I can't believe no one is talking about Youboty.

BoondckCL

I heard his name called a couple of times on gang tackles, and he ran up to Fletcher after he made the interception. That's about it.

863913[/snapback]

Then I can't believe nobody's talking about him. What the hell is going on with us?

Then I can't believe nobody's talking about him. What the hell is going on with us?

863918[/snapback]

I don't know, we certainly made time to talk about Kiwaukee Thomas, but not our third round pick?

I was wondering if anybody saw him in coverage. Maybe somebody saw a reason in his play that he hasn't had any action until now. Who knows.

He tipped the ball on Clement's INT.... i thought he played a very well game. He reminds me alot of Antoine Winfield.

I'm glad he is able to play again after his personal issues, and hopefully he learns alot in the next 3 games so he can be that much more of a compete player next season. Great pick up he was.

I heard his name called a couple of times on gang tackles, and he ran up to Fletcher after he made the interception. That's about it.

863913[/snapback]

Actually the Youbouty play on Sunday is most notable in that he actually was one of our starters. The surprising thing to me was that he actually was named as our starter at weakside LB according to the NFL Notebook. My recollection was that the TV announcers said it was Ellison starting in Cowell's place, but given that the official gamenotes credit Toubouty with one of hid assisted tackles early in the game and Ellison is not listed as coming in to substitute until the game was well underway, I think this is likely once again a case of the media being wrong about a fairly fundamental point.

Why would Jauron.Fewell start Youbouty seemingly out of position? Several reasons I would guess at:

1. This wrinkle provided Pennington, Schottenheimer and the Jets with something to think about off the bat. Should they simply go with their gameplan and attempt to beat the Bills straight up first? Should they look to pick on this rookie playing out of position that he was drafted for? If you do pick on him then how, with the TE by sending the back into the pass pattern or simply by running to the weakside?

Whatever the Jets did, did not work the first couple of series and Pennington seemed to have difficulty getting a rythym. The queer set up may have been a part of this. It certainly was an approach that seemed to pinch down on the Jets tendency to use short passes alot. It makes sense that the Bills in fact would use what is in essence a 4/2/5 as the weak running Jets team was primarily stopped by the front four and clamping down on the short passing game makes some sense.

2, The Bills actually are showing a bias toward playing 5 DBs now that they have to go with Cowell. Not only was Youbouty apparently employed as an LB, but Coy Wire re-emerged as a contributing Bill not at the safety position where he historically kept getting burned, but as a lighterweight than normal LB. This move regarding Wire actually makes sense as he has a better rep as a tackler than as a coverage guy. Playing him as an LB (particularly on the weakside where he does not draw directly the TE coverage role means that his coverage skills which are substandard for a DB actually might prove to be an asset against the poorer route running and lesser hands of many RBs versus WRs.

3. The move really expresses a lot of confidence in Youbouty's brain to rely on him not getting confused playing a new position and also his tackling ability as he was being counted upon to lay the lumber on the NYJ RB by committee.

Overall, I think it really comes off as whining to complain about Youbouty's play. He started on a D which stood up to and confused the NYJ O pretty well. Oennington, usually a very good decision-maker came off as tentative and ineffective to start, drove his team to a lead with the help of a solid return and a turnover, but was simply shut down for the Bills as our pass coverage scheme led to a TD on an UNT and several sacks and pressures as Pennington did not get the ball off quickly to his first choices.

I think Youbouty did a good job and the fact the he was a starter and logged some good minutes playing against a team who could not score sufficiently to stay in the game indicates that his unit did well and certainly was not dragged down by any faults has with the particulars of his play.

Actually the Youbouty play on Sunday is most notable in that he actually was one of our starters.  The surprising thing to me was that he actually was named as our starter at weakside LB according to the NFL Notebook.  My recollection was that the TV announcers  said it was Ellison starting in Cowell's place, but given that the official gamenotes credit Toubouty with one of hid assisted tackles early in the game and Ellison is not listed as coming in to substitute until the game was well underway, I think this is likely once again a case of the media being wrong about a fairly fundamental point.

Why would Jauron.Fewell start Youbouty seemingly out of position?  Several reasons I would guess at:

1. This wrinkle provided Pennington, Schottenheimer and the Jets with something to think about off the bat.  Should they simply go with their gameplan and attempt to beat the Bills straight up first?  Should they look to pick on this rookie playing out of position that he was drafted for? If you do pick on him then how, with the TE by sending the back into the pass pattern or simply by running to the weakside?

Whatever the Jets did, did not work the first couple of series and Pennington seemed to have difficulty getting a rythym.  The queer set up may have been a part of this.  It certainly was an approach that seemed to pinch down on the Jets tendency to use short passes alot.  It makes sense that the Bills in fact would use what is in essence a 4/2/5 as the weak running Jets team was primarily stopped by the front four and clamping down on the short passing game makes some sense.

