PFW - Tim Anderson on way out

Fletcher has been overrated since he got here. Decent in pass coverage(although taller wideout would take advantage of him) but was a liability against the run. Watch Urhlacher this weekend, that is the type of guy you need. Trouble is there are not many guys like that out there. Im hearing alot of good things about this Thomas from Baltimore, I know he plays outside but one has to assume that is because they have Ray Lewis. I wouldnt be opposed to bringing Fletcher back as a last alternative, problem with that thinking is he will be long off the market by the time the bills are ready to negotiate. A nice stud DT would be an instant upgrade to the run defense. I would rather get that thru FA.

letcher is not overrated. The guy has been tops int he league in tackles since he heas been here. He is always around the ball.

letcher is not overrated. The guy has been tops int he league in tackles since he heas been here. He is always around the ball.

whatever. that is the most overrated statistic in the history of statistics.

london, you are a great guy, there's no doubt about it. good luck london in your new job. i hope it's in the division...preferably miami.

you are right.

too bad he is making the tackle 5-7 yards downfield.

Bills desperately need LBs that fill the holes near the line of scrimmage.

Fletcher is not that guy going forward.

Patrick Willis would be a big upgrade.

So, in the Cover 2, the MLB is supposed to cover the deep third of the field and make tackles at/behind the line of scrimmage? And they need to be a big guy, not a smaller/faster guy??

you have stumbled onto another weakness of the cover 2.

you need Superman (or Brian Urlacher) to play MLB.

The trade off is you can get by with less than elite CBs.

look for PAtrick Willis,

But but but, he passed the Krumrie wrestling test, so that made him a good pick. Good bye Anderson and thank god Krumrie is no longer here. :thumbdown:

LOL. Ahh, yes, the legendary Krumrie Wrasslin' Challenge, guaranteed to identify a top-flight player quicker than you can say "my leg just snapped in the Super Bowl."

Jiminy Christmas, I look back over the cast of characters leading this organization over the past 6-7 years and just shake my head. Thank God they seem to finally have a decent staff in place.

Just a few words to those of you critical of London Fletcher.

If I understand you, he sucks, but was OK when the Bills were the #2 ranked defense in the NFL 3 seasons ago?

Fletcher is extremely effective when protected. That's why Sam Adams was brought here to begin with... to team up with Pat Williams and clog the middle. Without a formidable tandem in the middle to protect the MLB, they all suck. Zach Thomas sucks when he doesn't have big boys in front of him, ditto Ray Lewis... when Siragusa retired and Sam Adams moved on in free agency, Ray Lewis wasn't nearly as effective, and what's more, he wore down and got injured. There ain't an MLB in the NFL that is effective without protection from a NG or pair of DTs...Even Urlacher would not be as effective as he is without the Tommy Harris/Ian Scott tandem.

So, give London his due. He left it all on the field. He was the spirit of that defense. He can't help the fact that the Bills hierarchy hung him out to dry by getting soft in the middle and leaving him to fend for himself. You're asking a small LB to take on 325 lb. linemen. That's not his strength. Mark my word, he will end up with a team that has beef in front of them... and he could play weak inside LB in a 3-4... and hopefully not along side Bruschi... that would be rubbing salt in the wound.

I agree London should move on. It's obvious he's not a good fit for what the coaching staff wants the defense to look like. That, and the fact he's on the wrong side of 30. But damn... he deserves a lot more respect than what he's getting from a lot of folks on this board... I mean Christ almighty... Less than stellar DTs in front of him, a pair of rookie safeties behind him, a rookie at LB to the right of him, and a one legged TKO on his left. Come on... it just ain't right to say goodbye to a warrior like him by saying he sucks and good riddance.