So lemme get this straight...every time a Bills

Reed83HOF

there was more then 6 minutes left in that game after the kick, does anyone actually think the Colts wouldnt have scored again to win the game

the missed FG didnt lose the game for the Bills, the offense and the coaches did

11 plays in the redzone for minus 8 yards for the game, thats just pathetic

there was more then 6 minutes left in that game after the kick, does anyone actually think the Colts wouldnt have scored again to win the game

838294[/snapback]

I think any Bills fan would agree that there was a 95% chance Manning would've drove down the field for the winning FG. But who knows? Make him do it. Indy wasn't burning out bulbs on the scoreboard, they only had 17 points. Put them in a situation where Manning has to throw, and who knows? The Bills were forcing the underneath pass and then gang-tackling, maybe they force a fumble (they already did it twice.) Maybe Manning realizes he needs his go-to guy and forces a pass to Harrison, who Clements was playing tight, and maybe Nate picks it.

I agree, the outcome would more than likely have been a Bills loss either way. But there's a huge difference between playing from behind and trying to go 65 yards for a score, or playing with the lead and telling your RB "stay inbounds and hold onto the ball."

I think any Bills fan would agree that there was a 95% chance Manning would've drove down the field for the winning FG.  But who knows?  Make him do it.  Indy wasn't burning out bulbs on the scoreboard, they only had 17 points.  Put them in a situation where Manning has to throw, and who knows?  The Bills were forcing the underneath pass and then gang-tackling, maybe they force a fumble (they already did it twice.)  Maybe Manning realizes he needs his go-to guy and forces a pass to Harrison, who Clements was playing tight, and maybe Nate picks it.

I agree, the outcome would more than likely have been a Bills loss either way.  But there's a huge difference between playing from behind and trying to go 65 yards for a score, or playing with the lead and telling your RB "stay inbounds and hold onto the ball."

838374[/snapback]

Or maybe the Manning and the Colts march the ball downfield and score leaving time on the clock. The bills get the ball back and stil have a chance to win, or heck, since its all speculation, maybe McGee takse the kickoff in for the score after.

I'm surprised this statement didn't jump out at anyone:

In Super Bowl XXV, the first of three consecutive Super Bowl losses by the Bills, Norwood had a chance to win the game with a 47-yard field goal attempt.

See? It's not as bad as everyone remembers. It only SEEMS like we lost four consecutive Super Bowls.

Or maybe the Manning and the Colts march the ball downfield and score leaving time on the clock. The bills get the ball back and stil have a chance to win, or heck, since its all speculation, maybe McGee takse the kickoff in for the score after.

839019[/snapback]

We do need daquixers if we're going to hypothetically replay games.

"Sure the Vikings lost 31-7, but if the Patriots didn't get those two calls in the 2nd quarter, Minnesota would've had 1st downs, and probably scored on both those drives, and it would have been a 28-21 Vikings win."