Bills Game not sold out - Black Out

ACor58

The difference is that other teams are selling out their games now. Sellouts are now almost always a given in most NFL cities.

I am not saying anyone is obligated to buy a ticket. What I am saying is that because local people cannot afford to support this team all the time and considering the lowest ticket prices in the league, stuff like this increases the chance that the Bills will move in the long run.

846984[/snapback]

Thank you - someone else who get's it...

I've been saying the same thing since Tuesday and have been accused of being negative.

Hopefully the bills will kill the jaguars and the remaining season will sell out.

But this is an embarassment.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it mean they will move no. BUT being the only team to have a non sellout so far this season does not go over to well.

Teams that are 2-8 are selling out and we are 4-6.

Very sad

Guess you all wont know what you have until it is gone....Trust me it will be gone

Ask Baltimore and Cleveland who had very loyal fans.

Everyone's missing the big point here. It's not the Bills fans that are the reason there's no sell-out. Its the Jacksonville fans! Most opposing fans will charter buses, get hotel rooms, and come see the game in Buffalo because they love their team so much (see NE and GB for examples). It's obvious the Jacksonville fans are not in the same league as the rest of the NFL if they can't be bothered to make the trek north to see their team play.

Everyone's missing the big point here. It's not the Bills fans that are the reason there's no sell-out. Its the Jacksonville fans! Most opposing fans will charter buses, get hotel rooms, and come see the game in Buffalo because they love their team so much (see NE and GB for examples). It's obvious the Jacksonville fans are not in the same league as the rest of the NFL if they can't be bothered to make the trek north to see their team play.

847013[/snapback]

But it seems like a lot of the other games are not sold out either. It is too bad that the Bills are not in the AFC North instead of Baltimore. It would be easier to rely on opposing fans to buy tickets in that case. (Of course the Jaguars are not a divisional opponent then either, but I am talking about the problem of selling tickets generally).

Does it mean they will move no. BUT being the only team to have a non sellout so far this season does not go over to well.

Teams that are 2-8 are selling out and we are 4-6.

Very sad

Guess you all wont know what you have until it is gone....Trust me it will be gone

Ask Baltimore and Cleveland who had very loyal fans.

847008[/snapback]

OMG...I just checked online and could get at least 8 seats together for this Sunday at either St. Louis, Atlanta or Tennessee. Good to know that the Bills are the only team who does not sellout all their games. :devil:

OMG...I just checked online and could get at least 8 seats together for this Sunday at either St. Louis, Atlanta or Tennessee.  Good to know that the Bills are the only team who does not sellout all their games.  :devil:

847019[/snapback]

Aren't those games listed as sellout b/c almost all of the tickets are sold?

And for all the out-of-towners and former WNYers, you can check your opinions on this matter at the door.

846976[/snapback]

Amen. I'm supposed to buy tickets so some jackass who has deserted this town can "follow" the team from afar and tell me it's "68 at the beach?" F off already. Like it would matter to you if they moved.

Amen.  I'm supposed to buy tickets so some jackass who has deserted this town can "follow" the team from afar and tell me it's "68 at the beach?"  F off already.  Like it would matter to you if they moved.

847039[/snapback]

Perhaps some are treating you this way, but I don't see why you are obligated to do anything for the team. I certainly am not going to tell you spend your hard-earned money on the Bills instead of feeding your family or even blowing it gambling for that matter. That doesn't mean, however, that not selling out games is not bad for the future of the Bills in Buffalo.

That people who do not live in Buffalo care about the team staying there should be applauded not attacked.

When the Bills put a good product on the field they will have an easier time selling a game like this out. That is by no means a given though...remember the greatest comeback??

What should be more surprising is the fact that this is the 1st game not to sell out in a long time, considering that the product the Bills have put on the field has been lees than sub par for so many years!

846987[/snapback]

The game is a sell out; or will be by Sunday; it makes no difference in evaluating Buffalo as a small market team whether the game sells out on Thursday or Sunday - a sellout is a sell out. All the whiners crying about the black out can get their alchoholic asses out of the house and buy a ticket and go to the game for a change - as a bonus, the weather will be great

Amen.  I'm supposed to buy tickets so some jackass who has deserted this town can "follow" the team from afar and tell me it's "68 at the beach?"  F off already.  Like it would matter to you if they moved.

847039[/snapback]

Yeah, i only grew up in buffalo, as a fan of the team, but because i chose to come to FSU for school, i am deserting the team? I see, i dont live in buffalo so i obviously dont care about the team. F you. while you are whining and complaining about the team this season, i am at the bar everysingle sunday cheering on the Bills with our backers group. I also happen to be the co-president of our backers group, but i suppose that doesnt mean anything because i am in florida, not buffalo. jackass.

BTW, its 71 here in florida today, pole-smoker.

847039[/snapback]

You're way off here. Sellouts in Buffalo don't benefit the people that live outside the local viewing area. Those of us outside the local area watch it on a dish or in a bar somewhere regardless of ticket sales. Direct your anger to the local fans who seem to feel that they have a birth right to see the Bills on TV every week.

This is mostly nonsense anyway since the Bills are in the upper half of the league in attendance most years, even during the last dozen years without much success on the field and in a smaller market.

I live in Toronto and I sure as hell hope they don't move, if they move to LA I won't be cheering for them anymore and if they move to Toronto, well I'll cheer for them, but I'd still rather them stay in Buffalo because if Toronto got an NFL team then that would be it for the CFL. :devil:

The Bills are meant to be in Buffalo and I don't see them playing anywhere else. Also I'm pretty sure Toronto is far from an NFL team, we don't have a stadium and we probably don't have enough money, plus I'm pretty sure the CFL has an agreement with the NFL that would prevent the NFL coming to a Canadian City.

I'm not worried about the team moving as long as Ralph is here, but just a question, the NFL has 32 fairly healthy teams right now, instead of moving a team, why not expand to 34 teams? Is it because it would make for a difficult scheudle?

OMG....A Bills game didn't sellout in time to be televised locally!  Get channel 2, 4 and 7 out there now and watch for the moving vans! :devil:  It's not the first game that didn't sell out over the last 40 years and it won't be the last.  It doesn't mean the Bills are going to be moved to another city.

846974[/snapback]

Agreed. The game will probably sell out anyway just not in time for TV. The fans still deserve credit for selling out the vast majority of games for a bad team. Is it important to sell out a home game? Yes, but lets not jump to conclusions.

It sort of does. WTVH-5 won't show the game, but WBNG-12 in Binghamton is scheduled to show the game.

846962[/snapback]

According to WBNG they are NOT showing the game, the info was sent to the gude prior to the non-sellout. Thanks to Sunday Ticket I will still be able to see it :devil:

847039[/snapback]

Cry me a !@#$ing river. I had season tickets for 3 losing seasons while I attended college in Western, NY. I'll be thinking of you when I’m watching the game this Sunday.

PS. It got up to 72 at the beach today. :devil:

Guess Time Warner screwed up here too.  They said that even though we don't get the NFL Network, we would still get all of our hometown BILLS Games!!!!

Yeah, I knew the blackout rules applied, but Time Warner made no mention of this!  They could have at least taken all of that money that they are not spending on the NFL Network and bought the last few thousand tickets.

I can't believe this game did not sell out.

846959[/snapback]

We already did that once. :angry:

Would you please stop your tirade? I'm asking you this with all due respect.

Thank you.