It's redundant to say Americans are ignorant...

TPS

In fairness, I don't have a clue what John Howard looks like. I probably could come up with a few U's, though.

(ps, did you really mean to start a thread on the US educational system?)

Yeah yeah yeah....the US is all dumb and the rest of the world is sooooooooooooo smart.

bull sh--.

Ill give you an example....Have you seen what most of the rest of the world watches on TV?

Basically, its "I Love New York" and goes DOWN from there.

Yeah yeah yeah....the US is all dumb and the rest of the world is sooooooooooooo smart.

bull sh--.

Ill give you an example....Have you seen what most of the rest of the world watches on TV?

Basically, its "I Love New York" and goes DOWN from there.

I certainly didn't expect the standard, "but the other guy's worse" argument here...

:pirate:

I always explain to Europeons that there are 300 million Americans. Yes we have lots of ignorant types but we have every type. Some of the smartest people in the world are Americans. You cannot paint Americans with a broad stroke

I always explain to Europeons that there are 300 million Americans. Yes we have lots of ignorant types but we have every type. Some of the smartest people in the world are Americans. You cannot paint Americans with a broad stroke

When it is possible, I think I'll invest in Sherwin Williams - 300 Million gallons of paint would send that stock soaring.

Yes, I forgot, we do have DC Monkey Jumper. :bag:

Who knows, but I usually of the belief that the morons on the Leno show are trying to act dumb so they'll be on TeeVee; if they answer correctly, they won't be on prime time, so they give the host what they want.

Also, there's the rule where 99% of people lose all ability to think when there's a camera around. Their inner monologue switches to 'Oh my God, I'm on television! Try not to look stupid, Gordie! Suck in those cheeks and the gut!' Most people turn into morons just with a photographic camera; multiply it by 10,000 with video.

Then again, some people are that dumb.

Who knows, but I usually of the belief that the morons on the Leno show are trying to act dumb so they'll be on TeeVee; if they answer correctly, they won't be on prime time, so they give the host what they want.

Also, there's the rule where 99% of people lose all ability to think when there's a camera around. Their inner monologue switches to 'Oh my God, I'm on television! Try not to look stupid, Gordie! Suck in those cheeks and the gut!' Most people turn into morons just with a photographic camera; multiply it by 10,000 with video.

Thats a good point.

Is this what we're down to on PPP? Videos ripping off Jay Leno bits? Pathetic...even for TPS! :bag:

As if the backwoods dopes in the UK or Australia or any other country on the planet are any smarter than the average dope in the US.

I don't understand. Why would you need to explain that to Europeans? Since every one of them is a genius and an expert on global policy, why would they require any explaination that a country that is 10 times bigger than theirs probably has 10 times as much diversity of its people?

And these people vote, most of them driven by what they see and hear in the headlines and twenty second sound bites they're fed by the media. Well done New York Times and CNN, and a hat-tip to Vinny Barbarino - who made being stupid Kool!

Thank God Mad Magazine is still being published. It's the last bastion of integrity in the media.

Is this what we're down to on PPP? Videos ripping off Jay Leno bits? Pathetic...even for TPS! :blink:

As if the backwoods dopes in the UK or Australia or any other country on the planet are any smarter than the average dope in the US.

There is a difference: if we're going to try and police the world's affairs, then we ought take a greater interest in the world's affairs, don't you think?

There is a difference: if we're going to try and police the world's affairs, then we ought take a greater interest in the world's affairs, don't you think?

But the video didn't interview anyone who is involved in policing the world's affairs. They interviewed a bunch of backwater nobodys.

Although I know nothing about this particular interview, I do know a lot about television information. Your post displays a massive amount of ignorance on your part.

If you develop an open mind, which would of course first involve developing a mind of any variety, please check back and I can fill you in.

Until then, stop commenting on this topic. In the long run you'll be ashamed of how dumb you look.

I would like to take this opportunity and once again promote the wonderful "I love New York" television program.

How can ANY of us not enjoy a program that makes "Flava of Love" look like "Nightline"???!!!!???

My wife watches that god-damned show.

It's no wonder I don't watch any TV.