What ever shall I talk about today?

buckeyemike

Oh. Right.

:thumbsup:

:blink:

:wallbash:

In all seriousness, Ohio State got clobbered in every possible way. Is it a case of resting on their laurels, or losing Ginn in the first quarter? No, I think Florida was simply the better team last night. The Buckeyes were outcoached, outplayed, out-run, and just flat out lost...badly.

And Ginn would NOT have made much of a difference...the margin probably would have been 20 rather than 27.

I was at a friend's house watching the game on his big-screen TV. Late in the second quarter, we turned on wrestling on USA. Fortunately, I missed Troy Smith's sack and fumble. I left at halftime, partly because I was so disgusted with the game, and partly because I was very tired and almost fell asleep in my friend's recliner.

When I got home, I had a beer (an O'Doul's, since the real stuff is probably not good for my tummy in such a situation) and fell asleep in my own recliner. When I woke up at 1:00 AM, all the festivities were over and "Seinfeld" was on.

Ohio State got royally B word-slapped. It's that simple. I have to go to Columbus on Friday morning for court, and I'm sure people down there will still be in a foul mood.

This is the biggest win by an underdog team since the Patriots beat the Rams in the Super Bowl.

The only people in Ohio happy today are Michigan fans and the city of Ashtabula, 130 miles SW of Buffalo...Urban Meyer's hometown (yes, both coaches in last night's game are from Northeast Ohio).

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohio State ran into a buzz saw thats all. Florida Gators are a good team with great athletes. You have nothing to be ashamed about. Not many team have beat the #2 ranked team twice in the same season as the buckeyes did.

Are the buckeyes losing alot of players from this years team other then Ginn Jr & Smith?

Ohio State ran into a buzz saw thats all. Florida Gators are a good team with great athletes. You have nothing to be ashamed about. Not many team have beat the #2 ranked team twice in the same season as the buckeyes did.

Are the buckeyes losing alot of players from this years team other then Ginn Jr & Smith?

I'm not sure who else the Buckeyes lose at this point. Ginn will declare (hopefully his foot is OK).

One thing that is on the bright side here: there has been a LOT of talk among Browns fans about taking Troy Smith with the third pick in the draft. Where are those Mensas this morning?

I'm not sure who else the Buckeyes lose at this point. Ginn will declare (hopefully his foot is OK).

One thing that is on the bright side here: there has been a LOT of talk among Browns fans about taking Troy Smith with the third pick in the draft. Where are those Mensas this morning?

I was sold before on Troy Smith being a viable NFL QB--not sure about that anymore. His stock probably dropped considerably after last night--maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder now.

I still think we have the athletes to compete with Florida. IMHO, it was just poor coaching and poor execution.

You have to love Ginn getting during the celebration...fantastic.

You know, I still think having a month or more off before the BCS title game really hurts teams that are on a roll. I do think it hurt Ohio St to a point.

I could see a 2 week layoff but more then a month before you play the game is dumb. Not sure if it would have changed the outcome but it very well could have....

Smith was flat out bad last night. But I also think Tressel deserves a lot of blame...there were no visible adjustments at halftime, he seemed content to watch Smith in the 7 step drop run backwards 10 yards and get sacked, constantly.

Why do you say Michigan fans are happy? I know quite a few, and they are pretty ticked at OSU, cause this really sucks for the big ten.

I still think we have the athletes to compete with Florida. IMHO, it was just poor coaching and poor execution.

You have to love Ginn getting during the celebration...fantastic.

The Big 10 does not compare with th SEC and this is coming from an ACC fan. You guys do not have the top tier teams week in and week out. That is what hurt you. Michigan is not that good USC proved that theory, you guys just dont have the athletes to compete woth the SEC. Its a hard pill to swallow but its a fact.

Smith was flat out bad last night. But I also think Tressel deserves a lot of blame...there were no visible adjustments at halftime, he seemed content to watch Smith in the 7 step drop run backwards 10 yards and get sacked, constantly.

Why do you say Michigan fans are happy? I know quite a few, and they are pretty ticked at OSU, cause this really sucks for the big ten.

For no other reason than most of the Michigan fans I've known love it when Ohio State goes down.

The feeling has been mutual, but you're right, it is pretty silly and it does suck for the conference.

I was sold before on Troy Smith being a viable NFL QB--not sure about that anymore. His stock probably dropped considerably after last night--maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder now.

I think that is insane. One game does not make or break a career....Troy Smith will be a very successful QB in the NFL.

For no other reason than most of the Michigan fans I've known love it when Ohio State goes down.

