Ralph wants O-line improved

After the Bills' ninth loss was in the books, team owner Ralph Wilson came to the realization that the O-line simply isn't a playoff-caliber group. If the lack of pass protection wasn't enough of an indicator, the fact that Buffalo piled up just 39 rushing yards should have been.

"We've gotta get some offensive line help," Wilson -- who praised Losman's toughness -- told media members in the locker room following the game.

Ralph wants improvements

Now I realize this is written by Connor Byrne, basically a fan just like us, but I doubt he made-up these quotes. So that means O-line help should be arriving. Yeah!

This probably means the Bills will draft their OL in rounds 4 and 6 this year instead of the 5th and 7th.

Same old crap we hear every year and the end result will likely be the same as it always is.

I disagree, I can see some positive moves being made by Marv Levy.

And it only took him a decade and a half to figure this one out :wallbash: .

Actions speak louder than words. Let's see how this plays out, but my best guess is that we are $20 million under the cap by June with a re-signed Mike Gandy and a 5th round RG as our major OL acquisitions.

Only a Golisano or a Wegman can save the Bills from this tightwad abomination of an owner.

Actions speak louder than words. Let's see how this plays out, but my best guess is that we are $20 million under the cap by June with a re-signed Mike Gandy and a 5th round RG as our major OL acquisitions.

Only a Golisano or a Wegman can save the Bills from this tightwad abomination of an owner.

Ta Da..... :beer:

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive been posting the real problem with this team... The owner! 10 cent coaches and bullcrap signing of 7-11 crud...

I cant wait to hear what Ralph has to say with this new cap and how the signing bonus will almost DOUBLE! New NFL and new ownerships are needed.... It now takes a Billion to own a NFL team....

Good luck Ralph... Try signing our FA's first.... Then "shop"!

Same here. But I guess as a Bills fan, I haven't become jaded to the point of predicting doom and gloom at every turn, yet. :oops:

I'm not predicting doom and gloom. I think the team overall is moving in the right direction. But I've also seen enough from the Bills for the last decade plus that I'm highly skeptical of their willingness to put their money where their mouth is in regards to the OL.

Their OL philosophy seems to be to sign/draft several of them and hope one or two pan out. Quantity over quality.

Hmmm, I think we'd all feel a lot more comfortable if Ralph were quoted by the News or D&C.

It was in one of the morning papers, at least thats where I first read it.

Hey, Ralph wakes up New years Day 07 and suddenly has a thought. We've made progress from a year ago. Don't complain.

You look at our O-line and wonder: "How many of these guys would be starters on other NFL teams?". It's time to take a hard look at what we have, and either demote or cut some of our O-line players, and bring in some studs.

And a word about MacGahee: He has talent, but isn't consistent enough. I want a guy who doesn't take plays off, and comes ready to play every sunday. This guy is too inconsistent from week to week. Don't offer him an extension... :oops:

yeah, and they are just lining up to spend their fortunes on the team to keep them in buffalo right now

Ralph is not "keeping this team down", he is keeping this team alive, and in Buffalo

the man has kept this team in buffalo with the lowest ticket prices in the league so the fans can attend games and everyone just sits back and cries cause he isn't spending every free penny he has on coaches and signing bonuses to overpayed players. So would you be willing to shell out an extra $20-50 a game to get one or 2 big name FA's or a more expensive coach? The team has enough troubles trying to sell out the stadium as is and the fans have the nerve to call Ralph cheap

yeah, and they are just lining up to spend their fortunes on the team to keep them in buffalo right now

Ralph is not "keeping this team down", he is keeping this team alive, and in Buffalo

the man has kept this team in buffalo with the lowest ticket prices in the league so the fans can attend games and everyone just sits back and cries cause he isn't spending every free penny he has on coaches and signing bonuses to overpayed players. So would you be willing to shell out an extra $20-50 a game to get one or 2 big name FA's or a more expensive coach? The team has enough troubles trying to sell out the stadium as is and the fans have the nerve to call Ralph cheap

Ill shell out whatever to see this team win.......... And this team would sell out if they were winning, with higher ticket prices....

Fans of this city want a winner (see Sabres... Sold out for the SEASON!) Why? Because they are a winner! Coached, Owned, and play like winners, so the fans turned their backs on the Bills and bought Sabre tickets. Good for them... People in this city are not buying Ralphs same old crap year after year. It takes 10 friggin years for this jello eater to finally say the O line needs help? YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! The main problem with this team is the owner. I thank Ralph for keeping this team here, but hell man. He is cheap and it shows.

This team has been managed like a old farm outhouse the past 10 years. Here is a fact, Ralph has to pony up and show he wants to win this offseason or every game will be a blackout. Starting with our own FA's who are the leaders on this team. This we are "rebuilding" crap does not play man, it dont take 10 years to rebuild a team. What is bad is with this new money for the cap, Ralph will not be able to touch player bonus monies like Washington or Dallas can shell out...

Sit back, enjoy the ride and hey.... Go Sabres!!!!! One Team, One Goal!

Ralph wants improvements

Now I realize this is written by Connor Byrne, basically a fan just like us, but I doubt he made-up these quotes. So that means O-line help should be arriving. Yeah!

MBD, assuming this is true for the sake of conversation, this leaves me seriously confused.

NOW, he thinks we need OL help? We do, but I must scratch my head in wonder in terms of what he was thinking in the Loucheiy/Ostroski era. :oops: Did he think that the OL was OK when he was watching the likes of Bill Conaty, Marcus Spriggs, Joe Panos, Corey Hulsey, Jamie Nails, and a host of other sad sacks? Jon Carmen anyone? ;)

Posters here have been complaining about the problem as long as I can remember. Mr. Wilson had to have known about this before, dontcha think?

Yeah, I am thinking that the story is pure B.s., and first round corner, here we come! ^_^