So lemme get this straight...every time a Bills

Reed83HOF

At my local bowling alley on Sunday, I watched the highlight of Lindell's miss and overheard some yutz behind me say "Well, Bills fans should be used to missing field goals." Wearing a Bills t-shirt, I turned around and gave him one of the more disgusted looks I ever gave to anyone.

Let's face it....we're going to be living with this until the Bills win the big one. :blink:

I could see if we were in the playoffs or it cost a playoff spot...but come on; we are 3-6...I mean really...

836922[/snapback]

I see your point, but it doesn't matter if it's in Week 1 or the AFC Championship. A missed FG by a Bills kicker (especially those sailing to the far right) will *always* get slammed.

Here's the deal...whatsisface is a COUG. That means he went to WSU (pronounced WAZOO. home of the Cougars). Here in the great Pacific Northwest we have expression for when a team finds a way to blow a lead or otherwise grab defeat from the jaws of victory: we say they're "Cougin it". Nuff said. There were a lot of us at Qwest Field watching that game in the club, all pulling for the upset, but...well, we knew better when we realized that it might all rest on a Coug.

WTF

:lol:

WTF # 2

B-)

The fox sports website even has a pic of Norwood up...arghhh

Lindell's miss was not even the close to being the same magnitude and it sure as hell did not bring back memories for me...I can't believe the dumbass press comes up with this crap!!!

836908[/snapback]

in the far more serious game of life and death, fox takes first place for screwing up by being the network which most aggressively marketed the bogus WMD story and trumped up the Iraq war, which has cost us so much in lives, dollars and reputation

WTF

WTF # 2

B-)

Lindell's miss was not even the close to being the same magnitude and it sure as hell did not bring back memories for me...I can't believe the dumbass press comes up with this crap!!!

836908[/snapback]

I was actually fairly impressed that when the game cut to a commercial after the miss, Dick Enberg said something to the effect of, "Buffalo had a chance to take the lead, but Lindell pushed it to the right." I like Enberg, but I was aniticpating the easy snide comment or lame "Wide Right" joke. Thankfully he passed.

Supposedly Shannon Sharpe had a lame joke on the Football Night on NBC, and I heard Thurman on WGR Monday morning. He was pissed and is going to let Sharpe hear about it.

And far beyond I'm afraid.

837418[/snapback]

Probably not as much, if the Bills ever see a good level of success. What do you hear about more: the a** whoopin' the Patriots took from Chicago in the Super Bowl, or the "Belichick is great, Brady is wonderful, and their defense is marvelous" lovefests from their Super Bowl wins?

I will worry when they stop talking about us!!!!

WTF

WTF # 2

:D

836908[/snapback]

In the pregame warm up, Norwood aimed for the right upright and the wind hooked the ball between the uprights. During his attempt with eight seconds remaining in the fourth quarter, he again aimed right; this time the ball remained straight and he missed.

Is that true? I've never heard that before.

Probably not as much, if the Bills ever see a good level of success.  What do you hear about more:  the a** whoopin' the Patriots took from Chicago in the Super Bowl, or the "Belichick is great, Brady is wonderful, and their defense is marvelous" lovefests from their Super Bowl wins?

838022[/snapback]

There have be several azz whoopins in the SB. But only one team has lost four in a row. Until that feat is accomplished by another team, that's our record. That missed FG was just part of that legacy