Youboty

Dawgg

The true perspective is that most companies give their employees' 3-days funeral leave,

not a whole year to regroup..

831209[/snapback]

And most companies also give employs personal days which they can use whenever they want to. I don't know anybody who is close to their mother that would return to work after three days, particularly if they had to make funeral arrangements and were left to clear up estate matters.

I'm not sure what the worry right now is over Youboty. He left school too early and wasn't NFL ready (which is why he wasn't a 1st round pick) . Having first round talent isn't the same as being ready to play right off the bat. Even if he didn't miss training camp he wasn't going to contribute that much on Sundays this year. Once he missed training camp it was doubtful if he'd see the field at all. Why does it not surprise me that in this era of instant gratification people are already starting to panic a half a season into this guy's career?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many, many, many people in this country HAVE to get back to work immediately after an immediate family member dies due to inadequate benefit structures or no benefits whatsoever. It was certainly noble for the Bills-at least in the publics eye-allowed him the time off to grieve/get his house in order. I'd be out of work.

But I don't think that is the issue here.

The guy was talented enough to be widely considered a top 50 pick. You don't loose that natural talent over a month. First, why did he drop all the way to us. Second, why hasn't he made any strides in two and a half months? I'll bet a lap dance that something negative will be surfacing.

And most companies also give employs personal days which they can use whenever they want to.  I don't anybody who close to their mother that would return to work after three days, particularly if they had to make funeral arrangements and where left to clear up estate matters.

I'm not sure what the worry right now is over Youboty.  He left school too early and wasn't NFL ready (which is why he wasn't a 1st round pick) .  Having first round talent isn't the same as being ready to play right off the bat.  Even if he didn't miss training camp he wasn't going to contribute that much on Sundays this year.  Once he missed training camp it was doubtful if he'd see the field at all.  Why does it not surprise me that in this era of instant gratification people are already starting to panic a half a season into this guy's career?

831944[/snapback]

I don't really care one way or the other if he plays or doesn't play... but it's funny how Tiny Tim Anderson was also drafted in the 3rd round from THE Ohio State and didn't see the field in his first year either. I hope Youboty pans out a whole lot better than that bust. <_<

I don't really care one way or the other if he plays or doesn't play... but it's funny how Tiny Tim Anderson was also drafted in the 3rd round from THE Ohio State and didn't see the field in his first year either. I hope Youboty pans out a whole lot better than that bust. ;)

832156[/snapback]

Has he improved recently....or has Williams regressed. Anderson started last week & is top of the depth chart still. Anybody know?

This is the draft pick that was universally lauded as a steal for the Bills - a potential first round talent who was supposed to mitigate the departure of Clements in the likely scenario that he is not extended by the Bills... but he has yet to see the field let alone be activated for a game. 

He has had plenty of time to make up for missed time, especially the bye week so I don't think that's a valid consideration at this point.  With McGee's recent struggles, coupled by the uninspiring play of Kiwaukee Thomas, you would think it would be worth seeing what this kid has.

or not

830800[/snapback]

lets sit some one that we dont use much for a game or two, get him on the field and see what he can do....let mcgee just focuse on returns for a bit...