2, The Bills actually are showing a bias toward playing 5 DBs now that they have to go with Cowell.  Not only was Youbouty apparently employed as an LB, but Coy Wire re-emerged as a contributing Bill not at the safety position where he historically kept getting burned, but as a lighterweight than normal LB.  This move regarding Wire actually makes sense as he has a better rep as a tackler than as a coverage guy.  Playing him as an LB (particularly on the weakside where he does not draw directly the TE coverage role means that his coverage skills which are substandard for a DB actually might prove to be an asset against the poorer route running and lesser hands of many RBs versus WRs.

3. The move really expresses a lot of confidence in Youbouty's brain to rely on him not getting confused playing a new position and also his tackling ability as he was being counted upon to lay the lumber on the NYJ  RB by committee.

Overall, I think it really comes off as whining to complain about Youbouty's play.  He started on a D which stood up to and confused the NYJ O pretty well.  Oennington, usually a very good decision-maker came off as tentative and ineffective to start, drove his team to a lead with the help of a solid return and a turnover, but was simply shut down for the Bills as our pass coverage scheme led to a TD on an UNT and several sacks and pressures as Pennington did not get the ball off quickly to his first choices.

I think Youbouty did a good job and the fact the he was a starter and logged some good minutes playing against a team who could not score sufficiently to stay in the game indicates that his unit did well and certainly was not dragged down by any faults has with the particulars of his play.

863938[/snapback]

I don't believe it is all that complex. The Bills simply started out playing nickel, and since McGee was out of the lineup (place taken by Thomas), Youboty got the "start" as the extra DB.

Actually the Youbouty play on Sunday is most notable in that he actually was one of our starters.  The surprising thing to me was that he actually was named as our starter at weakside LB according to the NFL Notebook.  My recollection was that the TV announcers  said it was Ellison starting in Cowell's place, but given that the official gamenotes credit Toubouty with one of hid assisted tackles early in the game and Ellison is not listed as coming in to substitute until the game was well underway, I think this is likely once again a case of the media being wrong about a fairly fundamental point.

Why would Jauron.Fewell start Youbouty seemingly out of position?  Several reasons I would guess at:

1. This wrinkle provided Pennington, Schottenheimer and the Jets with something to think about off the bat.  Should they simply go with their gameplan and attempt to beat the Bills straight up first?  Should they look to pick on this rookie playing out of position that he was drafted for? If you do pick on him then how, with the TE by sending the back into the pass pattern or simply by running to the weakside?

Whatever the Jets did, did not work the first couple of series and Pennington seemed to have difficulty getting a rythym.  The queer set up may have been a part of this.  It certainly was an approach that seemed to pinch down on the Jets tendency to use short passes alot.  It makes sense that the Bills in fact would use what is in essence a 4/2/5 as the weak running Jets team was primarily stopped by the front four and clamping down on the short passing game makes some sense.

2, The Bills actually are showing a bias toward playing 5 DBs now that they have to go with Cowell.  Not only was Youbouty apparently employed as an LB, but Coy Wire re-emerged as a contributing Bill not at the safety position where he historically kept getting burned, but as a lighterweight than normal LB.  This move regarding Wire actually makes sense as he has a better rep as a tackler than as a coverage guy.  Playing him as an LB (particularly on the weakside where he does not draw directly the TE coverage role means that his coverage skills which are substandard for a DB actually might prove to be an asset against the poorer route running and lesser hands of many RBs versus WRs.

3. The move really expresses a lot of confidence in Youbouty's brain to rely on him not getting confused playing a new position and also his tackling ability as he was being counted upon to lay the lumber on the NYJ  RB by committee.

Overall, I think it really comes off as whining to complain about Youbouty's play.  He started on a D which stood up to and confused the NYJ O pretty well.  Oennington, usually a very good decision-maker came off as tentative and ineffective to start, drove his team to a lead with the help of a solid return and a turnover, but was simply shut down for the Bills as our pass coverage scheme led to a TD on an UNT and several sacks and pressures as Pennington did not get the ball off quickly to his first choices.

863938[/snapback]

:doh: wow, i guess you never thought of the fact that we started the game in nickel, which takes out a LB and puts in another CB.... Youboty :beer:

He reminds me alot of Antoine Winfield.

863928[/snapback]

Why because he wears the same number. :beer:

I saw him a couple times in there. The camera didn't pan enough to what he was doing during the game though. But obviously thats a good thing if his name isn't being called that much. Just like Terrance Pennington. Sometimes silence from the announcers with your name is a good thing.

The guy was our !@#$ing third round pick and saw some action on Sunday. What's going on with you people?

863908[/snapback]

Happy now.....Everyone is talking about the him.

I hope he doesn't get a complex. :beer: