Which team had the most disappointing season?

SDS

Which team had the most disappointing season?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Cincinnatti

• Pittsburgh
    • Buffalo
    • Denver
    • Indianapolis
    • Seattle
    • Cincinnatti
    • Miami

Which team do you think had the most disappointing season?

I voted for the Steelers. I mean they were the defending Super Bowl champs and failed to make the playoffs. Though IMHO they could had made the playoffs had their coach been smart enough to go with Charlie Batch a little longer while Roethlisberger healed up.

Miami for sure.

Down here in South Florida, they were crowning them as Super Bowl champions in August. I love they way they went down the drain.

added.... but I think it was the Bengals hands down.

I voted for the Steelers. I mean they were the defending Super Bowl champs and failed to make the playoffs. Though IMHO they could had made the playoffs had their coach been smart enough to go with Charlie Batch a little longer while Roethlisberger healed up.

Agreed.

1. Steelers: Defending champs struggled to get to 8-8

2. Broncos: Thought they had a shot at the playoffs

Hard to be disappointed in any of those teams that made the playoffs

Had low expectations for Cincy and Miami to begin with

The Bills did better than I thought they would at the beginning of the season. Would have been nice to make the playoffs, but still can't say i'm disappointed

Miami for sure.

Down here in South Florida, they were crowning them as Super Bowl champions in August. I love they way they went down the drain.

It blows my mind that every single year the Dolphins are a favorite to either go deep in the playoffs or win the super bowl.

Next year is probably going to be worse, their defense is quite aged and probably a bit upset that their offense was so abysmal this year.

Hey at least Fins and Bills fans have something in common, they both have been Mularkized.

Pittsburgh, no question. Winning the Super Bowl and then not making the playoffs, a missed Shayne Graham FG from a losing season.

definitely a dissapointment for the team, isn't there some stat somewhere on teams failing to make the playoffs after a super bowl victory?

I'd be curious to see what it was.

Of course Pitt also lost the Bus and a versatile WR, can't think of his name right now though, too tired. This season proved to me that a QB is often defined by the team/talent level around him (there are fringe cases though that defy this, Grossman for example or Dilfer of the 2000 Ravens)

Which team do you think had the most disappointing season?

Cincy by far.

You expect a Suber Bowl hangover for the Steelers.

Cincy has a ton of talent. They just find ways to lose. Like they did against Buffalo last year. If Marvin Lewis

decided to start acting like a coach and put his foot down? Maybe his players would stay off the police blotter

and make the playoffs.

Cincy by far.

You expect a Suber Bowl hangover for the Steelers.

Cincy has a ton of talent. They just find ways to lose. Like they did against Buffalo last year. If Marvin Lewis

decided to start acting like a coach and put his foot down? Maybe his players would stay off the police blotter

and make the playoffs.

I wouldn't put this on Marvin Lewis. He can't put his foot down when his bosses have & will continue to promote the drafting of talented "bargains". For many years before he got there and the philosophy remains today, the Bengals do not use the character issue when they are scouting & drafting players. Typical of this was the 2005 draft "theft" of 1st round talent Odell Thurman in the 2nd round. They got a good rookie year out of him before he totally self destructed. He was a walking time bomb that the smarter teams avoided.

Year after year, teams like the Bengals & Dolphins get "steals" talentwise on draft day because they concentrate on the on field talent & eschew the off field evaluation. So on the Monday after the draft, the talking & writing heads give these teams high draft marks, not realizing that this year's steal is next year's inmate or drug suspendee.

Then you get enough of these characters together and the team is called a disappointment when they don't respond well to adversity. Some of those losses come from missing the player who is suspended for that crucial game. Marv has it totally right that ability without character does not win.