Tim Horton's

generaLee83

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

t is the best donut/coffee place in the world. it is worth stopping.  even the soups and sandwiches are good.

it was started by former sabre Tim Horton. after his death his wife sold the chain to Wendy's

868775[/snapback]

Thank you, I'll be stopping today, any recommendations? I'm a coffee freak myself.

Frankly, I am confused by Tim Hortons.

That place blows away anything down here, including Starbucks imo (for half the price). Dunkin Donuts is garbage compared to Tim Hortons. What is strange is that you can't even buy their coffee online as far as I know.

I brought some home this year and my wife loved it.

If they expanded to NYC/Long Island, they would make millions; the coffee is THAT good. What on earth are they waiting for? :thumbdown:

Frankly, I am confused by Tim Hortons.

That place blows away anything down here, including Starbucks imo (for half the price). Dunkin Donuts is garbage compared to Tim Hortons. What is strange is that you can't even buy their coffee online as far as I know.

I brought some home this year and my wife loved it.

If they expanded to NYC/Long Island, they would make millions; the coffee is THAT good. What on earth are they waiting for?  :thumbdown:

868799[/snapback]

After Wendy's spun off the chain last year, it has made more aggressive plans to penetrate the US beyond its base of Western NY/Ohio/Michigan. There are stores in ten states now, including Connecticut and Massachusetts, so it's probably just a matter of time before it hits the island.

But with Dunkin's strength in New England/Mid-Atlantic (in Boston it's practically a religion), how well will Tim's do in those areas?

t is the best donut/coffee place in the world. it is worth stopping.  even the soups and sandwiches are good.

it was started by former sabre Tim Horton. after his death his wife sold the chain to Wendy's

868775[/snapback]

Tim Hortons is terrible, the donuts are tiny and taste like rubber, the coffee not much better.

Dunkin Donuts has chunks of Tim in its stool.

Its a canadian coffe place, like a dunkin donuts. No fancy coffees, just plain coffee, donuts, soup, sandwiches, bagels, muffins, etc. Its what we Canadians live off of, it is our secret fuel.

868807[/snapback]

i always thought the secret fuel was Molson XXX :thumbdown:

In Rhode Island, they seem to have replaced a local chain Bess Eatin. All the Bess Eatin's changed their name to Tim Horton's about 2 yrs (?) ago. I'm not sure about SE Mass or CT, but I suspect the same.

On the way to every game this year we drive by Tim Hortons on route 20A, what kind of joint is this?

Coffee? burgers?

Is it worth stopping?

868774[/snapback]

Tim Horton's is a Canadian coffee place. They just recently expanded to the US.

Personally speaking, the coffee is really good there. I rarely stop for a wrap or something like that though.

Good coffee, sandwiches, soup and chili. Unfortunately, the donuts are horrific. Sometimes I'll stop there if I'm in the mood for their coffee, but nothing is good enough to bring be back on a regular basis.

868908[/snapback]

The chocolate croissant's are to die for.

I know the NE area is littered with them.

Nothing better then a wheat bagel and butter to get the morning going.

868911[/snapback]

i actually have not seen any in mass, vermont or new hampshire, but if you drive across the state border into maine, there are tim horton's all over

i'm canadian living in nyc.

i love tim horton's like mad.

i have been thinking about starting up a franchise or two down here

868935[/snapback]

i love the idea colin, but a lot of competition! people love their dunkin donuts out here - maybe we would have been luck with a anchor bar franchise!