The feeling has been mutual, but you're right, it is pretty silly and it does suck for the conference.

I like the fact that the OSU band played the theme song of the movie "Titanic" :thumbsup:

I forgot to say this:

Congratulations to the Boise State Broncos. They deserve to be National Champions.

fixed your post mike.

seminole nation is almost as devastated as buckeye nation. It might be worse, because those ass jockeys from gainesville now hold the NCAAFB and NCAABB championships.

It could be worse tho. My boss, before taking his job here at FSU, got his degree and worked at The Ohio St University. He's not happy today.

The Big 10 does not compare with th SEC and this is coming from an ACC fan. You guys do not have the top tier teams week in and week out. That is what hurt you. Michigan is not that good USC proved that theory, you guys just dont have the athletes to compete woth the SEC. Its a hard pill to swallow but its a fact.

i totally disagree. more players from ohio state will be playing in the nfl than from florida, that's for sure.

i really think the reason they lost last night is that they were badly out-coached. i mean, it wasn't as if the florida receivers were outrunning the ohio state dbs, and the constant completions to wide open receivers in the middle of the field right at the first down marker wasn't a function of ohio state's lack of team speed. and the constant runs up the middle for 4-5 yards by trebow wasn't a function of bad interior defensive linemen and LBs for OSU.

also, giving up on the run early on and going for it on fourth down from your own 29 *in the freaking first half* were signs of panic.

Basically, OSU is a very fast team -- many of the top dbs in the league are from OSU, and they've also placed a number of very good wideouts in the nfl in the past 10 years.

by the way, troy smith was terrible last night -- it was a gino torreta-like performance. most of the sacks he took were his fault (he had time, but appeared, rob johnson-like, to be waiting for the big strike opportunity to present itself), and he constantly made staggeringly bad decisions. one game is one game, but all the same it was a big one against good competition and he looked utterly inept. there's no way i'd spend a first round pick on the guy. sure, he was missing his top receiver, but it's not as if OSU isn't loaded with other guys who can run and catch. there'll be another teddy ginn, next year, just as he's the next santonio holmes/david boston/terry glenn/chris carter etc. etc.

Did anybody here Troy Smith's post game comments? Very honorable and very impressive. "If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'm cool with that." That says a lot about him as a person I think, he realizes that it is just a game and a game that has provided him a lot. I think he has the tools and the brains to be successful at the next level. If he falls as a result of this game, I think a few years from now we'll be calling him a steal...

I'll give you that the SEC is tougher top to bottom, but I'd disagree with the breadth of your assessment. tOSU/scUM/PSU have and will always be able to match up against the top SEC teams.

This was one game; let's not stretch it too far.

I'll give you that the SEC is tougher top to bottom, but I'd disagree with the breadth of your assessment. tOSU/scUM/PSU have and will always be able to match up against the top SEC teams.

This was one game; let's not stretch it too far.

My point is the athletes are better. It just so happens that Meyer recruits great athletes and it makes me sick as a Seminole fan to watch it happen. But truth be told UF has the best athletes and will be there again next year, they give OSU and Mich. way too much credit. OSU is a very good team but they got exposed for what they are. As soon as Ginn went out that was the end of the deep threat and the double coverage. They were able to be alot more physical and pressure Smith, who I agree had an off night. The kid is a great QB and I hope he does well in the NFL.

Florida just a good team with great athletes??

It was all bad coaching by Tressel and bad preparation???

Um...how about a masterful job by Urban Meyer and the Florida staff? How about Florida's top schedule preparing this team for this kind of game?

The execution was flawless...Ohio State played zone almost the entire 1st half and Florida receivers kept finding the seams time and time again. Chris Leak was put in a position to succeed, great job by Meyer.

I know Meyer is cocky, but you know what. Would you rather have a nice coach for the Bills and go 8-8 or have a cocky SOB and win the Super Bowl? You decide.

I never got the sense all year OSU's defense was that great and it really showed last night.

Still great season by the Buckeyes, but man what complete and utter domination by Florida last night.

My point is the athletes are better. It just so happens that Meyer recruits great athletes and it makes me sick as a Seminole fan to watch it happen. But truth be told UF has the best athletes and will be there again next year, they give OSU and Mich. way too much credit. OSU is a very good team but they got exposed for what they are. As soon as Ginn went out that was the end of the deep threat and the double coverage. They were able to be alot more physical and pressure Smith, who I agree had an off night. The kid is a great QB and I hope he does well in the NFL.

like i said before, osu will put - and has put - more players in the pros in recent years than florida. meyer badly outcoached tressel.