God I hate the Patriots!

The Avenger

Just found out that the Boston TV market will NOT be showing the Bills Jets game at 4pm on Sunday even though it has 2 AFC East dvision rivals. Boston is the only market in the entire Northeast that will show Denver vs. San Diego.

I guess when you're that :) smug that you have the division all sewn up you can focus your attention on AFC teams outside of your division as you look to the playoffs. Damn I hate that team - bunch of arrogant :) .

I hope the ;) Pats choke on it and the Jets take the division. These :worthy: are unbearable - I hope they die painful deaths. :worthy:

Just found out that the Boston TV market will NOT be showing the Bills Jets game at 4pm on Sunday even though it has 2 AFC East dvision rivals. Boston is the only market in the entire Northeast that will show Denver vs. San Diego.

I guess when you're that  :)  smug that you have the division all sewn up you can focus your attention on AFC teams outside of your division as you look to the playoffs. Damn I hate that team - bunch of arrogant  :) .

I hope the  ;)  Pats choke on it and the Jets take the division.  These  :worthy:  are unbearable - I hope they die painful deaths.  :worthy:

859261[/snapback]

:censored: yeah!

You :censored: tell em.

:censored: :censored: ers

Boston does not change the games the league tells them what games can be shown in an area. Plus the Bills will be at 1 again.

859270[/snapback]

The Jets game is staying at 4 - the Miami game the following week was moved back to 1.

Doesn't matter if it's the league or the folks in Boston who decide the game - SOMEBODY feels it's more important for the Patriots fans to look past any division rivals and start sizing up th competition for the playoffs. That's some serious :) smugness or arrogance no matter who makes the call.

Boston does not change the games the league tells them what games can be shown in an area. Plus the Bills will be at 1 again.

859270[/snapback]

Wrong. The games are regionalized , and the main game in the northeast would be jets-bills. The Boston affiliate has obviously petitioned the league to allow chargers/broncos to be shown. They must feel that game is more intriguing in the race for home field advantage. My calculations, however have the Pats behind SD, Baltimore and the Colts if they were to finish with identical records as far as bye weeks are concerned. The Pats 3 losses were all to AFC teams and they lost head to head w/ Colts. So while Pats fans can delude themselves, the odds are they will be going the wild card route in AFC playoffs. :w00t:

So while Pats fans can delude themselves, the odds are they will be going the wild card route in AFC playoffs. :w00t:

859329[/snapback]

Your kidding right?

The Pats are not going to be a wild card team. They will once again win the AFC East. The Jets will not make up 2 games on the Pats to take over the lead

Your kidding right?

The Pats are not going to be a wild card team. They will once again win the AFC East. The Jets will not make up 2 games on the Pats to take over the lead

859339[/snapback]

I am guessing he meant that the while the Pats will win the AFC East, they will have to play in the Wildcard round as the third or fourth seed.

the Boston affiliate is probably right anyway SD-Denver 'd be a better game than Bills-Jets...

859343[/snapback]

Except that with the Jets game there's the Mangini connection (ex-Pats defensive coach) and Belicheck hates him. There's far more interest in that game from a regional perspective. If the Pats have any control over what gets televised (not sure they really have a say in the matter, though) then one could make a case that the scumbag coach of the Paytoilets had the league switch the games because of his hatred for Mangini.

I guess when you're that  :w00t:  smug that you have the division all sewn up you can focus your attention on AFC teams outside of your division as you look to the playoffs. Damn I hate that team - bunch of arrogant  :doh: .

I hope the  :oops:  Pats choke on it and the Jets take the division.  These  :doh:  are unbearable - I hope they die painful deaths.  :doh:

859261[/snapback]

Go to the Harp

Go to the Harp

859381[/snapback]

Love the Harp - been a member of the Backers there for a decade. Problem is that it's an hour away from me, and frankly, I get tired of blowing parts of my Sunday driving in and out of the city and paying for parking. For once is it too much to ask that a game featuring 2 division rivals of the Pats actually be broadcast in Boston?

The Jets game is staying at 4 - the Miami game the following week was moved back to 1.

Doesn't matter if it's the league or the folks in Boston who decide the game - SOMEBODY feels it's more important for the Patriots fans to look past any division rivals and start sizing up th competition for the playoffs. That's some serious  :w00t:  smugness or arrogance no matter who makes the call.

859275[/snapback]

When the Miami Vs Bills game has no impact on the top of AFC East, I don't have any problem with them sizing up their potential playoff opponents. Last time I check if the Jets lose this week and the Pats win at Miami, the Pats take the AFC East crown.

I guess when you're that  :w00t:  smug that you have the division all sewn up you can focus your attention on AFC teams outside of your division as you look to the playoffs. Damn I hate that team - bunch of arrogant  :doh: .

I hope the  :oops:  Pats choke on it and the Jets take the division.  These  :doh:  are unbearable - I hope they die painful deaths.  :doh:

859261[/snapback]

We will hate them until we can beat them on a regular basis. If we make the kinds of improvements we need to this offseason, I think we can take both from them next year. We came close the first time.

When the Miami Vs Bills game has no impact on the top of AFC East, I don't have any problem with them sizing up their potential playoff opponents.  Last time I check if the Jets lose this week and the Pats win at Miami, the Pats take the AFC East crown.

859438[/snapback]

On the other hand, if you flip those results (Jets W / Pats L), the Jets would be a single game behind New England AND have a better division record. Jets have Minnesota, Miami, and Oakland left after this weekend, thus a realistic shot to run the table; the division title is still in play.

Love the Harp - been a member of the Backers there for a decade. Problem is that it's an hour away from me, and frankly, I get tired of blowing parts of my Sunday driving in and out of the city and paying for parking. For once is it too much to ask that a game featuring 2 division rivals of the Pats actually be broadcast in Boston?

859394[/snapback]

But the Harp also has my hat. That alone is worth the one hour drive.

859394[/snapback]

Too bad. When I used to live in Boston I would go to the Harp each and every Sunday. You're right about parking though...it never bothered me I guess because of my good friend, the Orange Line.