The new, mature, Peerless Price

ChicagoRic

Whatever happened to the brash, flashy, pouty Peerless?

This new Peerless Price is a different breed altogether. Keeps his mouth shut and makes tough sideline catches. I daresay he has the best toes of an Bills WR in recent memory. That kind of body control tells me that even though the afterburners might not burn quite as hot, he takes the ART of being a WR very seriously.

Happy to see him here. He's a nice complement to our new #1 Evans, and our new brash and flashy guy, Parrish. For lack of a better comparison, he fills the Lofton/Billy Brooks role.

My level best,

Eric C

ChicagoRic

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever happened to the brash, flashy, pouty Peerless?

This new Peerless Price is a different breed altogether.  Keeps his mouth shut and makes tough sideline catches.  I daresay he has the best toes of an Bills WR in recent memory.  That kind of body control tells me that even though the afterburners might not burn quite as hot, he takes the ART of being a WR very seriously. 

Happy to see him here.  He's a nice complement to our new #1 Evans, and our new brash and flashy guy, Parrish.  For lack of a better comparison, he fills the Lofton/Billy Brooks role.

My level best,

Eric C

ChicagoRic

863724[/snapback]

[also posting from the windy city]

he's been a suitable stand-in for the time being. the night the beatles first played on the ed sullivan show, George Harrison was sick and unable to attend the rehearsal during that day. Because the camera crew needed to go through the blocking for that night's performance, John Lennon asked the janitor to stand in for George pretending his mop was a guitar. Price is the janitor, this season is the rehearsal and I can't wait to see who we have playing there next year...

Slap?  Like open-hand Rick James Charlie Murphy slap?

863749[/snapback]

I'm not sure what a Rick James Charlie Murphy is, but yeah it was an open-handed slap. He and one of the Jet DB's were sort of jawing while disengaging after a play and Peerless slapped him in the head. It wasn't vicious or anything but if an official had caught it he'd have definitely drawn a 15.

My only question is who goes? Evans and Parrish aren't going anywhere. Andre' Davis has proven to be one HELL of a Special Teamer and we all know of Aiken's ST's contributions. You have to assume that we'll only keep 6 WR's on the roster and that's 4 right there.

I agree, Josh Reed and Peerless Price are good #3's. But neither one is a viable option to take pressure off of Lee. Whether that means we sign a guy like Drew Bennett or draft a guy like Dwayne Jarrett remains to be seen. But if we do that, then we'll only have one roster spot left for Price or Reed.

Both WR's were signed to 4-yr, $10 million contracts (which I thought was pretty dumb). That's a lot of money and contract to eat on one of those guys.

I dare say #1 receiver is the real need.  Evans is a great burner, and a good receiver, but I think an Eric Moulds (or Calvin Johnson) type opposite him would be much better.

863742[/snapback]

Actually, what you're saying is that a tough possession receiver who can make catches in traffic is a real need. Which makes perfect sense...Price and Evans complement each other poorly, but each was complemented nicely by Eric Moulds.

Doesn't mean Evans isn't a #1 receiver, though...it means he needs a receiver on the field with him who isn't a wilting flower.

My only question is who goes? Evans and Parrish aren't going anywhere. Andre' Davis has proven to be one HELL of a Special Teamer and we all know of Aiken's ST's contributions. You have to assume that we'll only keep 6 WR's on the roster and that's 4 right there.

I agree, Josh Reed and Peerless Price are good #3's. But neither one is a viable option to take pressure off of Lee. Whether that means we sign a guy like Drew Bennett or draft a guy like Dwayne Jarrett remains to be seen. But if we do that, then we'll only have one roster spot left for Price or Reed.

Both WR's were signed to 4-yr, $10 million contracts (which I thought was pretty dumb). That's a lot of money and contract to eat on one of those guys.

863755[/snapback]

it seems to me that this will be a moot point until 2008. Since there isn't one guy the Bills would cut without hesitation, and because there are plenty of needs elsewhere, I don't foresee WR being a big offseason issue.

I'm not sure what a Rick James Charlie Murphy is, but yeah it was an open-handed slap.

863753[/snapback]

Wow...you've managed to avoid hearing any reference to that Dave Chappelle skit? Good for you man...seriously. I actually wish I had forgotten about it by now. :thumbsup:

He and one of the Jet DB's were sort of jawing while disengaging after a play and Peerless slapped him in the head. It wasn't vicious or anything but if an official had caught it he'd have definitely drawn a 15.

863753[/snapback]

Oh okay...not a big deal. But old habits die hard I guess...

863755[/snapback]

Is it really wise to keep 2 recievers on the roster who can't contribute on offense in any way?

Slap?  Like open-hand Rick James Charlie Murphy slap?

863749[/snapback]

"Hey Charlie Murphy..wanna hear a new joke? What did the five fingers say to the face?" SMACK.

I wish I had two more hands....so I could give those tities four thumbs down!!

Is it really wise to keep 2 recievers on the roster who can't contribute on offense in any way?

863766[/snapback]

Yes, it's what we're doing right now actually (and have been doing for years).

Generally, your 5th and 6th WR's are designated as ST's contributers. They don't usually sniff the field. They're still WR's who can play if given the opportunity.

But Price and Reed don't play ST's. So does it make sense to have them at 5 or 6 given those circumstances?

No.

863755[/snapback]

I think Hands of Stone Reed is expendable.

I'm not sure what a Rick James Charlie Murphy is, but yeah it was an open-handed slap. He and one of the Jet DB's were sort of jawing while disengaging after a play and Peerless slapped him in the head. It wasn't vicious or anything but if an official had caught it he'd have definitely drawn a 15.

863753[/snapback]

You sure that it was an unsportsmanlike slap? I"ve seen players slap each other all the time, but you can tell it's not an anger thing. If he had slapped the Jet as an aggressive move, I would've expected the Jet player to respond, you know?

CW

You sure that it was an unsportsmanlike slap?  I"ve seen players slap each other all the time, but you can tell it's not an anger thing.  If he had slapped the Jet as an aggressive move, I would've expected the Jet player to respond, you know?

CW

863818[/snapback]

I'd say the average person knows the difference b/w a playful after-the-play slap like that was and an intentional, real slap.

Now, the average ref.... :thumbsup: Different story, mornin' glory!

You sure that it was an unsportsmanlike slap?

Yes

If he had slapped the Jet as an aggressive move, I would've expected the Jet player to respond, you know?

Apparently he was the one guy in the argument who had the sense to keep his hands down.

Old opinions die hard around here. While his numbers are fairly pedestrian, I've seen some real nice things at times this year from Price. He's been involved in blocking downfield more than he ever was the first time here. Plus he's made some very clutch catches, and shows good body control as mentioned. The numbers he got for his contract aren't really that significant IMO as compared to some of the reactions around here. It would be nice if he didn't dissapear at times, but he sure is a different player this time around. Could the position be improved? Yes. Bot he's certainly playing hard out there, and has contibuted at key moments. Wr's are not all Moulds type bruisers.