Electric or blade?

Fezmid

I'm thinking about buying an electric shaver but was wondering what other people thought of them. I've been using the Gilette Mach3 for years and like it, but the electric sounds cool to save money on blades/gel, as well as the fact that it's supposed to be a bit quicker.

I'm thinking of something like this:

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...Y-PLST-0-SEARCH

Thoughts?

CW

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking about buying an electric shaver but was wondering what other people thought of them. I've been using the Gilette Mach3 for years and like it, but the electric sounds cool to save money on blades/gel, as well as the fact that it's supposed to be a bit quicker.

Thoughts?

CW

I've tried electrics before and they always make my face hurt. I've tried the $20 models and the $100 models. I just gave up and stuck with the blade.

(I'm that way with contacts, too - just gave up and stuck with the glasses)

Try the new Fusion razor..

Electric is OK, but you have to replace the cutters on an annual basis.

I'd stick with the blade

Blades all the way. I have managed to rack together a 2 bladed Sensor with a 3 bladed Mach3 with a 5 bladed Fusion for one smooth shave.

Thoughts?

CW

Yes..the Braun 360 is THE best!! I will never use a razor again! Worth the money and is as close as a razor shave! You WONT regret it!

Yes..the Braun 360 is THE best!! I will never use a razor again! Worth the money and is as close as a razor shave! You WONT regret it!

Agreed! I just got one for christmas and works very well, also comes with a battery operated one that I keep in my desk drawer here at work. I have yet to try the cleaner thingy yet though.

Try the new Fusion razor..

Electric is OK, but you have to replace the cutters on an annual basis.

I'd stick with the blade

FUSION! They sent me a free one in the mail about a year ago, I've never used anything else since.

Never found an electric that was close enough for the full-time morning shave. Like someone else mentioned, I do have the battery powered electric in the desk drawer at work, in case I need to be proper for a late meeting or business dinner or a nice event out with the lady friend.

I use a Braun as well for my daily shaving....If I'm going out or to a wedding or something I like to use a blade (Mach 3) A lot of times I use my electric shaver and have to use a blade to get a few hairs it just doen't get. It just so conveniant to use an electric. Blades make do more work and I'm lazy by nature. Have you considerd waxing?

I use electric. I kinda have a baby face, so my "5 o'clock shadow" is more like 5 the next morning.

But, I think most people try electric and don't like it, so they give up right away. You _need_ to use the electric every day for at least a month for your face to get used to it. Once you do, then you'll be happy, and its way less messy.

I use this stuff after shaving: http://www.neutrogena.com/men/MenDetails_1...roductLineID=10

Give it a shot.

far and away the blade. i've had my mach 3 for years and love it. The electric just doesnt get the job done. doesnt get close enough and it can be irritating. As someone said above, i've tried both the $20 electric and the 100+ electric, and found not much difference. I'll stick with the blade.

I've a cheap electric with a trimmer for back of neck and evening sideburns. Otherwise, blade.

Currently using a pink-handled "Lady" Schick Quattro... :thumbsup:

I bought 2 of those Christmas gift-packs, because at ten bucks for the handle and six quattro cartridges it was only a dollar more than a four-pack of quattro blades. It also included a wood foot massage roller and a manicure kit, which I put into the Goodwill bag.