Reality TV

Mikie2times

I don't loath some of the original reality monsters like the new ones. The Survivors and American Idol type shows seem to have a place in reality land that’s different then the real world spin-offs. I also don't mind the shows that try to educate like Dog Whisperer or Flip That House. What I truly can't stand is the reality TV shows that tries to get people to envy the lives of the characters, or the ones that get viewers by having the most dysfunctional people or plot lines possible. It's mind boggling to me how any intelligent adult finds this crap interesting. Lots of people do though. So many that they keep spawning at a record paces. After a long day I don't want more reality, I especially don't want somebody else’s fake reality. If you feed the obsession I'm talking about please explain to me why, but before you do strike yourself in the head a few times with a blunt object.

I think a lot of people are attracted to it as a distraction from their own dysfunctional lives.

With a wife, two MILs, a son, three point five daughters, an SIL, and 5 grand kids I have enough drama already. :w00t:

Give me a beer and a book any day.

Hated it at first, now I watch a couple here and there.

Was shocked when watching The Surreal Life on VH1 and realized the blonde with the killer rack was Alexis freakin' Arquette. I had to pull an Ace Ventura in the shower after that one. :w00t:

American Idol, the nation's favorite amateur talent show, isn't bad; but I haven't watched more than 10 minutes of Survivor in the last six years. If I want to watch people eat bugs (which I don't), there's always Fear Factor.

At least the game shows (Deal or No Deal, 1 vs. 100) are very watchable, and in the case of Deal, verrrrry easy on the eyes, if you know what I mean. :lol:

Hated it at first, now I watch a couple here and there.

Was shocked when watching The Surreal Life on VH1 and realized the blonde with the killer rack was Alexis freakin' Arquette. I had to pull an Ace Ventura in the shower after that one. :w00t:

American Idol, the nation's favorite amateur talent show, isn't bad; but I haven't watched more than 10 minutes of Survivor in the last six years. If I want to watch people eat bugs (which I don't), there's always Fear Factor.

At least the game shows (Deal or No Deal, 1 vs. 100) are very watchable, and in the case of Deal, verrrrry easy on the eyes, if you know what I mean. :lol:

I like Big Brother because that blond girl last season was smokin' hot. Usually I find it obnoxious, though.

The book is to absorb the moisture from the bottle, preventing damage to the end table; basically a coaster with an eminence front!

I have a decent vocabulary, but what the heck does "eminence front" mean? I only ask because I love The Who's Eminence Front. Maybe I would like it even more if I knew what the heck it was refereeing to. :w00t:

I have a decent vocabulary, but what the heck does "eminence front" mean? I only ask because I love The Who's Eminence Front. Maybe I would like it even more if I knew what the heck it was refereeing to. :lol:

I do not know what it is "refereeing to". :w00t:

It's a put on, as the Who would say. A facade. In the song it is about people coming to the party dressed to kill. Everything must be fine because DAMN look at the dress on her! People hide behind their problems by covering them up with something impressive. Townsend was talking about the cocaine and glam of the early 80's that people used like spackle on a hole in the wall.

In the case of my book/beer bottle coaster, the book could be there just for show, as LA said - really just need the beer. "Damn Rockpile must be smart - he is reading a book!"

heh

<ding> gotta go!

Sports are the only reality programs that I've watched.

I must admit that the promo for Gay/Available/Taken looks interesting. I probably have the name wrong, but the chick has to decide between 3 guys, one available, one gay and one otherwise engaged.