A-Train should start

inkman

Wasn't it refreshing to see a RB who actually "runs" and doesn't dance?

I am surprised to not see this yet but I can't resist.  Anthony Thomas is running the ball as good if not better than McGahee.  He reads his blocks, explodes through the holes and finds the endzone.  My vote is to make A-train the starter, no matter Willis' health.  :P

Plus he has a cool nickname.

826511[/snapback]

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was under the impression that this thread was pro-Thomas and not anti-McGahee.  I don't know why folks are so reluctant to sing Thomas' praises.  The same thing happened when I tried to support him a few weeks ago- I was immediately shot down for not backing Willis with the respect he deserves.

826586[/snapback]

If you read 2 of the first 3 threads were definitely more jabs at WM than given A-Train his praises. I have no problem with A-Train but I don't think he ran any harder than WM and I'm not a big WM fan either. If WM was asking for big dollars then I'd rather have A-Train but that hasn't happen yet. To me it's like dissing Thurman because Kennth Davis proved he was a good backup capable of playing just as good as TT on any given Sunday!

If you read 2 of the first 3 threads were definitely more jabs at WM than given A-Train his praises. I have no problem with A-Train but I don't think he ran any harder than WM and I'm not a big WM fan either. If WM was asking for big dollars then I'd rather have A-Train but that hasn't happen yet. To me it's like dissing Thurman because Kennth Davis proved he was a good backup capable of playing just as good as TT on any given Sunday!

826663[/snapback]

TT is HoF.

WM isn't.

Don't even go there.

TT is HoF.

WM isn't.

Don't even go there.

826665[/snapback]

how the hell did you pull that out of the post. nowhere did he say that WM was a HOFer or that he is as good as thruman. he simply said that trashing willis today is like trashing thomas for the comeback game, simply because they were hurt and the backup played well.

how the hell did you pull that out of the post. nowhere did he say that WM was a HOFer or that he is as good as thruman. he simply said that trashing willis today is like trashing thomas for the comeback game, simply because they were hurt and the backup played well.

826669[/snapback]

My words exactly!

That is a stupid argument. How can anyone make an IRREFUTABLE argument when Willis never actually played in that game??? That doesn't mean that you cannot make an educated guess, based on 2 years of watching him play. In my opinion:

Willis would not have scored on that second TD that ATrain TD. The same hole would have been there, but Willis would have done his patented "shuffle dance" and would have been tackled for a 3 yard gain. We have seen it all too often all year.

But of course the offensive line played better for ATrain, right? PLEASE...

Actually, yes it is.  Unless you can give me one irrefutable thing that Thomas did yesterday that Willis wouldn't have then this is silly stuff that deserves silliness.

K?

826677[/snapback]

I was going to start a thread along this line.

Earlier in the season I made the comment that he seems to hit the hole much harder than Willis. He running style just seems to be better suited for the weak OL. Using him may also be a potential bandage for the pathetic pass protection.

Actually, yes it is.  Unless you can give me one irrefutable thing that Thomas did yesterday that Willis wouldn't have then this is silly stuff that deserves silliness.

K?

826677[/snapback]

If Willis and A-train are virtually interchangeable why should Willis start?

That is a stupid argument.  How can anyone make an IRREFUTABLE argument when Willis never actually played in that game??? That doesn't mean that you cannot make an educated guess, based on 2 years of watching him play.  In my opinion:

Willis would not have scored on that second TD that ATrain TD.  The same hole would have been there, but Willis would have done his patented "shuffle dance" and would have been tackled for a 3 yard gain.  We have seen it all too often all year.

But of course the offensive line played better for ATrain, right?  PLEASE...

826685[/snapback]

Actually, he did play, but don't let that get in your way.

To say that this team is better off with Thomas as the starting RB after one game is utter nonsense.

He gained 90 yards on 20 carries. That's a good day's work and he should be extremely happy with his results. Turning that performance into a bench Willis (who I could give a crap if he stays or goes) argument is stuupid.

Your argument is like me saying that under the same circumstances Willis would have gained 93 yards, so there! It's stuupid!

Shelton caught a swing pass yesterday that was good for 13 yards. We should run that play more often.

To say that this team is better off with Thomas as the starting RB after one game is utter nonsense.

826711[/snapback]

To say WM is unequivocably better than AT is utter nonsense. In my mind Willis has done nothing in the NFL to prove that he is a better RB than AT. So why start Willis?

wow, i am shocked it took this long for the willis bashers to come out in full force.

A-train played well in place of willis yesterday. The line did a good job of run blocking. Willis would have put up the same numbers A-train did if he wasnt hurt.

826651[/snapback]

McGahee: 3.8 ypc

Thomas: 4.8 ypc

McGahee has only went over 4 yards per carry in one game vs. the Jets. That's ONE GAME! Whenever it happens people blame the box from being crowded. Well what do you think the Packers were doing with the QB has only 100 yards passing?

McGahee wouldn't have done what Thomas did. There is no statistical evidence to back that up.

Boy what a thing to debate, which RB to start. :P I think it is a good thing to have two capable RB. The only thing I would like to see is them used as a combo, punch because of thier running style differences........but all in all the RB position is one of the last positions I would worry about........Unless WM is out long term, then back up would be come a concern.

Boy what a thing to debate, which RB to start.  :P  I think it is a good thing to have two capable RB.  The only thing I would like to see is them used as a combo, punch  because of thier running style differences........but all in all the RB position is one of the last positions I would worry about........Unless WM is out long term, then back up would be come a concern.

826742[/snapback]

A Train looks alot like Larry Johnson in stature and runs like him also.I agree WM needs to find the bench even if hes healthy,and see if A Train can give this 0, a spark

Regardless of anyone's opinion on who should be our starting RB, the Green Bay game proved one fact:

Runningback is the easiest position in the NFL to replace.

That's why when his contract is up Willis should just be sent on his way to resign elsewhere. And yes, this has been my stance long before yesterday.

A Train looks alot like Larry Johnson in stature and runs like him also.I agree WM needs to find the bench even if hes healthy,and see if A Train can give this 0, a spark

826755[/snapback]

Why does McGahee need to find the bench?

Like PAcificcoast and I have both mentioned, why don't the Bills use them both, have a running back tandum like they do in NE with Dillon and Maroney? Is it really going to hurt anyone (besides the other teams D) running 2 good running backs?

Why does McGahee need to find the bench?

Like PAcificcoast and I have both mentioned, why don't the Bills use them both, have a running back tandum like they do in NE with Dillon and Maroney? Is it really going to hurt anyone (besides the other teams D) running 2 good running backs?

826760[/snapback]

Because he is heartless,and lackst he passion he had when he was trying to win the job against Travis Henry.When is the last time you saw Willas punish someone with that devastating stiff arm he had 2 years ago?I havent seen it all season,and i think if A Train were to start it would motivate Willas if nthin else.