Youboty

Dawgg

This is the draft pick that was universally lauded as a steal for the Bills - a potential first round talent who was supposed to mitigate the departure of Clements in the likely scenario that he is not extended by the Bills... but he has yet to see the field let alone be activated for a game.

He has had plenty of time to make up for missed time, especially the bye week so I don't think that's a valid consideration at this point. With McGee's recent struggles, coupled by the uninspiring play of Kiwaukee Thomas, you would think it would be worth seeing what this kid has.

or not

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the draft pick that was universally lauded as a steal for the Bills - a potential first round talent who was supposed to mitigate the departure of Clements in the likely scenario that he is not extended by the Bills... but he has yet to see the field let alone be activated for a game. 

He has had plenty of time to make up for missed time, especially the bye week so I don't think that's a valid consideration at this point.  With McGee's recent struggles, coupled by the uninspiring play of Kiwaukee Thomas, you would think it would be worth seeing what this kid has.

or not

830800[/snapback]

Some guys take longer to "get it" than others, but I agree with you that it is a concern that he hasn't even been activated for a game at this point. Assuming the team lets Clements go, I don't see any way to justify counting on this guy to step in and fill the void. I hope management is looking long and hard at FA cornerbacks who will be available.

He has had plenty of time to make up for missed time, especially the bye week so I don't think that's a valid consideration at this point.  With McGee's recent struggles, coupled by the uninspiring play of Kiwaukee Thomas, you would think it would be worth seeing what this kid has.

or not

830800[/snapback]

I agree--you would think he'd at least get a little PT in the dime package. Obviously, the staff thinks Greer, the 4th corner, is better than Youboty.

Hey, the guy's a rookie and missed all of training camp - that probably cost him the season right there, plus we don't know how his head's 'screwed on' after the loss of his mother. Sure, I'd like to see what he can do on the field, but it really doesn't look like we're going to the Superbowl this year, so I'm not too concerned if he sits 'til next season.

Thomas' play has been pretty poor and has made life on the rookie safeties even more difficult.

Begs the question why Youboty isn't ready yet.

If you mean consistently ineffective, then you may be correct.

830889[/snapback]

Maybe they are waiting until we are (don't laugh..I mean mathematically) out of the playoff picture before they put him in?

830912[/snapback]

I'd think so, too. With question marks coming about Clements and McGee, they would be remiss if they didn't get some idea about him playing against competition.

May be the play of Kiwakee Thomas has been consistent that the coaches are willing to keep Youbouty on the inactive list.....  Thomas also plays on STs....

830854[/snapback]

Good point. Maybe the other guys in front of him are playing very well and we don't have a need for Youboty right now. We've had a number of corners who didn't play much in their rookie years but later turned out to be great acquisitions.

The "head case" theory is BULL SCHITT!! He brought his younger brother, who plays WR at Erie Community College, so he could keep an eye on him and as I understand it, they're living together. If nothing else, this kid is heroic in his efforts to hold his familys' phyche in one piece. Personally, I'd say this youngsters' maturity tells the truth about his future in Buffalo. My opinion is he'll make huge strides in the offseason and really come on in the OTA's!!

Of all the problems with this team and a 3rd round pick who missed three weeks of TC b/c his mother died is "concerning." Wow, let's get some perspective.

How about Denver last year with that 3rd round pick choosing M Clarrett. How's that working out.

Give the guy a year to re-group and play and get used to football.

A YEAR???? Give me a break. It's not concerning that he missed training camp. It's concerning that he still can't get any PT 10 weeks after returning.

Third round picks are supposed to contribute -- whether it's in a backup role or special teams.

Of all the problems with this team and a 3rd round pick who missed three weeks of TC b/c his mother died is "concerning."    Wow, let's get some perspective.

How about Denver last year with that 3rd round pick choosing M Clarrett.  How's that working out.   

Give the guy a year to re-group and play and get used to football.

831130[/snapback]

In 1991 there was a DB who held out & missed a lot of camp. The incumbent at his position, Leonard Smith, started the whole season, then got injured in the AFC Championship game & Smith's backup, Dwight Drane started Super Bowl XXVI with the holdout seeing little to no action the entire 1991 season & post-season.

The following year, Henry Jones became the starting SS & went to the Pro Bowl.

Key difference: That 1991 team was a Super Bowl contending team.

In 1991 there was a DB who held out & missed a lot of camp.  The incumbent at his position, Leonard Smith, started the whole season, then got injured in the AFC Championship game & Smith's backup, Dwight Drane started Super Bowl XXVI with the holdout seeing little to no action the entire 1991 season & post-season.

The following year, Henry Jones became the starting SS & went to the Pro Bowl.

831155[/snapback]

or not

830800[/snapback]

He's making the biggest jump a football player can make in his lifetime. It's basically the equivalent of a High School player on JV going to DI College. Even by getting caught up he's still light years behind the rookies who went threw everything. Hopefully he can get some reps toward the end, but I wouldn’t take his lack of presence now as any indication of his future.

Look, I won't argue on who was better, but those 90's teams were veteran teams...

This is a young team with a few rookie playing key roles already. Their play is sometimes good sometimes bad... but the hope is that by taking their lumps now, it will pay dividends in the future. I see no reason not to throw Youboty in there, unless of course, he is having issues grasping the scheme -- and if that's the case, that is defintiely a bit worrisome given that he has had 10 weeks to do so.

Do you really think Dwight Drane was better than Henry Jones by the end of the 1991 season?

831167[/snapback]