with the new CBA. We could also pick up another 2nd by trading down 5 to 7 spots in round 1.

An interesting spring awaits us. :w00t:

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some team would pay a first rounder for him, I think. He is a instant number-one back. Here is the logic: is a player you are going to pay a first round pick for better than what is in the draft? In the case of the Giants, very possible. I would like to keep the RB postion cheap and with many different options. You do not need a stud RB from college, but a guy who can run in the league. I rather spend money on improving the O-line.

Wow, Im surprised you feel that way, Bill.

I honestly don't know what to make of this guy anymore. I've mentioned on here before that a psychic back in the early 90's told me that one day the Bills would be the "Toronto-Buffalo Bills", cause she had a vision of the standings in the newspaper where the Bills were listed as "Tor/Buff"...so I guess part of me thinks Toronto will be in the picture someday anyway....but for your 'star' RB to be saying stuff like that isn't cool. I hate to say it, but if he had the heart and work ethic of a Travis Henry, he'd be a helluva player! :thumbsup:

Some team would pay a first rounder for him, I think. He is a instant number-one back. Here is the logic: is a player you are going to pay a first round pick for better than what is in the draft? In the case of the Giants, very possible. I would like to keep the RB postion cheap and with many different options. You do not need a stud RB from college, but a guy who can run in the league. I rather spend money on improving the O-line.

Trading for him also means trading for his contract. That's where his value diminishes.

Wow, Im surprised you feel that way, Bill.

I honestly don't know what to make of this guy anymore. I've mentioned on here before that a psychic back in the early 90's told me that one day the Bills would be the "Toronto-Buffalo Bills", cause she had a vision of the standings in the newspaper where the Bills were listed as "Tor/Buff"...so I guess part of me thinks Toronto will be in the picture someday anyway....but for your 'star' RB to be saying stuff like that isn't cool. I hate to say it, but if he had the heart and work ethic of a Travis Henry, he'd be a helluva player! :devil:

:thumbsup: Honestly when I saw McGahee's comments it made me think of that post I just couldn't remember who said it.

:thumbsup: Honestly when I saw McGahee's comments it made me think of that post I just couldn't remember who said it.

lol, yeah I've mentioned it a few times, but nobody ever pays it any mind....I take psychics with a grain of salt, but this lady was good! It won't surprise me at all if it actually happens.

Trading for him also means trading for his contract. That's where his value diminishes.

He's been worth every penny of his contract. He's still not slated to make 1 million next year.

Why would his contract diminish his value? Or are you talking about his new contract he's reportedly wanting?

He's been worth every penny of his contract. He's still not slated to make 1 million next year.

Why would his contract diminish his value? Or are you talking about his new contract he's reportedly wanting?

New contract. For you and MadBuf. One year remaining. Rosen "hose". Self deluded to his skills. Moral questions. Dumb azz interviews. Mediocre production. Nobody would be more excited than me to get some serious value for him but I just don't think that it is likely.

I wouldn't want to have to make this decision if it comes to this, but I don't think a trade scenario will ever be realistic. For us to get a first day pick for Willis--the new team has to agree to an extension with Rosenhaus..then I think a lower half second or upper half third is possible. The new team will be basically trading for 4 or 5 years more of play that could all be crushed on one play with a guy who has had a serious injury to both knees. I just don't think this this is realistic...

I have a feeling we will keep #21--he will have a good/great year--we will let him go next year for nothing and then he will be somebody else's....With all the parternity issues -- I hope he does well in FA for the sake of all his kids and their mothers..

Honestly, I don't know if anyone would give up a 2nd rounder for Willis at this point in his carreer.

In another year I would agree. This year there is a very small UFA group in terms of talent at virtually every position, and it is rapidly diminishing (check out the contracts forGeathers and Gonzalez).

This leaves trades and the draft as the only other methods to build a football team, unless one is to count on an undrafted free agent tight end to step up and become a prominent NFL Left Tackle. :thumbsup:

The Bills might be in good very shape next season, if we can jump off of the 1st round defensive back merry go-round which produces little besides lost football games.

In another year I would agree. This year there is a very small UFA group in terms of talent at virtually every position, and it is rapidly diminishing (check out the contracts forGeathers and Gonzalez).

This leaves trades and the draft as the only other methods to build a football team, unless one is to count on an undrafted free agent tight end to step up and become a prominent NFL Left Tackle. :thumbsup:

The Bills might be in good very shape next season, if we can jump off of the 1st round defensive back merry go-round which produces little besides lost football games.

I know. Look how many games clements and whitner have single handedly lost for us. If we hadnt drafted them, we'd have probably only lost about 4 games total in the last 6 years.

If Willis is good enough to get the Bills a 1st or a second, why are they dealing him?

Exactly. Does anybody think another team is going to approach the Bills over Willis? Or that the Bills actively shop him? Neither is going to happen.

If I were GM of the Buffalo Bills, I would accept a 2nd round pick and move on. If there was a RB that I truly thought would be there in the draft, I would might even take a 3rd.

The "Toronto" comments didn't influence this decision at all. The vomiting, dancing, short career of running backs, and injury history are what made up my mind.

I think that another 2nd would be a fair deal. It (imo) would be quite possible due to the fact that many teams will have lots of cap room with the new CBA. We could also pick up another 2nd by trading down 5 to 7 spots in round 1.

An interesting spring awaits us. :thumbsup:

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barring further developments, I'd keep him in hope that this will finally be a playoff year. The future is NOW for this team and I wouldn't sacrifice another season for draft picks or money saved like they did trading Peerless Price or letting Pat Williams walk. Might work for a proven winner, like NE, but not here, on a team trying to shake off a long playoff drought. And I think most of us agree that the Bills have bigger needs to address on the lines and with their own free agents to have to spend $ on a FA RB like Michael Turner or use a high pick to address RB in a RB weak draft.

The 2008 draft will be maybe the deepest RB draft ever, coinciding with McGahee's free agency. With so many quality backs available to draft, McGahee is going to have to be coming off a very good season to even sniff a top RB contract from a needy team. IMO, the factors are all in place to force McGahee to grow up. Imagine the Bills actually having the upper hand on McGahee, instead of having to cater to his "whatever" attitude like they've had to do the past two seasons. If he doesn't grow up, let him walk next year and draft his replacement.

If Willis is good enough to get the Bills a 1st or a second, why are they dealing him?

Answering your question - lets say Detroit wants a QB and a RB- they have to use their first pick on a QB and they don't think any of the RB's they really like will be there when pick in round 2 - while the Bills think they can upgrade their offense with Marshawn Lynch and think a player they want will go early in the 2nd round - Detroit want Willis but thinks their 2nd rounder is a little much - so the Bills offer their 3rd too - Bills are happy cause they think Lynch is an upgrade, and get their targeted player say Zach Miller, or Patrick Willis- Detroits happy because they get their franchise QB, an nfl proven RB and an extra 3rd pick.- see everyones happy at least until the season starts