19,000 Titans vs Bills Tickets left

My daughter is coming in from CT. My other three children and 5 grandchildren will be at the house Sunday. I will be cooking sausage outside on the grill in my Bills jersey, listening to the game on the radio, and playing with the grandkids while "Papa" is still cool.  ;)

"Christmas Eve and family gatherings will interfere."

...and that's the truth  :nana:

Family is first priority.

872990[/snapback]

Although the grandkids might think "Papa" was even cooler if he took them to the Bills game instead of making them listen to it on the radio.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a deal with my wife.  I told her if she lets me go to this game I will keep the tailgating down to a minimum(probably get there at 11 or so) & I wont come home all drunk & pass out when I get home like I usually do.  She told me have fun.

871951[/snapback]

Bad planning.  Next time prime her by saying you are getting something special for her and about a week early start getting nervous about it not being ready/in stock... by Christmas.  When you have to make a herculean effort to go "pick it up" on Christmas Eve you can see the game, ditch the in-laws, and be a hero.

871991[/snapback]

Or you could just grow a set of balls & tell her you want to watch the football game.

872028[/snapback]

The beauty of compromise  :lol:

872804[/snapback]

So I surmise your compromise was to grow one ball? :rolleyes:

I won't read through three screens to see if anyone else said this, but no, the ONLY playoff game during the SB years that wasn't sold out was the Oilers game.

872842[/snapback]

May be technically true but I remember eating about 4 good extra tickets in 90 that I bought with season ticket early pick rights because the best offer I could get was $10. And there were plenty of people selling them for less.

With all due respect, I think you are going a little overboard.

I love the Bills. It pains me not to see a game. However, I love my family more than the Bills, and being with my family on Christmas eve is of the utmost importance. I like to think I have my priorities straight, not that I don't care about the Bills.

BTW - I was at the Bills game yesterday.

871420[/snapback]

Todd, your priorities are ALL wrong. You suck. :rolleyes::thumbsup::lol:

Cleveland is sold out. Same size stadium. Not exactly boom town USA. Granted it will be interesting to see how many they get in the stadium. But I am disappointed in the B'lo fans. Missing some great games and a team that is putting it together. I do think things would be a bit diffrent had they not started out 2-5---even if they were 3-4 things would not have seemed so grim.

Creative ticket pricing, game packs etc... would certainly help for next year. But most importantly will be the belief that this team can be very good. Go support the team people--I'll be there.....hope I'm not the only one.

Very bad timing to have the sellout string come crumbling down over the past few games, especially since we've played some quality opponents. The national media has picked up on it and has painted Buffalo in a negative light. Other teams' fans are definitely looking down upon Bills fans as not being as hardcore as they thought. It's a shame. I always stick up for Bills fans but it's hard to look at us in the same light as other fans like...the Browns, Chiefs, Broncos, Packers, etc... Even if they have no shows they still always sell out their games.

I live 450 miles away and make it up to about 4 home games per year. I try to do my part. I hope this is just a blip and the sellout streak starts again next year because I think it;s imperative in order to keep the team in B-Lo.

You're right! It is hard to paint the area as huge fans when the last four games do not sell out. They will either have to add game packs, varying pricing strategies as cheaper tix for the games like Tennessee and higher prices for premier games like the Giants and Cowboys next year. They may have to take away some of the upper tier seating as it is hard to sell 5 thousand upper level seats when the view is terrible and the weather is not ideal. Why not make a bigger "shield" around the stadium to insulate the fans from the wind etc..... not a dome but somewhat like the Cowboys. That way the fans at least are covered.

But in the Bills' defense there were 16 NFL games last week and the attendence at the Bills game was 4th. Only 3 games had better attendance but they "sold out."

Cleveland is sold out.  Same size stadium.   

873296[/snapback]

The Cleveland area population (2.1 million) is about equal to the Buffalo and Rochester metro areas combined. While a lot or Ra Cha Cha fans attend Bills games, it's still a bit of a stretch to say Buffalo and Rochester are one unified market.

Although the grandkids might think "Papa" was even cooler if he took them to the Bills game instead of making them listen to it on the radio.

873000[/snapback]

Right. Especially the 18 month and 4 year old. :lol:

I really am happy for all of you who are going to the game, especially the out of towners who only get back to Buffalo once a season.

Have fun!

The Cleveland area population (2.1 million) is about equal to the Buffalo and Rochester metro areas combined.  While a lot or Ra Cha Cha fans attend Bills games, it's still a bit of a stretch to say Buffalo and Rochester are one unified market.

873358[/snapback]

Yet the Southern Ontario market is about 5-7million people depending on how you define it. That is a lot more than Cleveland to draw from---I just think the Bills have a large untapped market there. Send players up there (the whole 30-60 minute drive). Do commercials etc... lots of Canadians love NFL football.

I think it's the Christmas Eve thing. So many ethnic groups up in WNY have big family celebrations on Christmas Eve (meal of the 7 fishes etc.).

I'm lucky down here - we don't celebrate until the 25th. So I'm free to watch football.

I agree and think most of it is the Christmas Eve thing. Would have had a better draw on Saturday. I'm afraid they'll get only like 40 thousand there. That would reflect AWFUL on the city, Ralph and not help in any negotiations Ralph will have with the league on revenue sharing. They can point to the fact the only games NOT sold out this year are the Bills' games. They don't care that the Bills had the 4th highest crowd out of 16 NFL games last week. They'll point to the lack of sell-outs.

Go to the game fans! Buy it as a X-mas present for someone. Lots of good tix available.

and even with 10K empty seats more folks will be at rws than at almost 6 other fully sold out stadiums of the NFL, not bad for a small market team but is a shame that bills fins didnt sell out given sligth possible playoff hopes

871772[/snapback]

Here is what you guys are not getting. Yes we may have more fans but we gave the cheapest tickets.

Not selling out kills the Bills as they base the low ticket price on the higher attendance. So yes chicago may sell 8,000 less tickets but the luxury boxes and higher prices put them way ahead. Not to mention they would sell 90,000 a game if the capacity was there.

Look at the skins.

So yes our attendance is the highest but the owner is either 1 going to have to raise the prices or leave town,