That's life

LevysEraII

Football will always be about team chemistry. It's the ultimate team game. Washington is a prime example of how you cannot buy the biggest name free agents and coaches, plug them in and automatically win. You have to draft well and make that one big signing (ala Drew Brees) to get you over the hump.

I agree that the big markets will have an unfair advantage, especially when it comes to keeping your star players (like Nate Clements). but it doesn't mean those big market teams will automatically be better.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go ahead, flame away all you want. I'm the bad guy. Let's just forget about the fact that RW said The Bills are being pushed out of Buffalo.

BTW. I'm pulling a John Kerry. The Bills will spend freely this offseason like it was cellulite off of Rosie O'Donnell's ass.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20061...?tbd1055598.asp

Very disturbing article on many levels. The possibility of the Bills leaving buffalo is no longer a possibility in my mind anymore. It is going to happen. I do not like the quotes from Wilson in that article. Especially this one:

"People in Buffalo should enjoy this team, because they're pushing us out"

We need some good news on this front very soon. Does anyone on this board have any? Am I painting to bleak of a picture? That Ralph Wilson quote is very telling to me and it's causing me to start thinking of which team I will support when this does happen. (hint: it won't be the LA Bills!).

My friend who lives in buffalo and works in the Buffalo media has been telling me this for the last couple years and now I'm really starting to beleive him.

864086[/snapback]

This isn't the first time Ralph has cried poor and it won't be the last. I believe the chances of the Bills moving are pretty slim, assuming they are not sold to an owner who is actively looking to move the team to another city.

This isn't the first time Ralph has cried poor and it won't be the last.  I believe the chances of the Bills moving are pretty slim, assuming they are not sold to an owner who is actively looking to move the team to another city.

864184[/snapback]

That's pretty much what I believe. This is nothing more than posturing by Ralph. This certainly hasn't been the first time he's screamed about this over the past few years and it won't be the last.

Call me crazy, but I believe that between Golisano, Wegman and Rich, someone will play the role of the white knight and keep this team from going anywhere.

This isn't the first time Ralph has cried poor and it won't be the last.  I believe the chances of the Bills moving are pretty slim, assuming they are not sold to an owner who is actively looking to move the team to another city.

864184[/snapback]

Ralphie will continue to beat his chest about large market vs. small market. He wants help and he thinks that this is the best way to get the league office to see things his way.

Wonder what kind of poker player Ralph is?

I could NEVER root for the Bills if they left Western NY. EVER.

864140[/snapback]

If the Bills left, I'd leave.

They are the main reason I went to school in Fredonia and stayed here after graduation. I love going to the games and really look forward to the home opener every year.

Our economy is lousy and the taxes are horrid. The Bills are one of the few reasons remaining to love this town/area.

I can only imagine what kind of impact the team leaving would have on the economy and psyche of WNY.

I don't follow the revenue sharing stuff very closely because there isn't a lot I can do. I read up on it and keep track, but I don't live in NYS and certainly can't buy tickets or anything. You know, bad stuff doesn't exist if you ignore it!  Seriously though, petitions, complaints, and angry letters don't decide this stuff.

That said, if it *is* as bad as this recent blurb makes it out to be (and it very well might be a shock statement) it seems to me that the only way to keep them in the general area would be to do something about market size.

I know others have balked at it, but I keep thinking that the LA thing is a non-issue. I think Toronto is more likely as they've got the Southern Ontario fan base already.  We've had a couple threads on it, but it makes the most logical sense to me. The NFL has expressed interest in moving outside of the US borders, too.

-Jeff

864094[/snapback]

I fail to understand how Buffalo is considered to be a small market with Toronto 2 hours away. What about just moving the Stadium across the border around the Niagara Falls area? It's a booming economy. You can build a new stadium there and still call it the Buffalo Bills.......I think you might get more higher paying Canadians at the game that way.

Just a thought.

according to my sources, a wealthy business man has decided to buy the team.

details coming...

864138[/snapback]

Barry Sanders is thinking about making a comeback.......Marv is talking to his agent as we speak....details to follow.................

Spending to the cap has nothing to do with the small market teams being at a disadvantage under the new CBA.   The Bills were in the top 10 in payroll at the end of the SB run.  

But if Snyder & Company keep screwing the small market teams the way they are, they'll continue to have the extra cash flow to fund mega signing bonuses, irrepairably tilting the level playing field that the NFL salary structure has been built on.

864139[/snapback]

Irrepairably? If the problem isn't the cap going up but instead the signing bonuses going up as you claim, wouldn't putting a hard limit on all signing bonuses solve the problem?