PFW - Tim Anderson on way out

Buffalo

We hear that the fact that the Bills decided to make third-year DT Tim Anderson inactive in Week 17 is a strong indication that the team’s patience with its disappointing 2004 third-round pick has just about run out. Anderson came to Buffalo with a reputation as a high-motor guy whose wrestling background and size would make him a solid D-tackle at the pro level. However, he has never lived up to his draft standing, failing to serve as much of a run stuffer or to put much pressure on opposing quarterbacks. His lack of athleticism and flexibility also didn’t help his cause. Word is, what made Anderson’s lack of production stand out even more is the impressive play of rookie DT Kyle Williams, a fifth-round draft pick who has similar attributes to Anderson but who already has proven to be more effective and earned 11 starts in his first year.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+W...tm?mode=afceast

Also, there's this:

Though he wasn’t happy about it, we hear the reason why the Bills didn’t offer to extend MLB London Fletcher’s contract beyond this season is that they want to get bigger and younger in the middle. Also, we hear the Bills want a middle ’backer who makes more tackles at, or near, the line of scrimmage than the undersized Fletcher did.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+W...hispers2127.htm

Buffalo

We hear that the fact that the Bills decided to make third-year DT Tim Anderson inactive in Week 17 is a strong indication that the team’s patience with its disappointing 2004 third-round pick has just about run out. Anderson came to Buffalo with a reputation as a high-motor guy whose wrestling background and size would make him a solid D-tackle at the pro level. However, he has never lived up to his draft standing, failing to serve as much of a run stuffer or to put much pressure on opposing quarterbacks. His lack of athleticism and flexibility also didn’t help his cause. Word is, what made Anderson’s lack of production stand out even more is the impressive play of rookie DT Kyle Williams, a fifth-round draft pick who has similar attributes to Anderson but who already has proven to be more effective and earned 11 starts in his first year.

Also, there's this:

Though he wasn’t happy about it, we hear the reason why the Bills didn’t offer to extend MLB London Fletcher’s contract beyond this season is that they want to get bigger and younger in the middle. Also, we hear the Bills want a middle ’backer who makes more tackles at, or near, the line of scrimmage than the undersized Fletcher did.

A.) Nice (Thank God)

B.) Nice (I agree 100%) Although I liked Fletch.

This would be two big upgrades.

i wouldnt say that until we see who they find to fill their spots...

Anyone could fill Tim Anderson's spot. He is an absolute zero.

Fletcher.....well.....we could definately get worse there, but we could also get better.

it's obvious to fans on this board, but that's not the audience they're writing for.

but the point of it is that they are not hearing anything... they are just making educated guesses based upon a morsal of fact here and there.

Buffalo

Also, there's this:

But but but, he passed the Krumrie wrestling test, so that made him a good pick. Good bye Anderson and thank god Krumrie is no longer here. :pirate:

but the point of it is that they are not hearing anything... they are just making educated guesses based upon a morsal of fact here and there.

i dunno - when they write those sort-of-prediction bits, they generally end up coming true. I guess I think that PFW predicts it, it has become a fait accompli. And they're not just scanning the web for info -- Buchsbaum was legendary for being in with scouts across the league, and Hub Arkush is also pretty tight with league people. My point is that they get there news from more than just the local dailies - they actually talk to people on the team.

Just a thought, but maybe they could get bigger DTs to protect Fletcher so he can make more tackles near the line of scrimage.

When you don't have to double team either DT, it makes it easy to get out on the linebackers.

our NUMBER ONE need is not a MLB to make tackles at or near the line of scrimmage...It is a DEFENSIVE TACKLE who can make tackles at or behind the line of scrimmage. Hence we go for this year's NGATA or sign us a stud DT in Free agency. The other stuff will fall into place.

PFW is just being plain stupid. There are numerous reasons why a particular player may be deemed inactive for any given game. I don't see how they divine a strong indication of a cut...

he was a scratch because they thought jefferson was better against the run. they said as much afterwards. that doesn't bode too well for anderson -- the team knows he can't rush the passer, and now they think he's worse than a total scrub at stopping the run.

our NUMBER ONE need is not a MLB to make tackles at or near the line of scrimmage...It is a DEFENSIVE TACKLE who can make tackles at or behind the line of scrimmage. Hence we go for this year's NGATA or sign us a stud DT in Free agency. The other stuff will fall into place.

Fletcher has been overrated since he got here. Decent in pass coverage(although taller wideout would take advantage of him) but was a liability against the run. Watch Urhlacher this weekend, that is the type of guy you need. Trouble is there are not many guys like that out there. Im hearing alot of good things about this Thomas from Baltimore, I know he plays outside but one has to assume that is because they have Ray Lewis. I wouldnt be opposed to bringing Fletcher back as a last alternative, problem with that thinking is he will be long off the market by the time the bills are ready to negotiate. A nice stud DT would be an instant upgrade to the run defense. I would rather get that thru FA.

he was a scratch because they thought jefferson was better against the run. they said as much afterwards. that doesn't bode too well for anderson -- the team knows he can't rush the passer, and now they think he's worse than a total scrub at stopping the run.

Yep..he's likely gone.

But one always wonders how a higher pick will do, after a change of venue.

Before one bashes what Pro Football Weekly says- remember that they are big supporters of Levy and Jauron.

When the national media was bashing both them as being unspired hires(among other things)- Pro Football has written positvely about both of them.

When Donahoe was here you could count on Mort or Lenny P. to be consistently tipped off by the devil himself.

Anything Pro Football Weekly prints about the Bills now.....I consider to have possibly bounced off of Marv or Jauron.

Also....Pro Football Wekly is not a sensationalized rag of speculation....

so yes their tidbits are often conservative and tame- but at least they are not made up bull sh--.