New Concept here, All-time great songs

justnzane

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Southern Man" - Neil Young

since he died, the only ones that really have been talented have been Common, Eminem(pre-8mile) (in a satirical way), and Outkast (not their poppy stuff, but more of their early stuff like Rosa Parks, B.O.B). those have the only really lyrically sound rappers since his death.

Far too often, i watch the videos or hang w/ buddies and wanna vomit over the crap spewing from rappers mouths now and days, because it is so meaningless, and about how they getting paid.

832255[/snapback]

I think you 'forgot about Dre.' :lol:

838829[/snapback]

Great choice...for my NY pick though, I am going with:

"Down By the River"

Just picked up the NY & Crazy Horse live album issued this week, from 1970...it is amazing, although a little short (only 50 minutes!)

I think you 'forgot about Dre.'  :lol:

838829[/snapback]

I never found his rhymes as impressive as his beats, and half of his hits aren't even done by him. That really pi$$es me off about rap, if you are gunna take credit for doing a song, and profit off of it being on your album, please sing at least 40% of the damn lyrics :w00t:

Weird Al - Amish Paradise

"Ooh La La" - the Faces

Great song, one of the handful of Faces songs Rod Stewart didn't sing on. It was Ronnie Wood...lyrics by the criminally overlooked Ronnie Laine. Something about boozy sentimentalism is kind of universal..."I wish that I knew Then

Rod, being the a-hole that he is, re-recorded it years later, and "made it his own"...do yourself a favor...go out and listen to any of the four Faces records, or any of Rod Stewarts first five solo albums. Hard to believe Rod Stewart was relevent at one point...but he was...those early Stewart records ("Every Picture Tells a Story", "Gasoline Alley", "Never A Dull Moment", "Smiler") were really just Faces albums. Rod had been signed as a member of the Faces, to Warner Bros, and as a solo artist by Mercury, at the same time. Contractually, he couldn't call his solo albums Faces albums, even though the back him up on all the tracks.