Update: Blacked Out

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again...no bitching allowed by the locals if this game is blacked out.  Tickets make great Christmas presents...

863358[/snapback]

Depends to who, my girlfried, who's coming with me to the Titans game, (my brother is coming with me to the phins game) said that the tickets don't count as a christmas present. :(

Good thing I payed less then face value for both of them about a month ago on Ebay :thumbsup::beer:

Depends to who, my girlfriend, who's coming with me to the Titans game, (my brother is coming with me to the phins game) said that the tickets don't count as a christmas present.  :thumbsup:

863367[/snapback]

Better start looking for a new girlfriend then.

Calls into focus once again this trumped up myth of an idea that the Bills/Dolphins still constitute a "rivalry".

863661[/snapback]

Yup........I have been one to defend the rivalry for MANY years now. I will hate the stinking Dolphins until the day I die.

But the fact is, if we can't sell out this game given the fact that the playoffs are still a possibility (as remote as the chances may be), then the rivalry will officially be DEAD.

Yes, it will still exist to a few of us "diehard and extreme" fans, but as far as it being a recognized rivalry to the general public, it will be dead. Maybe it has been dead for a while now, but if this game against the Dolphins does not sell out, it will be the last nail in the coffin. This is a game that has sold out every time no matter how bad the Bills have been through the years. And now, with the playoffs still a possibility in DECEMBER, it isn't looking good. I don't think that there is a chance to sell this out. That is a real dissapointment.

I think it has been a sellout since 1987.

I try to make the game in December every year. I am happy to make it to the games that I can.

I believe they said 6,500 tickets at 6 o'clock. I blame the economy more than the lack of a rivalry!

I will always hate the Miami Dolphins.

Yup........I have been one to defend the rivalry for MANY years now.  I will hate the stinking Dolphins until the day I die. 

But the fact is, if we can't sell out this game given the fact that the playoffs are still a possibility (as remote as the chances may be), then the rivalry will officially be DEAD. 

Yes, it will still exist to a few of us "diehard and extreme" fans, but as far as it being a recognized rivalry to the general public, it will be dead.  Maybe it has been dead for a while now, but if this game against the Dolphins does not sell out, it will be the last nail in the coffin.  This is a game that has sold out every time no matter how bad the Bills have been through the years.  And now, with the playoffs still a possibility in DECEMBER, it isn't looking good.  I don't think that there is a chance to sell this out.  That is a real dissapointment.

863773[/snapback]

Do the math... :beer:  :doh:

Ain't no slap in the face... They just don't have the market to make it happen consistently... The Ralph needs 10k less seats.

863804[/snapback]

Amen!

Buffalo is one of the smallest markets with one of the largest stadiums.

Easiest way to reduce 10K seats? Make the seats large enough for the average adult. The game would already be sold out!

Calls into focus once again this trumped up myth of an idea that the Bills/Dolphins still constitute a "rivalry".

863661[/snapback]

Trumped up rivalry? Its a direct result of poor advance sales because the Bills fans are tired of losing. That things have turned around over the past few weeks is a pleasant suprise to everyone.

Just because they are a rival (aren't all the teams in our division huge rivals anyway?) doesn't mean we should put good money after bad.

Amen!

Buffalo is one of the smallest markets with one of the largest stadiums.

Easiest way to reduce 10K seats? Make the seats large enough for the average adult. The game would already be sold out!

864050[/snapback]

Yeah and when the Bills are great, 10,000 people who would dream of being there can't be.... genius marketing plan man!

Yeah and when the Bills are great, 10,000 people who would dream of being there can't be.... genius marketing plan man!

864100[/snapback]

actually it is a very good marketing plan, the Bills, even when bad would be able to sell out the stadium, and when they are good, the place would sell out quickly and drive rices for tickets up because there is more of a demand for less seats.

Jacksonville does it, they covered up 10,000 seats so they could sell out every game, the only problem is they cannot sell any of those seats even if they sell out the rest of the stadium.

actually it is a very good marketing plan, the Bills, even when bad would be able to sell out the stadium, and when they are good, the place would sell out quickly and drive rices for tickets up because there is more of a demand for less seats.

Jacksonville does it, they covered up 10,000 seats so they could sell out every game, the only problem is they cannot sell any of those seats even if they sell out the rest of the stadium.

864113[/snapback]

It doesn't help the Bills either when people buy their tickets off of e-bay...you're buying a ticket that has already been sold, so you're not putting a dent in that 6,500. It doesn't matter if those season ticket holders trying to sell their tickets don't show up, if their seat is sold, it still counts toward the sell out. What we need is people buying those upper deck seats.