Chicago Road Trip - report & Pics

First off - the pics: http://community.webshots.com/album/554726304IFqILY

I was impressed by Chicago. PRETTY GIRLS! LOTS OF 'EM!! The museum area was gorgeous, and downtown was clean and walkable. Only got hit up once by a panhandler, outside ESPNZone on Sunday night. We went to the Field Museum on Saturday afternoon. It was amazing, I could've spent a whole day in there. We didn't get into the Aquarium or Planetarium - perhaps on another trip. Soldier Field is also in the Museum district. The new stadium does look like a spaceship landed on Soldier Field. Apparently they were required to maintain the old facade.

The Saturday Night party at Mcgee's was good. They had free beer (domestic) from 6-8:30. TVs all over, including showing the Sabres win over Ottawa. Bills fans from all over showed up. A Bears fan bought several rounds of shots. SOCO, baby!! :( I drank alot :doh:. For some reason we decided to leave this very cool place with its many attractive women to check out the other Bills bar, which is actually a punk bar which happens to show the games on Sunday. We left pretty much immidiately, then hit one more little place before heading back.

Kenny & AussieW scouted a tailgate spot in one of the few cash lots anywhere near the stadium. It opened at 6AM and they hooked up with UDonkey to caravan over. I remembered why I never drink Bud - I had such a headache and decided I better sleep more so I ended up going back to bed after they left and slept til 9 -_- . Good thing I did, as AussieW had left her ticket in the room so I was able to bring it to her. :lol:

The weather was gorgeous and the walk over there helped clear the last of the cobwebs from Saturday night. The tailgate went very well with upwards of 40-50 attendees when all was said and done. Mostly civil Bears fans around us before the game, although I could've done without that big guy mooning us :lol: . Since Kenny drove, the bowling ball shots were flowing. :woot:

They were not nearly as anal about what you could bring into the stadium as RWS is - camera bags and even backpacks were OK. And yet I didn't fell any more or less safe...

The stadium was very nice, the upper deck reminded me of the oranges at the Aud tho - very steep walk. Many people had to stop on the way up. AussieW decided not to drink during the game because she didn't want to have to walk back down to go potty :lol:

The Bears have a tradition where the stadium announcer says "There's a timeout..." and everyone yells "WHERE?!?" then the announcer continues "...on the field" and everyone yells "Oh." They also have a fight song, which as you know we heard many many many many many many times :( We had a pretty good group of people around us and didn't get any hassles.

After the game we headed around to the player entrance. I guess I didn't realize that the players got to hook up with family & friends outside the stadium after a game. All of the players came out carrying a box with a small pizza in it. This is where we saw McCargo come out on crutches although we didn't know who it was at the time.

Funniest sign at the game: 2 people with posters. One said "Buffalo Loves Dick" and the other said "... Jauron" :D I thought it was funny anyway. Security chased them away from the post-game get-together.

When we got back to the tailgate we discovered that Bears fans had dumped our tailgate garbage on one of the cars :angry: We cleaned it up and fired up the grills, then headed back to the hotel to chill out and watch the enjoyable end to the Cowboys/Eagles game. Then we went out for dinner and watched the late game.

A great weekend (other than the game)!

Good thing I did, as AussieW had left her ticket in the room so I was able to bring it to her. :lol:

801539[/snapback]

So...you had access to Diane's room? :( Sounds like there are parts to the story that you are leaving out. :lol:

Great report Jay. Sounds like you all had a great time (cept for the game). Love the panda pic!

So...you had access to Diane's room? :(  Sounds like there are parts to the story that you are leaving out. :lol:

Great report Jay.  Sounds like you all had a great time (cept for the game).  Love the panda pic!

801587[/snapback]

Dude, we SHARED a room :lol:

First off - the pics: http://community.webshots.com/album/554726304IFqILY

I was impressed by Chicago.  PRETTY GIRLS!  LOTS OF 'EM!!  The museum area was gorgeous, and downtown was clean and walkable.  ........................ We cleaned it up and fired up the grills, then headed back to the hotel to chill out and watch the enjoyable end to the Cowboys/Eagles game.  Then we went out for dinner and watched the late game. 

801539[/snapback]

When I was in Chicago in August we went to the Aquarium, we saw about 1/2 of it before we had to leave to get to Harry Kerry's for dinner (part owned by Marv Levy) before we tried to go to the sox game which was sold out. It is definitly a cool place to go see. The area where they have the Dolphin show is amazing and it has a glass wall that gives the view of the lake to make it look like its part of the lake.

We never got to any of the museums because as one of my friends kept quoting "nothing good ever ends in eum". We did go to Buddy Guys Legends. Its a small Blues Bar with alot of memorabilia all over the place. They have some good live blues bands playing.

That Cowboys/Eagles game was not enjoyable, I had Dallas to win by 4+, they cost me $100

Couple questions about the pics, Where are the Cute Girls you speak of? and In pic 6, Is that a Coy Wire and Doug Flutie Jersey I see?

The Bears have a tradition where the stadium announcer says "There's a timeout..." and everyone yells "WHERE?!?" then the announcer continues "...on the field" and everyone yells "Oh." 

801539[/snapback]

That's one thing I wish we could get the fans together for at Buffalo. When I went to Miami, every time they'd get a first down, the announcer would say something like, "and that's three yards for a Dolphins...", and the crowd would yell "first down!"

"and that's three yards for a Dolphins...", and the crowd would yell "first down!"

The guy two seats down from us led that same cheer for the Bears. It was cute at first, but with them getting so many 1st downs - it started to sound like a broken record. :lol:

Oh....and just for the record... our room had two beds in it :lol:

The guy two seats down from us led that same cheer for the Bears.  It was cute at first, but with them getting so many 1st downs - it started to sound like a broken record.  :(

Oh....and just for the record... our room had two beds in it  :lol:

801650[/snapback]

And how many were used?

:lol: Hey, someone was going to say it.

Makes me miss living in Chicago...

Great story! My brother-in-law is a Bears season tix holder and he tells me how sick he is of the whole "time-out" chant. FWIW.