Ralph wants O-line improved

Yeah, I am thinking that the story is pure B.s., and first round corner, here we come! :oops:

No story to disbelieve, that's what Ralph actually said. And with the Bills possibly having found their OT's (Pennington's game against the best D-line and defense in the NFL notwithstanding), I think that focusing on improving the interior is what he's talking about. And that doesn't mean drafting an OG in the first round.

And of course, the Bills have NEVER been close to being under the cap as what they're going to be next off-season.

No story to disbelieve, that's what Ralph actually said. And with the Bills possibly having found their OT's (Pennington's game against the best D-line and defense in the NFL notwithstanding), I think that focusing on improving the interior is what he's talking about. And that doesn't mean drafting an OG in the first round.

And of course, the Bills have NEVER been close to being under the cap as what they're going to be next off-season.

Then he should offer 40 or 50 million dollars to Steinbach at 0001 hrs on the first day of free agency. He can keep some of his cap dollars to extend Peters to an even longer contract after next season, and draft a 1st or 2nd round OG.

If we can reach for a safety, he can get us guards just as easily.

Sounds good to me! ;):oops:

This probably means the Bills will draft their OL in rounds 4 and 6 this year instead of the 5th and 7th.

Same old crap we hear every year and the end result will likely be the same as it always is.

I hope we draft a tackle 4th overall. That's a guaranteed way to improve the team! :oops:

I hope we draft a tackle 4th overall. That's a guaranteed way to improve the team! :oops:

Very true. The Ravens are cursing the day in 1996 that they selected Jonathan Ogden with the #4 overall pick. :lol: The Rams and Seahawks wish they could do it all over and not take Pace and Jones at #1 and #6, and the Jests wish they had Whitner instead of D'Brick. ;)

The good news consists of 2 words....JASON PETERS

We FINALLY have a LT Bro!!!!!!!!!! ^_^

Very true. The Ravens are cursing the day in 1996 that they selected Jonathan Ogden with the #4 overall pick. ^_^ The Rams and Seahawks wish they could do it all over and not take Pace and Jones at #1 and #6, and the Jests wish they had Whitner instead of D'Brick. :oops:

The good news consists of 2 words....JASON PETERS

We FINALLY have a LT Bro!!!!!!!!!! ;)

I know. Look how the robert gallery pick is leading the raiders to...ummm, where exactly? 2-14?

More than 1 way to skin a cat. not signing steinbach or not drafting a 1st round OL isnt the end of the world.

I know. Look how the robert gallery pick is leading the raiders to...ummm, where exactly? 2-14?

More than 1 way to skin a cat. not signing steinbach or not drafting a 1st round OL isnt the end of the world.

Right you are R-Man, but if RW is sincere and serious about building the OL, the chance is at his fingertips because we have a monster LT! :oops: This might be 20% of the OL, but it is half the battle imo.

Do you see what I mean? A left side of Steinbach/Peters would win us games. They could stand up to some of the good defensive fronts we will face in 07. Early round OGs have a high success rate as well.

Now is the time my friend.

Ill shell out whatever to see this team win.......... And this team would sell out if they were winning, with higher ticket prices....

Fans of this city want a winner (see Sabres... Sold out for the SEASON!) Why? Because they are a winner! Coached, Owned, and play like winners, so the fans turned their backs on the Bills and bought Sabre tickets. Good for them... People in this city are not buying Ralphs same old crap year after year. It takes 10 friggin years for this jello eater to finally say the O line needs help? YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! The main problem with this team is the owner. I thank Ralph for keeping this team here, but hell man. He is cheap and it shows.

This team has been managed like a old farm outhouse the past 10 years. Here is a fact, Ralph has to pony up and show he wants to win this offseason or every game will be a blackout. Starting with our own FA's who are the leaders on this team. This we are "rebuilding" crap does not play man, it dont take 10 years to rebuild a team. What is bad is with this new money for the cap, Ralph will not be able to touch player bonus monies like Washington or Dallas can shell out...

Sit back, enjoy the ride and hey.... Go Sabres!!!!! One Team, One Goal!

Sure the Sabres sold out this season, but they still have some of the cheapest tickets in the league too. But look at last season, you could still buy playoff tickets the day of a game until the last round (I know, I bought many the day of the game). Did the fans support the Sabres while they were re-building? It took them risking moving and bankrupcy and the league to change the rules so they could compete for them to finally have the support from the fans. Everyone wants to complain about Ralph being cheap (even though during the SB years and up until last season he spent almost to the cap every year) yet last season Golisano spent only about 2/3 of the cap limit.

