Since we can't get any sacks anyway

I have a better idea...since we can't get any sacks, why rush the passer at all? I think we should drop all 11 guys back in coverage. Think about it......

I have a better idea...since we can't get any sacks, why rush the passer at all? I think we should drop all 11 guys back in coverage. Think about it......

61138[/snapback]

They just need to stop counting to 5-Mississippi and switch to 3-Mississippi before rushing

I love how people have to asked not to be ripped every time they give an opinion... :D

We have a 4th LB. His name is Coy Wire. I don't know why he hasn't been given the chance to play his natural position. Screw his size. He hits the hell out of people and as always been great in run support. He could excel at LB.

(Hey, anything that gets him the hell off the Safety Depth Chart!)

I love how people have to asked not to be ripped every time they give an opinion... :D

We have a 4th LB.  His name is Coy Wire.  I don't know why he hasn't been given the chance to play his natural position.  Screw his size.  He hits the hell out of people and as always been great in run support.  He could excel at LB.

(Hey, anything that gets him the hell off the Safety Depth Chart!)

61166[/snapback]

I agree. Coy was an excellent LB in college. Many undersized football players excel at LB. Just ask Dat Ngyun, Zach Thomas, Chris Speilman. Coy is a football player-put him at a position where he has a chance to succeed.

I agree.  Coy was an excellent LB in college.  Many undersized football players excel at LB.  Just ask Dat Ngyun, Zach Thomas, Chris Speilman. Coy is a football player-put him at a position where he has a chance to succeed.

61168[/snapback]

Spieman was short by standards @ 5' 11" - 6.0 but hardly undersized @ 240-250.

What does Wire weigh? About 205 wet?

Zack Thomas is listed at 5-11 230lbs.

Coy is listed at 6-0 205lbs (dry).

25 lbs IS a big difference...but Coy is pure freaking muscle. I remember reading he registered at NEGATIVE body fat when tested. He's THAT in shape!

Like I said, he IS very light to play LB, but it's what he does best. He does well in run support at Safety, and he does a decent job getting to the QB when Safety blitzes are called.

I'm not saying the Bills will go to 3-4 just to accomodate Coy, but I hate seeing him being wasted (not to mention burned) playing safety. He is a LB. He doesn't have the talent to play anywhere else. If he can't handle the LB position, he needs to find another line of work.

I agree. He need to find another line of work. He'd never hold up to the pounding.

Remember a few years back when the Bills wanted 'Gym Rat' Johnson to get bulkier (ie fatter) to withstand the punishment?

They cited Kelly as a model, and lord knows plump Jimbo was taken behind the shed a few times during his career.

Zero body fat ain't going to protect you from the concussive force of 300+lb pulling lineman.

He may of been a good college LB but in the pro's his run support has been average at best. Where does all this run support crap come from? As for the 3-4, maybe a change of pace thing, just to show a different look once in a while, but that's it.

Screw his size.  He hits the hell out of people and as always been great in run support.  He could excel at LB.

Sorry - but you couldn't be more wrong. I don't know why so many people buy into this myth that Wire is great in run support. I have watched him "provide" (attempt) run support, and time after time after time after time after time he overpursues plays, takes bad angles, and absolutely whiffs on tackles.

I've said before it is a good thing he is such a workout warrior. He must have the strongest neck muscles I've ever seen. So many times I've seen him run willy nilly around then have to violently jerk his head around as the play goes right by him. On a normal human that force would most likely result in serious whiplash.

He had a memorable hit on a basically stationary James Stewart that I guess people translate into being this run stuffing stud. If the game is changed for ball carriers to only be allowed to run in predetermined straight lines, Coy may excel in the NFL. Until then - he just doesn't have what it takes - instinct and talent - to be a decent player in the NFL.

He does well in run support at Safety, and he does a decent job getting to the QB when Safety blitzes are called.

See above on your first point - he does not do well in run support!. On your second - check the tape of the Jax game. They brought PP in almost exclusively to rush the passer and he did an unbelievable job in that role. Put pressure every time. The one time I saw Wire line up and rush he got tossed aside like a rag doll.

See above on your first point - he does not do well in run support!.  On your second - check the tape of the Jax game.  They brought PP in almost exclusively to rush the passer and he did an unbelievable job in that role.  Put pressure every time.  The one time I saw Wire line up and rush he got tossed aside like a rag doll.

61468[/snapback]

Believe it or not, I watch him in games too. He does do well in run support!

Just because you say he doesn't, doesn't exactly mean it's true....and vice versa of course.

When I say run support, I don't neccessarily mean stopping the RB after he has gotten through the line/LB's and Coy has to stop him. I mean when it's a running down, and Coy comes up to help stop the run.

When he's playing pass, and then comes up to stop the run, it takes him out of the play a bit. But even then, your claim that he sucks is just plain wrong. Has he whiffed some tackles? Sure, but who on this team hasn't?

As far as rushing the passer? When I've seen Coy get pressure on the QB it is from speed rushes. No, he doesn't pick up FB's and throw them out of his way, not a single safety in the league does that.

So, PP came in to rush the passer in the Jax game? How'd that work out?