Just reviewed the stat line...

Kipers Hair

The once great TKO credited for 0.5 tackles today.  How much did that 1/2 tackle cost us today?  He'll look nice in a Redskin's Uni next year....

848937[/snapback]

I understand what you're saying, but I'm not ready to write him off just yet. He may not have gotten alot of tackles, but I saw him moving around alot and regularly in the middle of the action. As many have noted, his is typically a career ending injury and therefore we should reasonably give him more time to regain form. Perhaps he'll never be the beast we remember, but he may still become a solid player.

I understand what you're saying, but I'm not ready to write him off just yet.  He may not have gotten alot of tackles, but I saw him moving around alot and regularly in the middle of the action.  As many have noted, his is typically a career ending injury and therefore we should reasonably give him more time to regain form.  Perhaps he'll never be the beast we remember, but he may still become a solid player.

848947[/snapback]

Moving where to his bank to deposit his game check? The guy should have been cut before his cart made it back to the tunnel last season when the tendon snapped!

I tried watching TKO alot early in the game...and just seems like he is having trouble sheddiing blockers.....he'll go into a block and just be stood up every time....

He definately isnt the same...but i wouldnt ride him out of town just yet...

Besides, it's not as if Crowell did much either... except for MISS a ton of tackles.

848958[/snapback]

Our LB corps had a tough time today. Next to the OL, this is probably the next most important priority to upgrade in the off season. The secondary seemed like it was making the bulk of the stops on Jags running plays. That can't be a good thing. Fletcher cant have that much time left here and for a while I thought Spikes was injured or something.

Keeping Takeo for his year of rehab, his year of recovery and then cutting him the following year would be like breaking your leg, paying for the surgery and then chopping it off 2 weeks after the cast was removed and you couldn't run fast.

Achilles takes time and maybe he will never be the same. But the Bills management knew that he would be limited this year and I know they hope he will be vastly improved next year. If they didn't think that, they would have cut or traded him last offseason.

It sucks seeing him not be an animal out there, but there was no chance of that happening.

Moving where to his bank to deposit his game check? The guy should have been cut before his cart made it back to the tunnel last season when the tendon snapped!

848960[/snapback]

Whether or not that turns out to be true, that is just plain terrible to say about a guy who poured his heart and soul into this team and franchise to try and make them a playoff contender since we signed him.  I mean, come on.

The once great TKO credited for 0.5 tackles today.  How much did that 1/2 tackle cost us today?  He'll look nice in a Redskin's Uni next year....

848937[/snapback]

TKO looks like a non-factor. He gets a blocker on him and he is taken out of the play. Maybe he will make a comeback? Hard to say. I hope so because a healthy TKO is great player.

TKO looks like a non-factor.  He gets a blocker on him and he is taken out of the play.  Maybe he will make a comeback?  Hard to say.  I hope so because a healthy TKO is great player.

849055[/snapback]

He looks out of position to me alot. Over running plays, not keeping outside contain. That's got nothing to do with injury IMO. Looks to me like he has not adapted well to the strong side.

Besides, it's not as if Crowell did much either... except for MISS a ton of tackles.

848958[/snapback]

You have to be around the ball to miss tackles. Spikes is never there to have the opportunity to miss one. It's going to be a tough decision in the offseason on whether to give him another year (with his huge salary) to recover or not.

Keeping Takeo for his year of rehab, his year of recovery and then cutting him the following year would be like breaking your leg, paying for the surgery and then chopping it off 2 weeks after the cast was removed and you couldn't run fast.

Achilles takes time and maybe he will never be the same.  But the Bills management knew that he would be limited this year and I know they hope he will be vastly improved next year.  If they didn't think that, they would have cut or traded him last offseason.

It sucks seeing him not be an animal out there, but there was no chance of that happening.

849008[/snapback]

Yeah? Tell that to Tom Brady on the first play of the year!! :doh:

Yeah? Tell that to Tom Brady on the first play of the year!! :doh:

849699[/snapback]

Agreed. I like Spikes and plays like that show me that he still knows how to make things happen. It is just a physical impossibility to expect a high level of play from someone just over one year removed from one of the worst injuries in sports.

If the date is November 27, 2007 and I'm still seeing Spikes pull his Jeff Posey disappearing act, then yes, it may be time to part ways. Until then, impatience is not going to chance reality.

848937[/snapback]

His slow side to side movement mixed with the typical over pursuit of the D line is what is getting this team gashed for huge runs.

The BB and Marv will have to make a decision for him next year. The team did fine with Ellison, actually may have given up less run yards with him in there. Nothing against TKO, his drive or his personality but this team is a younger persons team, the only veteran getting on in years that I find necessary is London Fletcher-Baker.