Reality TV

Mikie2times

I do not know what it is "refereeing to". :w00t:

It's a put on, as the Who would say. A facade. In the song it is about people coming to the party dressed to kill. Everything must be fine because DAMN look at the dress on her! People hide behind their problems by covering them up with something impressive. Townsend was talking about the cocaine and glam of the early 80's that people used like spackle on a hole in the wall.

In the case of my book/beer bottle coaster, the book could be there just for show, as LA said - really just need the beer. "Damn Rockpile must be smart - he is reading a book!"

heh

<ding> gotta go!

:lol: thanks for the explanation. Love that song. My Mom's an English teacher which left me with a decent vocabulary. It also let me to skate threw life without ever spell checking my own work... At 24 I'm finally now getting my there, they're, their. :lol:

I used to loathe all of them but in the last year or so my wife has talked me into watching some. A couple have stuck with me and I find entertaining. I really enjoy "The Amazing Race". Interesting to see other countries. Most places I'll probably never see. I also still like the "Apprentice" Trump is good and I cant wait until the LA version this weekend because his hot daughter Ivanka is now a regular.

Also, Ive ran accross "Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares" on BBCA. Not a full blown reality show but close. Not sure if any of you are familiar with Gordon Ramsey but he is entertaining. A foul mouthed chef from Britain.

Reality tv like all tv comes in many forms. Most of which is just unwatchable. I generally watch The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor but the latter is becoming really boring as it seems to be the same thing year in and year out and down right predictable. The truth is most reality program is as fake as the other shows on the air too. As it seem to be a haven for wannabe actors and or people looking out for their best interests and nothing more. I just watch it to see how desperate and pitiful some of them are. I mean the part of American Idol I enjoy the most is to see the characters who can't sing more then the actual competition. As while maybe one or two may really think they can sing I think most just go on the show in hopes to be the next William Hung.

I barely watch any non-sports TV at all. I don't consider any of them "reality" shows, because people act completely different if they know they have an audience.

What would be the best show of all:

Put a bunch of people in a house and make them live together. But DON"T tell them there are cameras. Now THAT would be reality....

Hate it but my guilty pleasure is Top Chef.

I think I lied earlier when I said I don't watch the stuff. I've seen Top Chef a few times, and Iron Chef many times. Iron Chef is reality? Yes?

Anybody check out Jeff Bourdain, No Reservations? Great show.

I hate them

Mostly because there are about 300 versions of the same show on now

For example, someone said Flip this house earlier, although not bad, theres like 5 other versions of the same show on all about flipping houses

The had the Bachelor/Bachelorette, now theres about 5 other versions all with slight twists. Every 'D' list celebrity has a chance to come back if they are willing to whore themselves out doing something different on a show.

They are just so many, and always new ones coming out that it just gets to the point where I don't want to watch any of them

I think I lied earlier when I said I don't watch the stuff. I've seen Top Chef a few times, and Iron Chef many times. Iron Chef is reality? Yes?

Anybody check out Jeff Bourdain, No Reservations? Great show.

Jeff? Anthony Bourdain! One of my favorite shows, chefs, authors. I ate at Cayenne(the restauraunt Bourdain went to in Belfast) and drank at the Crown

The few that I'll watch every season....

Survivor

The Apprentice

Amazing Race

Beauty And The Geek

One that I've watched and wish would come back...

Joe Schmo Show

I've given up on the whole Real World/Road Rules and anything else MTV has about 5 years ago. It's now, "lets put strangers together, give them all the alcohol they want and see what happens when they start acting like asses."

I enjoy some of the reality shows....I just can't help it. I love to "people watch" as it is, so when I can do it from my own living room I'm usually pretty intrigued.

Most of my viewing is with sports and movies, but the reality shows I enjoy are 1. Big Brother, 2. The Apprentice, and 3. American Idol.

I watched the first few seasons of 'The Real World' back in the day, but it got stale. Never really found Survivor all that appealing, and I saw 'Hell's Kitchen' for the first time this past season. I thought it was somewhat interesting, but I could take it or leave it.

I have a love/hate relationship with 'The Bachelor', as I would LOVE to be the bachelor, but I hate the show. 'My Big, Fat, Obnoxious Fiance' was frickin hilarious.