What is the movie you absolutely hate...

Tux of Borg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot all about that little turd of a movie.  :doh:

Remember how big it was, gosh, seven years ago now? 

Sigh...I'm gettin' old.  :lol:

868141[/snapback]

I was living in Thailand at the time it was released and it came out a little after it came out in the U.S. I was so excited to see it because of the universally good reviews it got. I kept thinking O.K. any minute now something fantastic is going to happen. Man was I wrong. I wasn't alone either as we shuffled out of the theater I could tell from the looks on people's faces and their discussions that everyone wasn't sure if they were being pranked or not.

I was living in Thailand at the time it was released and it came out a little after it came out in the U.S.  I was so excited to see it because of the universally good reviews it got.  I kept thinking O.K. any minute now something fantastic is going to happen.  Man was I wrong.  I wasn't alone either as we shuffled out of the theater I could tell from the looks on people's faces and their discussions that everyone wasn't sure if they were being pranked or not.

868146[/snapback]

The only two parts I enjoyed were JUST after the 'info gathering' phase ended, and just before they went into the woods. I was pretty high on anticipation. Then after that, the only part that really freaked me out was at the very end. I won't describe the scene since some may not have seen it, but the last scene i thought was very effective. The only problem was that it was the last scene, lol.

I remember when I rented 'Waterboy' - I actually literally felt a sense of sadness that inane crap like that was so popular with the general population of America.

One of my least favorite movies ever was Mars Attacks! - I don't even think I withstood watching the whole thing.

I saw Magnolia in the theaters on opening weekend. I was a fan of Boogie Nights too, so I was excited for it.

I kind of dug the first 2 hours of the movie, then the last 12 hours of it I was ready to gouge my eyes out. Then came the frogs...packed movie theater, and I was laughing my ass off! Everyone else is in silent shock or tears, and I was rolling because of how ridiculous it was.

If the people had eggs, I would have been pelted with them :doh:

868006[/snapback]

That is too funny... I can't imagine that packed house not LTAO over the frogs, I sure would've been. :lol:

The Talented Mr. Ripley

Me and my GF at the time went and saw it on a weeknight, both having to work the next day. So every time we thought the movie was just about done, he goes and kills someone else and it has to drag on for another 20-30 minutes. Luckily we were the only ones in the theater or we may have been thrown out for complaing about it so loudly.

The DaVinci Code. Very good book, but I was quite disappointed in the movie especially considering the hype.

868261[/snapback]

I don't think too many people who read the book thought the movie was that great. Def. one of my worst blind DVD buys.

Any Mel Brooks movie made after Silent Movie (ESPECIALLY Spaceballs.) :lol:

Any Chevy Chase movie where he's not playing Clark Griswald. :doh:

Any Marx Brothers movie made after Duck Soup. :lol:

Any Bob Hope movie (INCLUDING the Road pictures). :lol:

Any Eddie Murphy movie where he's not playing the total clown. :lol:

Any Chris Rock movie not named Pootie Tang. :)

and Schindler's List. ;)