Neocons Now Turning On Bush

Vanity Fair is a pretty-highly regarded magazine. It's often cited as one of the best-written magazines in the US, and its essays win national awards every year.

824834[/snapback]

Who needs your facts, sir!?

Don't you know, VF is writing things that don't show the admin in the best light, even with their nacissent supporters, who are now throwing Bush, Rummy and Co. under the bus in said magazine. Ergo, VF must be ridiculed.

What did you expect from the pile-on group here on PPP? You need to set your standard of discourse much lower.

Vanity Fair is a pretty-highly regarded magazine. It's often cited as one of the best-written magazines in the US, and its essays win national awards every year.

824834[/snapback]

Don't worry, I doubt very much he's even heard of Vanity Fair.

One of the things I dislike about VF is they give that pompous ass Chris Hitchens too much space.

It's too bad they can't afford to stay on the air.

RTB

824631[/snapback]

Ya know, I don't listen to talk radio very much. I did love listening to Hannity on the way home from work during the Terri Schivo thing, THAT WAS ENTERTAINING! 'She's about to talk!!' ;) But I have a theory that Conservatives are much more into talk radio because their jobs are much simpler. They can do their little jobs with the radio on because they don't have to think while they do whatever they do. Liberals--who read more, btw--have jobs that require thinking, creativity and action, so no time to sit around and be propagandized. And what time of day is Rush Limbo on? Right during the middle of the day. And what time is Colbert on? At night when Liberals are getting ready to turn in to be ready to work the next day.

Uhh... actually, Vanity Fair is a long-time literary mag. How you say you read Playboy for the articles, VF just has the articles.

Which of course raises the question of why anyone would ever read VF. I can get all the left wing journalism I need plus beautiful naked women in Playboy. ;)

But I have a theory that Conservatives are much more into talk radio because their jobs are much simpler. They can do their little jobs with the radio on because they don't have to think while they do whatever they do. Liberals--who read more, btw--have jobs that require thinking, creativity and action, so no time to sit around and be propagandized. And what time of day is Rush Limbo on? Right during the middle of the day. And what time is Colbert on? At night when Liberals are getting ready to turn in to be ready to work the next day.

824889[/snapback]

?????

What jobs do conservatives have and what jobs do liberals have? I can't wait to hear this.

824834[/snapback]

Best-written magazines in the US. Have you seen the cover of this week's VF? It has a picture of Brad Pitt in his underwear! Let's keep on believing that little girls are reading it for the articles. ;)

Here is a picture of a topless Paris Hilton on the cover of VF. Picture

?????

What jobs do conservatives have and what jobs do liberals have?  I can't wait to hear this.

824911[/snapback]

May I be allowed to alter my theory? Actually the lib and con don't even need to have different jobs, it can be the very same job. Like Clinton and Bush have the same job, one did it with competence they other dithered and vacationed. While Clinton was involved and listened to his advisors, I could very much see Bush sitting there listening to Rush Limbo. We know Cheney only watches Fox. And they do believe their own propaganda, that's pretty obvious

May I be allowed to alter my theory? Actually the lib and con don't even need to have different jobs, it can be the very same job. Like Clinton and Bush have the same job, one did it with competence they other dithered and vacationed. While Clinton was involved and listened to his advisors, I could very much see Bush sitting there listening to Rush Limbo. We know Cheney only watches Fox. And they do believe their own propaganda, that's pretty obvious

824984[/snapback]

So conservatives dither and vacation and therefore have time to listen to "Rush Limbo" (awesome nickname, dude. Clever!) while liberals have no time for radio because they're too competent? :);)

It's good some Conservatives are totally embarassed by the like of O'Reilly, Hannity and Rush, too bad so many worship them. And yes we Dems have our scary people too.

824624[/snapback]

Thanks for putting words in my mouth. Since when does not watching them equate to being totally embarassed? Totally?? What are you, 17?

So conservatives dither and vacation and therefore have time to listen to "Rush Limbo" (awesome nickname, dude.  Clever!) while liberals have no time for radio because they're too competent? :P  :unsure:

825000[/snapback]

Obviously liberals never take vacations, they are too busy working and being competent.

Kerry had a perfect congressional attendence record, which is why he personally didn't listen to conservative radio.

Best-written magazines in the US.  Have you seen the cover of this week's VF?  It has a picture of Brad Pitt in his underwear!  Let's keep on believing that little girls are reading it for the articles.  :P

Here is a picture of a topless Paris Hilton on the cover of VF.  Picture

824935[/snapback]

You have trouble differentiating between the written word and pictures?

VF often highlights the hottest pop-culture topics in its photos, which are also highly regarded.

VF's focus is pop culture but again, it's regarded as one of the best-written magazines in the US.

You have trouble differentiating between the written word and pictures?

VF often highlights the hottest pop-culture topics in its photos, which are also highly regarded.

VF's focus is pop culture but again, it's regarded as one of the best-written magazines in the US.

826498[/snapback]

Exactly!

Here is the one-click history form V.F. website:

VanityFair History

In 1992, Graydon Carter, a veteran of both Time and Life, co-founder of Spy, and editor of The New York Observer, stepped in and ramped up the magazine, bringing it to new levels of journalistic prowess—and profitability. Carter enlisted a stable of A-list contributors (including Christopher Hitchens, Bryan Burrough, David Halberstam, Nick Tosches, and Michael Wolff), expanded the magazine's mandate to cover news and world affairs...

Exactly!

Here is the one-click history form V.F. website:

VanityFair History

In 1992, Graydon Carter, a veteran of both Time and Life, co-founder of Spy, and editor of The New York Observer, stepped in and ramped up the magazine, bringing it to new levels of journalistic prowess—and profitability. Carter enlisted a stable of A-list contributors (including Christopher Hitchens, Bryan Burrough, David Halberstam, Nick Tosches, and Michael Wolff), expanded the magazine's mandate to cover news and world affairs...

826504[/snapback]

Hitchen's articles alone were (and are, I guess, though I've soured on him lately) the cover price.