Thanks T D

vegas55

:blink: Tom D's choices in 2005 draft 2nd round -Parrish, 3rd round - Everett. Might have given some thought to actually drafting some O lineman in those spots, especially when, at that time, are O line was in such horrible shape that he had to sign a guard, cut by the Bears, (gandy) to be our LEFT TACKLE. I don't care if Parrish runs a 4.0 forty, if the QB doesnt have time to throw, whats the difference. And Everett has done nothing.

5 years of drafts and TD leaves us with a O line much worse than the one we had when he got here. Nice job.

:blink:   Tom D's choices in 2005 draft 2nd round -Parrish, 3rd round - Everett. Might have given some thought to actually drafting some O lineman in those spots, especially when, at that time, are O line was in such horrible shape that he had to sign a guard, cut by the Bears, (gandy) to be our LEFT TACKLE. I don't care if Parrish runs a 4.0 forty, if the QB doesnt have time to throw, whats the difference. And Everett has done nothing.

5 years of drafts and TD leaves us with a O line much worse than the one we had when he got here. Nice job.

837247[/snapback]

At the same time he drafted guys like Clements and Schobel for the D. He was also able to draft and wisely locked up Crowell. Then instead of overspending for a now journeyman LB Sam Cowart was able to get Fletcher. Not to mention shored up STs by adding Schneck, Mooreman and Lindell through FA and of course drafted McGee.

At the same time he drafted guys like Clements and Schobel for the D. He was also able to draft and wisely locked up Crowell. Then instead of overspending for a now journeyman LB Sam Cowart was able to get Fletcher. Not to mention shored up STs by adding Schneck, Mooreman and Lindell through FA and of course drafted McGee.

837254[/snapback]

Yeah, he did a terrible job in Buffalo.

Yes, he inherited a mess.  But he still left a mess.

837419[/snapback]

Okay, lets put it this way. Donahoe got a dirty pool with some dirt in the bottom of it, he took out his cleaning tools and tried to reach the bottom to clean out the dirt. When he got into the water his broom/vaccuum only brushed the dirt into the water, thus doing nothing and making the pool look clean. The only time that you would see that the pool is still dirty is after he is done cleaning and all the dirt has settled back to the bottom of the pool.

:lol:  Tom D's choices in 2005 draft 2nd round -Parrish, 3rd round - Everett. Might have given some thought to actually drafting some O lineman in those spots, especially when, at that time, are O line was in such horrible shape that he had to sign a guard, cut by the Bears, (gandy) to be our LEFT TACKLE. I don't care if Parrish runs a 4.0 forty, if the QB doesnt have time to throw, whats the difference. And Everett has done nothing.

837247[/snapback]

Parrish and Evans were really good choices but your right. We barely drafted lineman. Marv tried doing that this year. So far, not working.

Parrish and Evans were really good choices but your right. We barely drafted lineman.  Marv tried doing that this year.  So far, not working.

837474[/snapback]

When?

By drafting OL in the fifth round? Marv didn't do crap to help this offensive line. People want to hammer TD for Mike Williams. McCargo over Mangold is going to hurt this franchise for a long time. :lol:

Parrish and Evans were really good choices but your right. We barely drafted lineman.  Marv tried doing that this year.  So far, not working.

837474[/snapback]

TD did draft Jennings and Mike Williams in his 1st 2 drafts...Jennings was moved from guard to RT to LT and he played quite well before hitting FA...I think TD was wise not to overspend to keep Jennings back as he was too injury prone.

Mike Williams starts with lots of promise, but somewhere along the way lost his way. Unfortunately the likes of Greg Williams/Mularkey could not salvage this guys career.

Marv is yet to take a OL in the top 3 rounds....He picks guys in the 5th and 7th rounds...THose are projects and will take a few years to find out.

TD did draft Jennings and Mike Williams in his 1st 2 drafts...Jennings was moved from guard to RT to LT and he played quite well before hitting FA...I think TD was wise not to overspend to keep Jennings back as he was too injury prone. 

Mike Williams starts with lots of promise, but somewhere along the way lost his way. Unfortunately the likes of Greg Williams/Mularkey could not salvage this guys career.

Marv is yet to take a OL in the top 3 rounds....He picks guys in the 5th and 7th rounds...THose are projects and will take a few years to find out.

837576[/snapback]

Chill out....Marv has only had one draft.

TD's biggest problem wasn't that he ignored the OL - he just signed mediocre linemen and assumed McNally would work his magic and make the line great. Seems obvious now that he needed to get linemen with *some* talent.

Correct! In one draft he has YET to draft a OL in first three rounds. It appears Marv put his priorities in this years draft on defense. I'm sure if he had to do it over again, he would have gone more with OL, had he known it was going to be as bad as it is. On the other hand, he hmay als ohave felt there wasn't the talent on OL that he wanted in the draft, so went with defensive guys instead.

837576[/snapback]

837254[/snapback]

Yeah, TD was a great GM, as demonstrated by the Bills' 5-11 record his last year here. Imagine how bad our record would have been without him.

Chill out....Marv has only had one draft.

TD's biggest problem wasn't that he ignored the OL - he just signed mediocre linemen and assumed McNally would work his magic and make the line great. Seems obvious now that he needed to get linemen with *some* talent.

837793[/snapback]

Quite frankly, ignoring the OL was TD's biggest problem. Look at my sig.

I think Marv realized that one draft wasnt going to solve all of the problems, unfortunatly this is going to take a couple offseasons to correct. Hopefully Marv focuses on the areas of need, which I belive is

1) OL (we need atleast two starters for the right side)

2) WR (we need a true #2)

3) DT (run stopper)

4) LB (dont know we have in Spikes, and Fletcher is only getting older)

5) TE (unfortunatly with our OL, we havent seen our TE play as TEs)

And dont forget about our RB and QB situations.

Anyway, I think we just need a little more patience...its going to take atleast one more offseason to even start looking like contenders.

Still too early to tell on Mangold McCargo, but I knew we were gonna just miss Barnes and was hoping for a trade up too MrLocke. Rounds 2-3 are the rounds for interior guys or tackles who fall a little (Barnes, Winston Justice). Drafting Big Uglies with great upside in rounds 2 and 3 on a regular basis usually ensure you will be a tough physical team, something we're not.

I am willing to give Marv another draft as well. You can't fix it all with one and I pray he'll beef up the O in this next one. I guess the plan is build a D to keep us in games till the O comes around. The thing is, I wouldn't mind another DT and pass rushing end myself, and all that would probably take another two drafts to finish off the D and rebuild the O. Look at Chicago, they went all D anyways this draft.

837254[/snapback]

Schobel--yeah just what we need---a guy who disappears and is a non factor for the majority of games...and wracks up 3 sacks against Houston or arizona at home.