A-Train should start

inkman

I am surprised to not see this yet but I can't resist. Anthony Thomas is running the ball as good if not better than McGahee. He reads his blocks, explodes through the holes and finds the endzone. My vote is to make A-train the starter, no matter Willis' health. :P

Plus he has a cool nickname.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am surprised to not see this yet but I can't resist.  Anthony Thomas is running the ball as good if not better than McGahee.  He reads his blocks, explodes through the holes and finds the endzone.  My vote is to make A-train the starter, no matter Willis' health.  :P

826511[/snapback]

Two times Thomas has been given the ball in the red zone. TWICE he scored.

That's not a coincidence. Take your time rehabbing, Willis.

I'm just counting the days until McGahee's contract expires. I'd rather have a RB with heart out there. By the way, anybody else think that if that were Travis Henry getting his ribs cracked on Sunday, he would have stayed in (rather than get carted off the field and enjoying the game in his Bill Cosby sweater from the sideline)?

Who was that who predicted the WM bashers would come out in droves? Come on; these same WM bashers are probably the same ones who ran Travis out of town as well. Fans on this board are so critical and are quick to throw punches or pull plugs. I mean look just look at the talk the past 2,3 weeks:

• We want our 1st rd QB who has 16 starts pulled for a career backup.

• Schoebel is overrated and just get coverage sacks

• Spikes is declared washed up 2 games back after coming of major Achilles injury plus hamstring pull.

• Lee Evans can’t make it as a number one WR; we should have kept Moulds

• Nate is garbage.

• Both of our young safeties aren't all pro's

We are suppose to defend our good players to an extent and let other fans do the bashing. I'll bet the Pats fan are as quick to label Bruschii as being washed up!

If Green Bay didn't shoot themselves in the foot and the Bills lost, then we wouldn't be having this conversation. Winning puts a little extra polish on the turd. Honestly, Thomas played well, but I didn't see him do anything that McGahee hasn't done. I'm grateful to have Thomas here as a back up.

It's too bad that McGahee was injured so early, because the revamped OL was getting a substantial push and opening up some nice holes. Thomas was the benefactor.

Unless our players really do suck.

826546[/snapback]

It's a difference between being sucking and just not being an All-Pro. WM might not be the best back in the league but he desrves far more credit than he gets. The same with guys like Schoebel, Evans and Clemens! I mean Gandy was far from being a franchise LT but for being a short gauge option he played better than some gave him credit for the past year and a half and he looked pretty good at LG yesterday. And even JP deserves some slack being a young QB playing with a team that has poor blocking and no offensive identity whatsoever!

At this point, JP has regressed and is creeping toward the bench.

Not my personal opinion.

• Spikes is declared washed up 2 games back after coming of major Achilles injury plus hamstring pull.

He has to still be hurt because he's not making a difference.

Moulds needed to go, Evans still has a lot to prove.

• Nate is garbage.

Most of the time. With the current passer friendly rules of the NFL, no DB should get his kind of $$$.

...but I like what I see so far.

Who was that who predicted the WM bashers would come out in droves? Come on; these same WM bashers are probably the same ones who ran Travis out of town as well. Fans on this board are so critical and are quick to throw punches or pull plugs. I mean look just look at the talk the past 2,3 weeks:

• Nate is garbage.

We are suppose to defend our good players to an extent and let other fans do the bashing. I'll bet the Pats fan are as quick to label Bruschii as being washed up!

826539[/snapback]

I was under the impression that this thread was pro-Thomas and not anti-McGahee. I don't know why folks are so reluctant to sing Thomas' praises. The same thing happened when I tried to support him a few weeks ago- I was immediately shot down for not backing Willis with the respect he deserves.

Thomas played well yesterday in place of Willis...given the OL; I have to say I like what I saw on the leftside yesterday...who knows if Willis would have done better or worse?

I don't think that will keep up though...teams will overload that side...given a stronger right side of the line (CV was terrible)...these two can be a good 1-2 combo

I haven't seen Willis do anyting that Thomas isn't capable of.

826628[/snapback]

Thomas have a sweater like that?

:P Didn't think so.

No way to know, but the way the left side blocked yesterday I think Willis was in line for a big day. Thomas filled in admirably.

I am surprised to not see this yet but I can't resist.  Anthony Thomas is running the ball as good if not better than McGahee.  He reads his blocks, explodes through the holes and finds the endzone.  My vote is to make A-train the starter, no matter Willis' health.  :P

826511[/snapback]

not sure if a-train should be #1 but i have thought since the first game the guy should get his share of carries in every game. problem is his style is too similar to mcgahee's. it's not so easy to alternate carries like it is in NE where dillon and maroney have different styles.

wow, i am shocked it took this long for the willis bashers to come out in full force.

A-train played well in place of willis yesterday. The line did a good job of run blocking. Willis would have put up the same numbers A-train did if he wasnt hurt.