I think 6 weeks is a good time...

To really evaluate Marv's "work" this past offseason.

1) Jauron - Why? Why a guy who failed in Chicago, has no spark, has no creativity? I see the way the Jets play for Eric Mangini and I wonder why we can never seem to find a coach like that. One who's able to maximize the talent of his players and come up with new and interesting ways to cover up deficiencies.

2) The Draft - Holy hell. Well, despite a few big plays, McCargo's been an absoulte waste, Donte looks okay at times, same for Ko Simpson. Kyle Williams looks to be the best player of the draft by far so far. Too bad he's too small.

3) Tutan Reyes and Melvin Fowler - Please. Are you kidding me?

In short, Marv gets one more offseason to address THE problem on this team. The one that's been an elephant in the room for 10 years. The one that has caused the failure of literally dozens of QBs and RBs here in that same timespan.

He gets ONE more offseason to FIX THE GOD-DAMNED OL!

Jesus Harold Christ, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that this has been THE weak spot on the team, but it's like Marv AVOIDED the issue altogether. Is that directive coming from Ralph, who knows he can't sell jerseys of workhorse OL?

It's terrible, a disgrace and (shocker) a disappointment to know that yet again, we get to watch a "rebuilding" team.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To really evaluate Marv's "work" this past offseason.

1) Jauron - Why? Why a guy who failed in Chicago, has no spark, has no creativity? I see the way the Jets play for Eric Mangini and I wonder why we can never seem to find a coach like that. One who's able to maximize the talent of his players and come up with new and interesting ways to cover up deficiencies.

2) The Draft - Holy hell. Well, despite a few big plays, McCargo's been an absoulte waste, Donte looks okay at times, same for Ko Simpson. Kyle Williams looks to be the best player of the draft by far so far. Too bad he's too small.

3) Tutan Reyes and Melvin Fowler - Please. Are you kidding me?

In short, Marv gets one more offseason to address THE problem on this team. The one that's been an elephant in the room for 10 years. The one that has caused the failure of literally dozens of QBs and RBs here in that same timespan.

He gets ONE more offseason to FIX THE GOD-DAMNED OL!

Totally agreed. Just cause Marv wasa good coach and Wilson's friend, it does not mean he was the best choice as GM. Hapless, Hopeless, whatever...

Jesus Harold Christ, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that this has been THE weak spot on the team, but it's like Marv AVOIDED the issue altogether. Is that directive coming from Ralph, who knows he can't sell jerseys of workhorse OL?

It's terrible, a disgrace and (shocker) a disappointment to know that yet again, we get to watch a "rebuilding" team.

806424[/snapback]

In all fairness, Marv has stated...and many guys smarter than us agree with him...that you start with D first. You can try to patchwork all things at the same time, but I have no problem with him getting us a long-term D in place before he addresses the offense.

806437[/snapback]

Ducky. Well, I guess I should just resign myself to this cobbled-together patchwork of 2nd and 3rd stringers on the OL for what, another 5 years while Marv builds a defense capable of holding the Lions to under 500 yards?

1) The Coach. - Because Ralph is too freaking cheap to pay for one.

2) The Draft - too early to tell, put they have all played well for rookies.

3) Tutan Reyes and Melvin Fowler - No joke there, but they would be great backups.

I guess this is the death of the kinder, gentler JSP?  To tell the truth I didn't think he'd live this long.  :lol:

806442[/snapback]

I have to admit, I was shocked and suprised at how the Bills played in September. This is more along the lines of what I was expecting. I thought maybe, just MAYBE they'd prove me wrong this year. I did it again, I surrendered to hope despite the fact that I said I wouldn't. I'm a sucker, and so is anyone else that believes THIS team will ever win a SB.

In all fairness, Marv has stated...and many guys smarter than us agree with him...that you start with D first. You can try to patchwork all things at the same time, but I have no problem with him getting us a long-term D in place before he addresses the offense.

806437[/snapback]

Until Ralph loosens the purse strings a bit we are going to be building that D for a long time.

Ducky. Well, I guess I should just resign myself to this cobbled-together patchwork of 2nd and 3rd stringers on the OL for what, another 5 years while Marv builds a defense capable of holding the Lions to under 500 yards?

806441[/snapback]

Are you predicting that Marv & Ralph will outlive you?

If so, put me down for $100.

I fault Marv I guess in not addressing the oline in free agency in any real sense. Steve Hutchinson was available and we should have made a major move for him. My Ngata rants were to address the DT situation as we need folks who can do a lot and stop the run. Whitner may prove to be a real stud pick but we did have Vincent.

Jauron? I was less than impressed but I think he'll be okay.

Despite Sunday, I'm not all that displeased with the way the team is going, and expect them to improve. I'm still pulling for 3-4 at the bye and an 8-8 season.

I think ML and Jauron have two to three years to get to the playoffs.

I've been pretty positive about this team for the most part. I was even OK with Last week's debacle in Chicago.

806456[/snapback]

We knew it wouldnt last. hence the need for the pool. Had you waited until next wednesday to have your meltdown, i would have had $500 in my pocket.

re: #3 those two have really played pretty well overall if you've watched all the games (which I assume you have).

IMO -

The areas of concern right now for Marv to address ASAP are: LT, RG, DT(again), CB(assuming Clements goes), and FB.

The areas to address in the near future are MLB, DE, and maybe TE again.

I like the progress JP has made still, even with the occasional frustrating quarter or half. His accuracy and reads have improved drastically from last year. They need to stay the course with him.

re: #3 those two have really played pretty well overall if you've watched all the games (which I assume you have).

IMO -

The areas of concern right now for Marv to address ASAP are: LT, RG, DT(again), CB(assuming Clements goes), and FB.

The areas to address in the near future are MLB, DE, and maybe TE again.

I like the progress JP has made still, even with the occasional frustrating quarter or half. His accuracy and reads have improved drastically from last year. They need to stay the course with him.

806462[/snapback]

I'm with you on JP. He does look better, and as well as he can behind that OL.

Fowler's been better than Teague, yeah, but that ain't saying much. Reyes...I'm not going to say anything positive about that guy.

Villarial...time to hang em up, champ.

Gandy...Oh...My...GOD.