Next Season; Game Outside US

Realist

Before the Superbowl, they are going to announce teams for a game to be played outside the US. With the trouble of selling out for Buffalo this year, I think the Bills are a prime candidate to play a regular season game in Toronto next year. In fact, I'd almost say its a foregone conclusion.

Before the Superbowl, they are going to announce teams for a game to be played outside the US.  With the trouble of selling out for Buffalo this year, I think the Bills are a prime candidate to play a regular season game in Toronto next year.  In fact, I'd almost say its a foregone conclusion.

865537[/snapback]

You're probably right... I bet it's the Dallas game.

If playing one game a year in Toronto every year would help keep the team in Buffalo, I would be willing to endure it.

865553[/snapback]

I don't know how playing in Toronto will help the Bills or Wilson. Wilson gets a big chunk of money from the gates on game day, that he does not have to share with any one else (his portion). However, playing in Toronto means, the Toronto organizer is going to take a big chunk of the gate receipts leaving only a small portion for Wilson.

We play Dallas next year ? I am willing to bet it will be touted as, as will likely look like, the superbowl preview game.

865791[/snapback]

Yes, we play the NFC East, the AFC North, and 2 AFC opponents TBD (1 AFC West & 1 AFC South).

Someone might want to pin this...

Buffalo Bills Opponents Through 2009

(It seems to come up from time to time.)

:w00t: An interesting thing about that schedule is that the furthest trip the Bills will likely have is to Miami....Ralph should not have a problem selling out the Giants and Cowboys....it's too bad Bledsoe will not be playing but hysterical if he is still on the Cowboys while "the Kid" takes on Tony Homo...

I don't know how playing in Toronto will help the Bills or Wilson.  Wilson gets a big chunk of money from the gates on game day, that he does not have to share with any one else (his portion).  However, playing in Toronto means, the Toronto organizer is going to take  a big chunk of the gate receipts leaving only a small portion for Wilson.

865754[/snapback]

Actually, the financial impact to RW is minimal - revenues from Bills' ticket sales (and all other NFL teams) go to a general fund shared by all 32 teams and, since the organizer of a Toronto game would be the NFL, the ticket revenue would still go to the general fund and tthere would be no impact. As for loss of local revenue that RW gets to keep for himself (luxury suites, parking, etc.), the impact would also be negligible, as I doubt Ralph would refund any monies from a multi-year luxury suite lease for just one game.

But the point is moot since, as dhq already posted, the NFL has ruledout a game in Toronto next year due to their hosting the CFL's Grey Cup...

NFL opens door to Toronto

Vancouver is a still a possibility, or perhaps Nick from England will get to see the Bills play there next season...

Toronto to miss out on NFL Game

Actually, the financial impact to RW is minimal - revenues from Bills' ticket sales (and all other NFL teams) go to a general fund shared by all 32 teams and, since the organizer of a Toronto game would be the NFL, the ticket revenue would still go to the general fund and tthere would be no impact.  As for loss of local revenue that RW gets to keep for himself (luxury suites, parking, etc.), the impact would also be negligible, as I doubt Ralph would refund any monies from a multi-year luxury suite lease for just one game.

But the point is moot since, as dhq already posted, the NFL has ruledout a game in Toronto next year due to their hosting the CFL's Grey Cup...

NFL opens door to Toronto

Vancouver is a still a possibility, or perhaps Nick from England will get to see the Bills play there next season...

Toronto to miss out on NFL Game

865893[/snapback]

I think it was recently changed to 60% for the home team and 40% into the general pool for the visiting team that is dividing evenly by the 32 teams.

http://www.sportseconomics.com/Images/PDF/...pectivevol2.pdf