Sabres make it all better! 7 point butt kicking

NavyBillsFan

The amazing thing is the guys who DIDN'T play.

Top defensive pairing of Tallinder and Lydman

Max

Connelly

Miller

That's the equivalent of Commodore, Hedican, Staal, Williams, and Ward not suiting up. Yet we roll them in their own building. The best part is them coming back to tie the game but our team not folding the tent and scoring the next THREE goals to shut up all eight hockey fans in the building who weren't wearing some form of Buffalo gear.

I live in Canada. I am a huge Montreal Canadiens fan and was so pissed when Carolina won the Cup. Despite the division rivalry I would have been happy for the Sabres to win the Cup, as they have great fans. I don't want to play up the stereotypes, but I can't imagine there are too many good hockey fans in the south?

Carolina had so many players during their run I don't like too. Cory Stillman and Doug Weight just to name a couple.

I have a bguddy who plays NCAA hockey. He says the NHL in the U.S. is at about the same level of popularity as MLS. Is he right?

I live in Canada. I am a huge Montreal Canadiens fan and was so pissed when Carolina won the Cup. Despite the division rivalry I would have been happy for the Sabres to win the Cup, as they have great fans. I don't want to play up the stereotypes, but I can't imagine there are too many good hockey fans in the south?

Carolina had so many players during their run I don't like too. Cory Stillman and Doug Weight just to name a couple.

I have a bguddy who plays NCAA hockey. He says the NHL in the U.S. is at about the same level of popularity as MLS. Is he right?

The NHL I would say is slightly above. The problem is lack of exposure (i.e. no ESPN games) is killing them, at a time when the new rules are making it a much more exciting game.

The NHL I would say is slightly above.  The problem is lack of exposure (i.e. no ESPN games) is killing them, at a time when the new rules are making it a much more exciting game.

836209[/snapback]

Its a lot bigger. There is a decent amount of NHL discussion on campus. When I say decent, I mean its come up in classes, in the newspaper, etc.

MLS doesn't get any of that.

Just got back from the game and didn't want to start a new Sabres thread here. I know how some of the Bills only people tend to get. :D

I don't know if anyone saw this on TV, but there were only about 11,000 people there. I thought these guys were the Stanley Cup Champions? No one goes to the freakin' games? I was absolutely shocked. I didn't expect a full house, but I thought it would be close to full. What a pathetic excuse for a fan base!!! How do you win the Stanley Cup and not show up to a game like this?!!

On the flip side, great contingent of Sabres fans! :doh: Easily drowned out the Lets Go Canes chant with the "Lets Go Buffalo" chant.

Sabres played absolutely fantastic in that first period. The three goals were great, finally able to put in a few during the first. I was getting worried about the way they would outplay the other team in the first and not be able to score. I was worried after Carolina tied it, but after Mair scored, you could see the 'canes deflate some. They weren't playing nearly as well after that.

Biron looked a lot better tonight than his last couple of starts.

My newest most hated player in the NHL...Eric Cole, what freakin' loser. Whines and cries all the time when anyone comes near him, but will give out any cheap shot he possibly can. I didn't realize he was that dirty of a player, just as bad as Darcy Tucker.

836174[/snapback]

Latendresse :doh:

God, I was impressed with how sharp the Sabres looked...particularly in the first period. That was the best period of hockey thay have played the last two weeks, I think. Considering the insane amount of success they have been having, it is amazing they were so up for that game. I like the fact that we have some good rivalry games coming up this week, (Ottawa twice, and the Rangers), but I am really pumped to see the Penguins game Friday. That is going to be a hell of a game.

Vanek has been so solid, it is hard to believe he is only in his second year. Nice, also, to see guys like Mair, Gaustad, and Roy getting a little more involved in the scoring. Just as Drury cools off, they start to heat up.

I feel pretty good...a few days before the season started, a guy I work with, who is only a casual hockey fan, asked me if there were any Sabres "under the radar" he should pick up in his Fantasy Hockey leauge...I told him Pomminville and Vanek...even I never expected them to be lighting it up like this. I look like a friggin' genious!

Nice to see them turn it on at the end. It almost looked like the Stanley Cup champs were trying to steal a page from the Flyers of the seventies, very chippy in the third. Eric Coles will get the pay-back, at some point, for the cheap shot on Campbell.

I'm loving this as much as anybody but what concerns me is that they tend to lack focus at times. They had a three goal lead and got totally outplayed in the second and allowed Carolina to come back. They need to keep up the pressure and bury teams. Granted it all worked out but a bounce here or there and it could've been different.

But we are SCARY good and when we get back to full strength we should roll through the league. ;)

The first two Carolina goals were really jokes. The first one, the Canes player clearly just ran Marty, and the puck went in of the skater's arm, which should have been disallowed but wasn't.

The second goal was set up by a blatant interference on the defenseman by cole, which went un-called. So, the canes got some momentum on those....but when it came down to crunch time, the better team showed up.

836174[/snapback]

It depends on where your friend is playing. If he's in the Boston area, he's easily going to pick up on something like. With one of the biggest bandwagon mentalities in the country, the fans around here don't care about the NHL right now. If your friend's playing in the Minnesota area, there's no way he'd ever pick up on something like that.

It depends on where your friend is playing.  If he's in the Boston area, he's easily going to pick up on something like.  With one of the biggest bandwagon mentalities in the country, the fans around here don't care about the NHL right now.  If your friend's playing in the Minnesota area, there's no way he'd ever pick up on something like that.

836503[/snapback]

yeah, he's around Boston. Babson College, I think.