A really stupid question

Tolstoy

who f-ing cares....all our games are 1 pm starts...now if we had nite games i might be concerned

Do sleeping pills slow down your reaction time?  I remember reading last year that J.P. Losman has been taking sleeping pills at night.  Maybe this is his problem!!!

Then again, maybe he just stinks.

817417[/snapback]

Do sleeping pills slow down your reaction time?  I remember reading last year that J.P. Losman has been taking sleeping pills at night.  Maybe this is his problem!!!

817417[/snapback]

They only slow your reaction time during the period they are being effective, usually about 8 hours. So unless J.P. is taking them the morning of games, they should not be a problem.

I think J.P. has made significant progress. This is his first opportunity for significant playing time and he's still, obviously, learning. Plus, the OL has not afforded him a reliable security blanket. Things could be worse; ask Parcells about his (former) starting QB.

They only slow your reaction time during the period they are being effective, usually about 8 hours.  So unless J.P. is taking them the morning of games, they should not be a problem. 

I think J.P. has made significant progress.  This is his first opportunity for significant playing time and he's still, obviously, learning.  Plus, the OL has not afforded him a reliable security blanket.  Things could be worse; ask Parcells about his (former) starting QB.

817517[/snapback]

Im not really a huge fan of Bledsoe's but I do think that we would have won 2 more games if he was still our QB. We scored very few offensive points against New England and only lost by 2 points. I think we would have ATLEAST gotten 1 more field goal with Bledsoe at the helm. We also barely lost to the Lions. I could see Bledsoe getting us atleast 1 more TD in that game (didnt JP throw a pick in the redzone? cant remember)

That being said I do like JP and his promise ... but at this stage of his career I do think we are actually better off (W/L wise) with Bledsoe.

That being said, I have been wrong before, and maybe im wrong now.

817417[/snapback]

Good attempt......but totally obvious none the less. :doh:

Back on the Quaaludes? :doh:

817417[/snapback]

Im not really a huge fan of Bledsoe's but I do think that we would have won 2 more games if he was still our QB. We scored very few offensive points against New England and only lost by 2 points. I think we would have ATLEAST gotten 1 more field goal with Bledsoe at the helm. We also barely lost to the Lions. I could see Bledsoe getting us atleast 1 more TD in that game (didnt JP throw a pick in the redzone? cant remember)

That being said I do like JP and his promise ... but at this stage of his career I do think we are actually better off (W/L wise) with Bledsoe.

That being said, I have been wrong before, and maybe im wrong now.

817518[/snapback]

Have to disagree with you. You have taken the offensive production (term used very loosely) and assumed that DB would have done atleast that and more. I think that is not a good assumption since some of the drives were kept alive by JP's scrambling. Also the first four games were largely turnover-free from JP's side while DB may have thrown a pick. This is purely a case of what could have happened if DB was still here, which he is not and if he were I don't think our W-L would be any different today considering the OL still stinks.

817417[/snapback]

I depends on the brand/type. OTC pills I've taken, I remember one name brand that I would feel groggy the next day. A store brand I use now I feel alot more alert the next day.

They only slow your reaction time during the period they are being effective, usually about 8 hours.  So unless J.P. is taking them the morning of games, they should not be a problem. 

I think J.P. has made significant progress.  This is his first opportunity for significant playing time and he's still, obviously, learning.  Plus, the OL has not afforded him a reliable security blanket.  Things could be worse; ask Parcells about his (former) starting QB.

817517[/snapback]

I agree JP has made progress but as far as sleeping pills are concerned they definitely affect you longer than 8 hours. I've taken something as simple as 1 tylenol PM at 8 PM before and felt the effects for almost the entire next day. It's like a lingering grogginess (word?) that you can only kill with about 9 cups of coffee (not good in itself)

JP should can the sleeping pills and go the herbal route or just learn how to meditate.

I agree JP has made progress but as far as sleeping pills are concerned they definitely affect you longer than 8 hours.  I've taken something as simple as 1 tylenol PM at 8 PM before and felt the effects for almost the entire next day.  It's like a lingering grogginess (word?) that you can only kill with about 9 cups of coffee (not good in itself)

JP should can the sleeping pills and go the herbal route or just learn how to meditate.

817573[/snapback]

I have found that melatonin works great to induce sleep without side effects. Note we are all digressing here. Back to the main point - do we know to what extent he uses the sleeping pills ? We have very little information to base our speculation on.

I depends on the brand/type. OTC pills I've taken, I remember one name brand that I would feel groggy the next day. A store brand I use now I feel alot more alert the next day.

817567[/snapback]

Never understood why people having trouble sleeping need to result to pills. Either have a few drinks or knock one out right before bed. (or both) you'll sleep like a baby.

817417[/snapback]

I don't know, as I don't use sleeping pills. I just read pyrite gals' posts...

Im not really a huge fan of Bledsoe's but I do think that we would have won 2 more games if he was still our QB.

817518[/snapback]

Why would we want that, though? With Bledsoe maybe we go 7-9 or 8-8 every year IF EVEN THAT....and we know what he brings to the table (I won't go there). We needed to see if JP is the next franchise QB for this team....if not, we move on and try someone else on for size until we get it right. I'd rather have a lousy record and be trying to find the right guy as opposed to having an average record and knowing the guy we have won't ever take us anywhere.

Never understood why people having trouble sleeping need to result to pills. Either have a few drinks or knock one out right before bed. (or both) you'll sleep like a baby.

817682[/snapback]

Because every once in a while, I need just one good nights sleep to feel recharged. For me, we're talking maybe once a month, not like I'm taking them every night.