You also are going after ralph because in 10 years he hasn't noticed that the o-line needs improvement? Maybe it has to do with the multiple other question marks finaling being answered this year that opened everyones eyes to realising what the teams problems were. Last offseason many thought we needed a QB and that is why the Bills were bad. It wasn't until this season that it has become glaringly obvious that the o-line has been the root of many problems and may have cost them some games.

It doesn't take 10 years to rebuild a team? Really? Talk to Bengal's, 49ers, Cardinals, Raiders, Browns, and Texans fans. They have either been through or are currently in a very long building or re-building phase. Some teams get lucky and find the one or 2 key players that turn into superstars and take them to the next level (like the Pats getting Brady in a later round and him becoming one of the top QB's in the league). Heck, you can even add the Colts into this, they may have been winning and competitive for years but they cannot seem to put together a team that can make it to the next level.

Ralph ponied up the money to bring in what was supposed to be a top notch GM in TD and gave him full control of the team, unfortunatley it didn't work and the team now has to dig itself out of a huge hole. TD picked and hired the coaches, and his way was going for young and up and coming co-ordinators that came cheap.

Sure some people would still pay higher prices, but this team made a late playoff run this year with a hard working team of young players and the fans did not show support.

I'm starting to think Ralph should just sell this team and let it move to LA, the fans here don't deserve a team and don't deserve an owner who will atleast try and fight to keep the team here. Greatest fans in the league? I highly doubt it

Ralph ponied up the money to bring in what was supposed to be a top notch GM in TD and gave him full control of the team, unfortunatley it didn't work and the team now has to dig itself out of a huge hole.

But, but, but...the o-line must be Ralph's fault. Didn't Connor just tell us that Ralph's been unaware it's been a problem??? :oops:

I never said it was a guaranteed way to improve the team, nor did I say the Bills should use their #1 pick on an OL, so you can keep your ;) to yourself.

Right you are R-Man, but if RW is sincere and serious about building the OL, the chance is at his fingertips because we have a monster LT! :oops: This might be 20% of the OL, but it is half the battle imo.

Do you see what I mean? A left side of Steinbach/Peters would win us games. They could stand up to some of the good defensive fronts we will face in 07. Early round OGs have a high success rate as well.

Now is the time my friend.

I see what you are saying. I'd keep gandy around definitely for depth, because you can do a lot worse than him. I'd like to see an OG taken in the first 2 rounds. We'll also see what FA brings. I dont see the Bills making a run at the steiner, but perhaps dielman from SD could be had at a more reasonable price. Manuwai from j-ville has been locked up. And i would like to see nate re-signed.

The problem we'll run into with FA i am afriad, isnt total contract value, but the amount of signing bonuses being tossed around.

Regardless, the future looks promising. I wouldnt mind a LB at #12, and a OG at #44.

My opinion, is Mr. Wilson is getting more info from Marv than he ever did from TD. So that's why Mr. Wilson is talking the o-line, because he probably asked Marv what is needed for next year, and Marv told him. Where TD probably just said don't worry, he'd handle it and leave Mr. Wilson wondering what he was going to do.

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive been posting the real problem with this team... The owner! 10 cent coaches and bullcrap signing of 7-11 crud...

I cant wait to hear what Ralph has to say with this new cap and how the signing bonus will almost DOUBLE! New NFL and new ownerships are needed.... It now takes a Billion to own a NFL team....

Good luck Ralph... Try signing our FA's first.... Then "shop"!

All of this critism is comical. I'd say from Ralph's public statements all year show he has a good grasp of where the team stands. They plugged a few holes this year and he sounds committed to upgrading the team's talent for next year. If they don't make moves to address the O-line, D-line, linebackers, RB, WR and CB in the offseason - you can be critical then. No way you could fix this team in 1 year or even 2 for that matter. Ralph's already apologized publically for the TD era, and yes, he's ultimately responsible for the poor record the past 10 years. The Redskins and other teams have shown overwhelmingly that you can't just buy a playoff team, and you can't just dial 1-800-LINEMAN and get what you need. It'll be more than 6 months before the training camp roster is even set. Let's move on.