Robert Royal....

Frez

If he only landed both of his toes in bounds on that flea flicker play! That was a well designed play.

877034[/snapback]

Don't forget his illegal block penalty on the previous play that negated a first down.

He had a horrible game.

Between him and McGee I don't know who to be more mad at.

As much as that Royal play bothered me at the time I don't think it would have changed the outcome. Is there any doubt that on 4th and 1 with 2 minutes left the Titans would have picked up the first down and likely scored the go ahead TD (as opposed to kicking the go ahead FG)?

The blame for this loss goes squarely to the D. When is the last time this unit made a stand late in the 4th quarter?

Any positive news from Kevin Everett this year?  I had high hopes for that kid.  We could use an upgrade at TE

877077[/snapback]

There seems to be no faith in Everett from the coaching staff.

I thought he would be an option for JP this year. Nothing.

Royal had been an option in the last three weeks before he pulled a Munson. First time in a while the TE had been an option.

The blame for this loss goes squarely to the D.  When is the last time this unit made a stand late in the 4th quarter?

877084[/snapback]

Hell.....I would have been happy with a stand in the 1st three quarters. They're lucky we got that FG before the half ended because there would have been a loud chorus of BOOS raining down on them when they headed to the tunnel.

As much as that Royal play bothered me at the time I don't think it would have changed the outcome. 

877084[/snapback]

I disagree. That was a bone headed play by Royal. You take the points when you get them (duh). As much as the D was to blame, those were four additional points we left on the table.

Can someone describe the Royal play in detail?  Where in the end zone was he?  Why didn't he get his feet down?

877335[/snapback]

Let's just say that he had room to take a comfortable step towards the backline. It was about as big a second step as he could have taken in order to get his foot out of the endzone. It was a perfect play, and though Royal screwed up so bad it probably will end up costing the Bills a playoff spot (as everything else seems to be falling into place) Royal is still a good player and should not be released as people have already said. He has been a good option for JP this year and will continue to be next year if given the opportunity.

The blame for this loss goes squarely to the D.  When is the last time this unit made a stand late in the 4th quarter?

877084[/snapback]

I place the blame for the end of the FIRST half breakdown on both the O and D, though. Giving up the TD to Young on 4th and 2 with one second left is inexcusable, but there was also no reason for the way the offense managed the clock on the drive right before that. Just a couple of things the offense could've done differently would've given this game a different complexion, since the D was able to come out in the second half and at least get a couple of stops.

Let's just say that he had room to take a comfortable step towards the backline.  It was about as big a second step as he could have taken in order to get his foot out of the endzone.  It was a perfect play, and though Royal screwed up so bad it probably will end up costing the Bills a playoff spot (as everything else seems to be falling into place) Royal is still a good player and should not be released as people have already said.  He has been a good option for JP this year and will continue to be next year if given the opportunity.

877339[/snapback]

I wouldn't be averse to trying to find a real playmaker at TE, but calls to cut Royal are pretty poorly thought out, considering what the other TEs on the roster have shown. :thumbdown:

If he only landed both of his toes in bounds on that flea flicker play! That was a well designed play.

877034[/snapback]

And the blocking from behind didn't help either. lol

But, i agree. We let alot of good plays go. Evans had 2 very close chances for TD's, TD's that the average WR wouldn't make, but a top 10 reciever in the world, the best player on a team who is in a must win game, MUST make. Sorry i know Evans is popular so noone will agree, but imo both should have been cought, and if not both, definetly one of them for sure. That would also change the game in our favor.