Death Toll of Americans in Iraq

What disturbs me so much is that leading up to the "magic number" of 1000, the liberals were doing almost the equivelant of a Casey Kasem countdown.

Now that the 1000 number has been passed, i don't see anyone posting the totals anymore.

What disturbs me so much is that leading up to the "magic number"  of 1000, the liberals were doing almost the equivelant of a Casey Kasem countdown. 

Now that the 1000 number has been passed, i don't see anyone posting the totals anymore.

57807[/snapback]

Thats because the wacked out libers made thier point. They simply wanted to drive home a number....they succeeded.

But then again, as I have said 10,642 times before...that is what a good liber lives for. Bad news, dispair, agony...then tye have something to B word, moan, and complain about. Without such things, they would have no purpose in thie life.

Thats because the wacked out libers made thier point. They simply wanted to drive home a number....they succeeded.

But then again, as I have said 10,642 times before...that is what a good liber lives for. Bad news, dispair, agony...then tye have something to B word, moan, and complain about. Without such things, they would have no purpose in thie life.

57825[/snapback]

They sound alot like the current generation of BILLS "fans."

57825[/snapback]

On the contrary Rich. You might tell yourself that, it is just not true.

In doing something that you think is certain, when do you finally decide to change course when thinks go wrong? When does the plan change?

Or are you too blind to the fact that sticking to your guns doesn't always work? You know the difference between the mutt mentality and the pure-breed? Who usually knows how to adapt and overcome?

I think it is the guy who changes, rather than the guy who stubbornly defends failed opinions.

GWB didn't have to paint himself in a corner with the Iraq war. That is his own doing.

Kind of gets easier after the first 1000 body bags come home doesn't it? Just keeps on keepin on. The deaths going from being tragedies to being statistics. Welcome to the world of war. Might have been nice if the right wing whackos thought about this before we went in.

57825[/snapback]

Believe it or not, Richio, many liberals don't worship at the altar of death and are actually want to see an end to injustice and needless killing. If you're implying that many liberals live for the struggle to spread the ideals of compassion and justice and equality around the world (like what the neocons are claiming to do, but misguidedly through war), you are correct. If you are implying otherwise, you are wasting your time.

I am almost mad at myself for replying to another of your unfounded, ridiculous statements, but I felt I had to divert the flow of the echo chamber for a minute.

OK, fire away with another stupid one.

i don't think those who are against the war wanted 1000 american soldiers killed, but i think they were chomping at the bit to shove that total down the President's throat.

as far as him changing his direction in order to be seen as a bigger man in the eyes of the nation..... he still believes that what he is doing is right which is why he isn't admiting any error or changing.

Believe it or not, Richio, many liberals don't worship at the altar of death and are actually want to see an end to injustice and needless killing.  If you're implying that many liberals live for the struggle to spread the ideals of compassion and justice and equality around the world (like what the neocons are claiming to do, but misguidedly through war), you are correct.  If you are implying otherwise, you are wasting your time.

I am almost mad at myself for replying to another of your unfounded, ridiculous statements, but I felt I had to divert the flow of the echo chamber for a minute.

OK, fire away with another stupid one.

57858[/snapback]

Exactly.

What you libbers have forgotten is that Kerry plans on staying there and send more troops and increase the size of the military .Kerry will activate the draft not Bush.

Kerry said we should be there and then he said we shoulnt and then said we should a real decision maker isnt he? Kerry makes Bush look good when it comes to decisions

Kerry is a phoney and has been for years and all the libbers know it, good thing the libbers didnt pick Liberman or Dean I might have voted for either of them. I wonder if Ter ay za has considered the Betty Ford clinic :lol::lol:

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

You Bushies get more pathetic by the minute... If you want a ticker on casualties on this board, I'll give you one so that SOMEONE FIN REMEMBERS what in the hell is happening over there. I'm just as mad now as I was when Congress gave the #!!@# authorization for this exercise in futility. Yes, I KNOW, Kerry voted yes, but that's not the point.. we were MISLED, drug into this crap, and now the misery compounds itself.

The VOTERS by voting for a president give him the power, but that doesn't mean he has the right to misuse it. So a Kerry yes vote is meaningless without proper discretion.

Analogy: They give us guns at the gates on base for security, but that DOES NOT MEAN we shoot everyone who fails to follow procedures. HUGE DIFFERENCE.

I look forward to the election. The error of 2000 WILL be erased.

i don't think those who are against the war wanted 1000 american soldiers killed, but i think they were chomping at the bit to shove that total down the President's throat.

as far as him changing his direction in order to be seen as a bigger man in the eyes of the nation..... he still believes that what he is doing is right which is why he isn't admiting any error or changing.

