What is the movie you absolutely hate...

Tux of Borg

Oh yeah, my number one choice is To Kill A Mockingbird... actually think it's a good (not great) movie. But when the AFI said that Atticus Finch was the #1 movie hero of all time, I wanted to hurl, :ph34r: cause Gregory Hack Peck is my least favorite "old-school Hollywood" actor of all time, and that turned me against the film. Only a stupid poll, but it still pissed me off. B-)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the opposite, Movies people hated that I loved, Death to Smoochy, Napolean Dynomite (more of an underground hit), Rob Zombies House of a 1,000 corpses and the devils rejects, and the Tenacious D movie (I only include it here because it had a horrible box office turnout)

867724[/snapback]

Underground hit? People were talking about that movie non-stop about a year ago.

:doh:  :lol:  :lol:

I agree on Magnolia, worst blind-buy of a DVD I've ever made. I really liked Boogie Nights, what a disappointment & what a snoozer. :lol: The frogs woke me up. :lol:

867827[/snapback]

I saw Magnolia in the theaters on opening weekend. I was a fan of Boogie Nights too, so I was excited for it.

I kind of dug the first 2 hours of the movie, then the last 12 hours of it I was ready to gouge my eyes out. Then came the frogs...packed movie theater, and I was laughing my ass off! Everyone else is in silent shock or tears, and I was rolling because of how ridiculous it was.

If the people had eggs, I would have been pelted with them :)

I really liked Boogie Nights

I liked Lost In Translation, though. Bill Murray was great, and Scarlet MMMMMM.

867827[/snapback]

Boogie Nights rocked....what a great cast, too! I can usually do w/out Wahlberg, but Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Bill Macy, and Cheadle all in one flick?? Doesn't get much better than that :lol:

I thought LiT was brilliant. It was so well directed and well acted that it allowed me to have an idea of what it would feel like to be in Japan while you were still in the midst of jetlag and the time difference. Not only that, but great dialouge, awesome shots of Japan, etc.....I know a lot of folks who didn't 'get' or enjoy this flick, but I loved it.

Pulp Fiction

And The Kill Bill series

And I guess I dont like Terantino.

868019[/snapback]

Wow, some of these choices really shock me. Pulp Fiction was one of the two or three films that I watched twice in a row, back to back. I watched it once in the afternoon on a day off from work, and then the minute my ex girlfriend got home I watched it again....loved that flick.

WTF dude?  I don't even want to know where you came up with THAT one.    :lol:

867994[/snapback]

I saw it while I was surfing IMDB today looking for Shortbus and was like WTF? Someone actually made this friggin movie? :doh:

I wondered what people's reactions would be to hearing about it as well.

The "Saw" trilogy. I've never seen any of them, and have no urge to.

If you wanna watch movie actors get slaughtered, simply pop in any of the 407 "Nightmare on Elm Street" movies.

Mmmm...Heather Langenkamp (she played Nancy in the first and third ones). :lol:

The "Saw" trilogy.  I've never seen any of them, and have no urge to.

If you wanna watch movie actors get slaughtered, simply pop in any of the 407 "Nightmare on Elm Street" movies.

Mmmm...Heather Langenkamp (she played Nancy in the first and third ones).  :lol:

868089[/snapback]

How can you vote for a movie you've never even seen? lol

The first Saw film was relatively clever, IMO. Part of why I get frustrated with the horror genre is that they often times make me feel as though they are insulting my intelligence. I didn't feel that Saw did that. I felt like they made a sincere effort to freak me out, and I felt it was a pretty good film. The second one? Eh, not so much....not terrible, but I started to get that "let's hurry up and put out another one so we can make even MORE money!" type of feeling.

How can you vote for a movie you've never even seen? lol

The first Saw film was relatively clever, IMO. Part of why I get frustrated with the horror genre is that they often times make me feel as though they are insulting my intelligence. I didn't feel that Saw did that. I felt like they made a sincere effort to freak me out, and I felt it was a pretty good film. The second one? Eh, not so much....not terrible, but I started to get that "let's hurry up and put out another one so we can make even MORE money!" type of feeling.

868094[/snapback]

Hmmm...others here were voting for movies they had not seen. Guess it's the concept I hate.

I'm not against horror movies (the idea of Freddy Krueger as the boogeyman coming to life from teenager's dreams was a brilliant idea), but the idea of the Saw movies seemed to be let's kill people in the most grotesque ways possible and see if we can get the audience to vomit.

I always thought Faces of Death did the same exact thing.

Hmmm...others here were voting for movies they had not seen.  Guess it's the concept I hate.

I'm not against horror movies (the idea of Freddy Krueger as the boogeyman coming to life from teenager's dreams was a brilliant idea), but the idea of the Saw movies seemed to be let's kill people in the most grotesque ways possible and see if we can get the audience to vomit.

I always thought Faces of Death did the same exact thing.

868104[/snapback]

Oh, faces of death disturbed me for days after seeing it....I know there was a lot of talk that much of it was fake, but it sure looked real to me. I get sick just thinking about it....

Saw actually had a method to it's madness. It's been a while since I've seen it, but the main character behind the scenes is very ill, and thus he finds people who are otherwise healthy, but go about their life not appreciating their circumstances. He essentially puts them in positions to 'fight for their life' in order to wake them up and appreciate the fact that they are alive. Yes, he's also crazy, and a sick bastard. But my point is that there is at least some sort of depth and motive to the character....it's not just some mindless slasher flick that makes no sense and has no plot.

I'm not saying you'd enjoy it, but it's better than a lot of other offerings from the horror genre. Sure as hell better than 'The Grudge'!!!!! (sorry, Fez lol)

I love the Saw franchise BECAUSE its not simply aimed at grossing the audience out.

868111[/snapback]

Right....it's got a plot and it allows you to believe that the writers really did intend to entertain you.

Oh yeah, my number one choice is To Kill A Mockingbird... actually think it's a good (not great) movie. But when the AFI said that Atticus Finch was the #1 movie hero of all time, I wanted to hurl, :doh: cause Gregory Hack Peck is my least favorite "old-school Hollywood" actor of all time, and that turned me against the film. Only a stupid poll, but it still pissed me off. :lol:

867849[/snapback]

:lol: Great movie, better book... Peck is a little hollow, but he was great as Atticus...my nephew is named after Atticus Finch...I thought it was cool that Atticus won that poll, because it was such an unlikely result, if it was, indeed, a legit poll...better than friggin' Rocky Balboa!