That's life

LevysEraII

So the two options are Ralph sells the team and the new owners move the team or Ralph just moves the team. Ralph is not saying HE is poor or cannot make money owning a NFL franchise. What he is saying is he makes 7 mil a year from luxury boxes and other teams make 50 mil a year from them. Since that money does not get shared, small market teams like Buffalo start with a 43 mil dollar deficit to in cash on hand to pay free agents a signing bonus.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You never said he was being cheap?

Did you not write the title of this thread "Ralph Wilson Lubing us up for a CHEAP offseason?

864136[/snapback]

LMAO.....thanks!

Not to mention his other references for Ralph to sell the team. Not spend money etc.....

Yeah, his post was in full support of Ralph.

:beer:

You never said he was being cheap?

Did you not write the title of this thread "Ralph Wilson Lubing us up for a CHEAP offseason?

864136[/snapback]

Sure, I said that, but I wasn't accusing RW of being cheap. He HAS to be cheap. He's not being a cheap-skate just because he wants to.

So the two options are Ralph sells the team and the new owners move the team or Ralph just moves the team.  Ralph is not saying HE is poor or cannot make money owning a NFL franchise.  What he is saying is he makes 7 mil a year from luxury boxes and other teams make 50 mil a year from them.  Since that money does not get shared, small market teams like Buffalo start with a 43 mil dollar deficit to in cash on hand to pay free agents a signing  bonus.

864144[/snapback]

So hard to figure out isn't it? I can't believe the moronic mentality that other Bills fans can't comprehend about this.

The only guy in the world who could take this franchise and keep it in Buffalo, while keeping it competitve with other NFL cities would be people like Bill Gates.

At least, if the NFL keeps up this moronic type of financing. It'll be baseball in 15 years, and then no one will care anymore in about 20 of the 32 cities.

They'll learn the hard way too.

If they HAD to move, I think the first Canadian franchise in Toronto would be a better long term bet than LA.  You keep many of the Western New York and Ontario base, and build on the Toronto metro area.  I'm going to find it very difficult to root for a team that is not the "Buffalo" Bills, but I'd still be interested in the team if it had to move to Toronto.

864111[/snapback]

That would be a terrific benefit for the AWOL father of the year. I'll bet he would buy season tickets.

IF the Bills were to move my interest in the NFL would go down 75 %. No more NFL Sunday Ticket for me. The overall product has gone downhill the last 10 years anyway. The Bills are the only thing keeping me interested.

That would be a terrific benefit for the AWOL father of the year.  I'll bet he would buy season tickets.

864164[/snapback]

He wouldn't buy them. His mommy would buy them for him, and she'd buy one ticket so he could just sit on her lap the entire game.

I always thought 33 was too old to still be breastfeeding.

What was the cap back then? $35 million???

864163[/snapback]

Yeah, probably, something a team like the Bills could actually afford.

Again, for those who can't comprehend, everytime the NFL owners build these ultra rich cities a new stadium, IT PUSHES THE CAP UP EVEN MORE.

Thus, if Buffalo's revenue streams are maxed out......they WILL NOT be able to compete.

Bad deal for Buffalo.

It's not hard to comprehend people. It really isn't. Trust what he's saying. He's not saying he's broke, but he is saying, the system is heading that way very fast.

Don't forget Festivus!

(For the rest of us.)

;)

864143[/snapback]

See, here's a perfect example of why we need the :fu back. I break my back trying to include persons of all faiths/backgrounds/sexual preferences and what does it get me? Aggravation, that's what. :beer::doh:

I'm an emotional wreck.

See, here's a perfect example of why we need the :fu back.  I break my back trying to include persons of all faiths/backgrounds/sexual preferences and what does it get me?  Aggravation, that's what. :beer:  :doh:

I'm an emotional wreck.

864171[/snapback]

Sorry. You should try one of these...

;)

Cheers!