57866[/snapback]

And why wouldn't you want to shove the total down his throat, when all the while you have been telling him he is going about it the wrong way?

I guess you can change the LBJ chant?

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
What you libbers have forgotten is that Kerry plans on staying there and send more troops and increase the size of the military .Kerry will activate the draft not Bush.

Kerry said we should be there and then he said we shoulnt and then said we should a real decision maker isnt he? Kerry makes Bush look good when it comes to decisions

Kerry is a phoney and has been for years and all the libbers know it, good thing the libbers didnt pick Liberman or Dean I might have voted for either of them. I wonder if Ter ay za has considered the Betty Ford clinic :lol:  :lol:

57906[/snapback]

That draft talk is just smear tactics and RNC crap... you know it!

YOU vote for Howard Dean? NEVER. THAT my friend is gross exaggeration.

WHY would YOU vote for Howard??? Tell me. PLEASE. :lol::lol:

You Bushies get more pathetic by the minute... If you want a ticker on casualties on this board, I'll give you one so that SOMEONE FIN REMEMBERS what in the hell is happening over there. I'm just as mad now as I was when Congress gave the #!!@# authorization for this exercise in futility. Yes, I KNOW, Kerry voted yes, but that's not the point.. we were MISLED, drug into this crap, and now the misery compounds itself.

The VOTERS by voting for a president give him the power, but that doesn't mean he has the right to misuse it. So a Kerry yes vote is meaningless without proper discretion.

Analogy: They give us guns at the gates on base for security, but that DOES NOT MEAN we shoot everyone who fails to follow procedures. HUGE DIFFERENCE.

57907[/snapback]

I read where someone is making a bronze tree with all the killed soldiers having a leaf with their name.

It has been reported he is having a hard time keeping up.

57907[/snapback]

if you don't think Kerry knew in advance that his YES vote was to go to war and not just authorize it, you are mistaken. of course it is easy to be mistaken when he says one day that he was mislead,...the next day he says, he would have done the same thing...the next day he says, wrong war-war time blah blah...the next day is something different.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
I read where someone is making a bronze tree with all the killed soldiers having a leaf with their name.

It has been reported he is having a hard time keeping up.

57915[/snapback]

I am not suprised. It SUCKS being over here during election time... Hoping for the best, really.

I'm proud to say that EVERY rep from Vermont in Congress voted against the war, and Howard Dean was against it from the start... Leahy cursed out Cheney, Jeffords became independent, Bernie Sanders is all heart and means well even though he's too far left for me. Old America still exists here in the wilds, the good ol country :lol:

What really sucks is the fact that things over there are so bad that Kerry would need to take a long time to get us out. I know he'll do it sooner... he's no LBJ or Nixon. I can hope, anyways...

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
if you don't think Kerry knew in advance that his YES vote was to go to war and not just authorize it, you are mistaken.  of course it is easy to be mistaken when he says one day that he was mislead,...the next day he says, he would have done the same thing...the next day he says, wrong war-war time blah blah...the next day is something different.

57920[/snapback]

Where is the quote saying that he would have done the same thing? If he did say that, Bush would have constantly mentioned it, so I doubt he said that. If you can prove it, be my guest.

Now I know how the Vietnam era Americans felt... it is a very helpless feeling, knowing that the mess is bad, and nothing seems to be improving.. Thank GOD we don't have the draft. Kerry would never bring it back... that talk is all horse hockey.

That draft talk is just smear tactics and RNC crap... you know it!

YOU vote for Howard Dean? NEVER. THAT my friend is gross exaggeration.

WHY would YOU vote for Howard??? Tell me. PLEASE.  :lol:  :lol:

57912[/snapback]

That draft talk is just smear tactics and RNC crap... you know it

No its not .Kerry said he wanted to increase the number of troops in the military .Explain please

80 in September alone.  We've not forgotten - I'm sure the kkkcompassionate kkkconservatives would prefer that we did.

57868[/snapback]

Good thing that the black & Jewish conservatives have a sense of humor, otherwise this would be perceived as a derogatory slam.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
No its not .Kerry said he wanted to increase the number of troops in the military .Explain please

57986[/snapback]

Emphasizing service to your country by entering the armed forces, and increasing recruiting budgets through the DOD??? Nothing wrong with that. That's not a draft.

Well, FIRST we'd have to give citizens REASONS TO TRUST their leaders. We have failed at that so far, and it is sorry and pathetic.

Now explain why you would VOTE for HOWARD DEAN. I am waiting!!!!!! :lol::lol:

Emphasizing service to your country by entering the armed forces, and increasing recruiting budgets through the DOD??? Nothing wrong with that. That's not a draft.

