I think 6 weeks is a good time...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, i'm still waiting for you to spit your first rhyme.

807482[/snapback]

:lol: Okay, I'll get to work on that....but I should warn you....I don't spit....I flow! ;)

When the Bills cut Ruben, he was still a decent run blocker. He had great technique. Still does. On passing downs, he was tossed around like a frisbee. If you recall, he looked like he lost 30 or 40 pounds.

It is my opinion, and merely that, an opinion, that he went off the steroids, thus the weight loss. I wasn't too upset when he left. Little did I know that we would neglect the guard position for evermore.  ;)

806901[/snapback]

With the departure of Reuben, I was pretty sure that the Bills were going to draft Steinbach. I kept hoping for him to fall...and I almost fell off my couch when they picked Wilis. :lol:

BTW, 2 more B'gals injuries...Levi Jones tore up his left knee, and WR Kelley Washington pulled a hamstring.

I disagree, the Patriots showed quite clearly in their first SB year(& probably the following 2) that they were not great in any area....offense, defense, special teams.....the only things they were great at were winning games, playing as a cohesive team that would never give up & kicking game winning field goals.

807477[/snapback]

At first glance the Patriots would seem to be an exception to the rule that you need to achieve greatness somewhere. Maybe they are. But maybe the reason they won those Super Bowls was because parts of the team could achieve greatness for a time. One week Tom Brady might look like Joe Montana, and their defense would be above average. The next week their defense might look like the '85 Bears, with Tom Brady being above average. Their special teams were always clutch.

Actually the 2002 Raiders offense scored more than each of the Cowboys SB teams of the '90s.

807481[/snapback]

Point production understates the dominance of those Cowboys offensive units. That offense liked to eat up the clock. So they'd march down the field, take 7 or ten minutes off the clock, and settle for a field goal. Their goal wasn't to score as many points as possible, it was to shorten games and to keep their defense off the field. Which they did.

If you look at the Cowboys' offensive line, it was significantly more dominant than the Raiders' was. Nobody pushed the Cowboys' offensive line around the way Tampa Bay pushed around the Raiders' line. Emmitt Smith was a better RB than any the Raiders had that year. The Cowboys also were better at FB and TE. The Raiders were better at #3 WR, and maybe even at #2 WR, but that's about it.

Point production understates the dominance of those Cowboys offensive units.  That offense liked to eat up the clock.  So they'd march down the field, take 7 or ten minutes off the clock, and settle for a field goal.  Their goal wasn't to score as many points as possible, it was to shorten games and to keep their defense off the field.  Which they did.

If you look at the Cowboys' offensive line, it was significantly more dominant than the Raiders' was.  Nobody pushed the Cowboys' offensive line around the way Tampa Bay pushed around the Raiders' line.  Emmitt Smith was a better RB than any the Raiders had that year.  The Cowboys also were better at FB and TE.  The Raiders were better at #3 WR, and maybe even at #2 WR, but that's about it.

807901[/snapback]

Well, as much as I hate the Cowboys, I won't disagree with you since Mark Stepnoski is a friend of the family :P