Sabres Unis

slothrop

I am starting to like the jerseys aFter seeing the first three games and seeing folks wearing the jerseys around town.

Am I the only one?

801087[/snapback]

Why the the IP Address of your PC coming from HSBC Arena?

The uniforms themselves are not that bad, especially the home uniforms, which I like. The logo will always suck.

801099[/snapback]

agreed. i like the blue jerseys. Now if i could get one, rip the slug off, and stitch on an old school logo, they'd be great!

I am starting to like the jerseys aFter seeing the first three games and seeing folks wearing the jerseys around town.

Am I the only one?

801087[/snapback]

Can you explain exactly why? Cause I still want to barf everytime I see it. On the ice is putrid, on their backs is horrid, on my ticket book is repulsive.

I don't get how anyone could like or even warm up to this crap.

I am certainly not buying anything with it. I will buy something old though.

That said, none of this is going to take away any of my enjoyment of this team, this year.

They are growing on me. The logo is not that bad (although I would have preferred the original logo). I just think that the blue should be a bit lighter. It looks black on TV. I also could live without the silver.

All in all, it is not as bad as I had anticipated. The actual design is pretty good. The criticism of the logo also has been overstated.

They are growing on me.  The logo is not that bad (although I would have preferred the original logo).  I just think that the blue should be a bit lighter.  It looks black on TV.  I also could live without the silver.

All in all, it is not as bad as I had anticipated.  The actual design is pretty good.  The criticism of the logo also has been overstated.

801232[/snapback]

The all blue Jersey looks great. I saw a guy wearing it at a party I went to this weekend. I can't explain why it looks good - I am not a fashion guy. I could say something like:

- it looks modern yet classey; or

- sleek yet rugged; or

- cutting edge yet true to tradition

BUt then I would sound gay yet manly.

The all blue Jersey looks great. I saw a guy wearing it at a party I went to this weekend.  I can't explain why it looks good - I am not a fashion guy. I could say something like:

- it looks modern yet classey; or

- sleek yet rugged; or

- cutting edge yet true to tradition

BUt then I would sound gay yet manly.

801369[/snapback]

No. Just gay! :doh:

Personally, I've always liked the jersey itself.  The font on the letters and numbers is a big improvement, the colors are obviously better, the stripes and piping are unique... all in all, I think they are great.

However, that logo is horrid.

801150[/snapback]

I agree, jersey good.... logo bad

*ahem*

It's Buffalo Fighting Banana Slugs.  Maybe that doesn't mean a lot to you, but I've been a fan my whole life and I insist that we get the name right.

Slug 'Em!!

801489[/snapback]

No, no, no. It is the abominable snot smear.

And it was posted on TSR a month or so ago that the team petitioned the league to wear the "throwback" sweaters in the playoffs, so when the Sabres win it all this year, if they have the good taste to win it at home, the unis Perreault, Crozier (well if they had shoulder patches when he played), and Gare wore will be drenched in champagne flowing from a very large silver chalice.

I think the road jerseys are worse than I could have imagined. Why the silver? Did TD consult the Sabres on this? Too many colors...we look like the friggin' Nashville Predators on the road, although, in all fairness, the Preds have a cool logo...

This new logo is awful. Part of the problem with it is that it is too undefined, if you didn't know it was the Buffalo Sabres playing, you really wouldn't be able to distinguish what the fug that is supposed to be...it looks almost like a flash of light or something...

The home uni's are a little better, only because the colors are remeniscent of the old classic uni's. The logo, however, is lost on the jerysey.

Am I the only one who hates the small numbers on the front left chest of the new uniforms? I think these uniforms suck, and I was trying to take an open minded approach to them.

I am sure it will change as the season goes on, but the opening game, against Carolina, early on, I was half wathcing early, and found it hard to watch the Sabres, my lazy attention was on the Hurricanes the whole first period.

Don't they "test" these uniforms on tv, before they approve them. I seem to remember the Dallas Mavs, a few seasons back, playing one game, with an alternate uni, and scrapping them, because they looked terrible on tv. I know, that is Mark Cuban, but come on...these uniforms are really bad.

Five seasons in, I still hate the Bills road uniforms, though the home unis' have grown on me. I forsee the same things with these Sabres uniforms.

Five seasons in, I still hate the Bills road uniforms, though the home unis' have grown on me.  I forsee the same things with these Sabres uniforms.

802263[/snapback]

No way! These uni's will not make 5 seasons. They will be made to look like an update on the original. Not an abortion. I hope.

It's pretty clear that Sabres management thought they could sell a buttload of new jerseys to children by putting a cartoon logo on the front.

It wouldn't have been so bad if they put the B with the sword on the front instead of on the shoulders. The Buffa-slug could have gone on the shoulders instead.

If they win the Cup they can wear garabage bags and pink skates for all I care.

801467[/snapback]

Or toques, leggings and bubble wrap!

I have been waiting for a Stanley Cup for the Sabres since the 70-71 season, not an endorsement from Mr Blackwell...

5 and 0 looks good...

As in scary!!!