Well, FIRST we'd have to give citizens REASONS TO TRUST their leaders. We have failed at that so far, and it is sorry and pathetic.

Now explain why you would VOTE for HOWARD DEAN. I am waiting!!!!!!  :lol:  :lol:

58001[/snapback]

Hard to get enlistments when there is an eminent dager of getting thier butt blown away ,talk to a recruiter they will tell you its not who is in office but the situation it was an easy sell with no war

I guess the shortest way to say this is that he is not Bush nor is he especially Kerry.What Kerry did when he returned for Viet Nam was a disgrace because the war was still going and more over there were still prisoners of not to mention accusing in general , atrocities committed by the military. Did he have a right to say what he did back then ,as an American certainly , but descretion is the better part of valor .How could you possibility trust him?

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Hard to get enlistments when there is an eminent dager of getting thier butt blown away ,talk to a recruiter they will tell you its not who is in  office but the situation  it was an easy sell with no war

I guess the shortest way to say this is that he is not Bush nor is he especially Kerry.What Kerry did when he returned for Viet Nam was a disgrace because the war was still going and more over  there were still prisoners of  not to mention accusing in general , atrocities committed by the military. Did he have a right to say what he did back then ,as an American certainly , but descretion is the better part of valor .How could you possibility trust him?

58077[/snapback]

Of COURSE it is, BUT it truly is the wrong war to be involved in... the purpose and goals are very suspect and they have numerous flaws.

I HAVE to trust him; the system leaves me no choice. The failure of the past 4 years in foreign policy have made us look ignorant and hypocritical.

Howard Dean is more liberal than Kerry is, which is why I said you'd never vote for him. I like him because although he is more left, he is determined, intelligent, honest (too much sometimes), and he has concrete plans that contain no waffling. When you get Howard, you know what you get. There is no show, no mystery... But the point is moot. I'll take my chances with a new administration.

The saddest thing about this string is that it morphed into hawk vs dove bs without ever mentioning the poor soldiers who have been wounded and will never be the same as when they left. Forget the bs for a second and give some thought to the forgotten troops who have lost body parts and/or are psychologically damaged. They number a lot higher than the dead and they will need the help of all of us in the years to come. These are the true innocent victims of this war. If you have a thriving business, try to hire some of these heroes who gave up a lot more than any of us posting our views here. They all need help in rebuilding their lives.

The saddest thing about this string is that it morphed into  hawk vs dove bs without ever mentioning the poor soldiers who have been wounded and will never be the same as when they left.  Forget the bs for a second and give some thought to the forgotten troops who have lost body parts and/or are psychologically damaged.  They number a lot higher than the dead and they will need the help of all of us in the years to come.  These are the true innocent victims of this war.  If you have a thriving business, try to hire some of these heroes who gave up a lot more than any of us posting our views here.  They all need help in rebuilding their lives.

58149[/snapback]

Well said

57866[/snapback]

Ahhh, there in lie the quandry. The very thing he beleiveds is right, is the thing that makes him wrong.....

Keep in mind ,although no WMD's have been found Iraq is an intregal part of the war on terror. Namely I am talking about Saddams gift to each family of ten thousand dollars of a Palestine suicide bomber,.He also stated he would give ten thousand dollars to any familiy of a suicide bomber and woudl continue to do so , I would say that is actively support terrorism. Had he not been stopped who knows how far he would have extended this. No , this was certainly the right war , I blame our military commanders for not ending this sooner

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Keep in mind ,although no WMD's have been found Iraq is an intregal part of the war on terror. Namely I am talking about Saddams gift to each family of ten thousand dollars of a Palestine suicide bomber,.He also stated he would give ten thousand dollars to any familiy of a suicide bomber and woudl continue to do so  , I would say that is actively support terrorism. Had he not been stopped who knows how far he would have extended this. No , this was certainly the right war , I blame our military commanders for not ending this sooner

58189[/snapback]

We fund Israel and sell them weapons in THEIR terrorist activities...

THAT in itself is wrong as well.

Maybe would should just make the mideast a canal like I have been saying. Seize the oil, and annhilate the mideast. What about the innocents, you say? Too bad, collateral damage. The life of an American is greater than the life of 10,000 Muslim savages.

Maybe would should just make the mideast a canal like I have been saying. Seize the oil, and annhilate the mideast. What about the innocents, you say? Too bad, collateral damage. The life of an American is greater than the life of 10,000 Muslim savages.

59336[/snapback]

[reminder to self on]

Stop drinking NJ water. Stop drinking NJ water. Stop drinking NJ water.

[reminder to self /off]