Congratulations, America.

Think of the children!.....if you are looking to the President to guide your children, you probably aren't doing a very good job.

829726[/snapback]

Exactly.

Or letting them in on too much...

I think of the travesty we committed on "our" kids in the past... Just think, those poor kids in the 1880's had to hear such things as:

"Ma, Ma, where's my Pa? Gone to the White House! Ha Ha Ha!"

:D

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't like it move.  I am sure you and Ted can go fishing for dead girlfriends together.  :D

829724[/snapback]

Aw is your p*ssy sore today? Just because I don't think religion should be legislated doesn't automatically lump me in with Teddy. Get a clue.

To elaborate on my feelings toward Canada, I feel there are a good many Canadians who simply take an anti-American stance to show the rest of the world that they're NOT American. To me, that's not only ridiculous, it's insulting.

A good portion of the reason Canada's lived in such peace and prosperity has been the fact that she shares a thousands-mile border with a neighbor that's been more than willing to trade with and help protect her.

829631[/snapback]

Damn, I was hoping to avoid this.

What exactly has the US protected Canada from? Not sure that the Ruskies were planning an invasion in the North.

Of course the US is willing to trade with Canada. Where else can the US replace its depleted natural resources at bargain prices due to proximity? Can the US find a better source for oil reserves? If so, it would already be in place.

Canada was involved in both WW's before the US was ever officially involved. I think you have the privilege of expressing your opinions but most military people and references I have read suggest that Canada has a very good military with respect to human resources but the government has not supported the effort with funding. I would never degrade the men and women who protect the US - nor would I degrade those of any ally. That does kind of pi$$ me off, man.

How about no-tax, no-spend?

That'd be nice.

829664[/snapback]

Well, if you believe the guy who spoke a few weeks ago --- I think he was the Comptroller of the GAO? --- in short order, this country is going to be f--ked economically. We buy sh-- on credit cards, when all's said and done, Iraq and Afghanistan will have cost about $2T, our trade deficits have tanked in the past 20+ years.... Deficit finance is how things are getting done. We've spent and spent and spent and at the same time cut taxes after Clinton. For whatever else you have to say about him, had us on the right path re: national debt, and with a Repub. check-and-balance, a measure of fiscal responsibility w/ balanced budgets.

In the relatively near future, the bills and interest we are accruing now will be due.

And to fix the problem, it's going to have to be: 'Tax and no-spend.'

Canada was involved in both WW's before the US was ever officially involved. I think you have the privilege of expressing your opinions but most military people and references I have read suggest that Canada has a very good military with respect to human resources but the government has not supported the effort with funding. I would never degrade the men and women who protect the US - nor would I degrade those of any ally. That does kind of pi$$ me off, man.

829783[/snapback]

As I've read, the new PM is intent on building up the Canadian military.

They're going to need it w/in the next 20 years wrt protecting their fresh-water resources and rights/access to the Northwest Passage. That is turning into something of a free-for-all w/ the US, Denmark via Greenland, and Russia all making claims there, for potential oil supplies underneath and for shipping as global warming opens it up.

As I've read, the new PM is intent on building up the Canadian military.

They're going to need it w/in the next 20 years wrt protecting their fresh-water resources and rights/access to the Northwest Passage. That is turning into something of a free-for-all w/ the US, Denmark via Greenland, and Russia all making claims there, for potential oil supplies underneath and for shipping as global warming opens it up.

829834[/snapback]

Have to agree with that. The new government is a minority though and it is doubtful that they will survive long enough to bring any balance back to the military. Probably the only thing that I would agree with JSP about regarding the Canadian culture is that there seems to be an underlying cultural belief that if Canada plays nice all the time that everyone else will as well. Dangerous as well as wishful thinking.

From the Bush speech:

He warned the nation's enemies not to take heart from the Pentagon change or the election results. "Do not be joyful," he said. "Do not confuse the workings of our democracy with a lack of will."

Seems like our president doesn't follow JSP's line of thinking. Rhetoric or not, I don't think it necessary follows that we're going to be soft on terrorism. If you ask me, we are going to be more targeted on the issue and with hope, we won't continue to do things that hurt our standing in the world in the name of the GWoT.

And you've just identified 3 of my main reasons for hating bush. i'm no tree-hugging liberal, but i cant stand a candidate who is running the country based on HIS morals.

829678[/snapback]

At least he has morals, unlike the democrats.